• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I ordered H4350 direct from Hodgdon a couple days ago.

Vodoun daVinci

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Dec 17, 2017
    This is my first time using Hodgdon - Been an Alliant user for decades but have seen absolutely none for over 2 years so I found H4350 and ordered 3 lbs. Hodgdon did not send an email confirmation with my order number (never had that happen before with any other company) and has not responded to email asking for order verification/order number.

Is this normal with Hodgdon or did I fall thru the cracks somewhere? Kinda drooling thinking I can start reloading 6.5 CM again.

VooDoo

I've bought several times from Hodgdon, a few recently for H1000. Always got an Email confirmation almost immediately, and corresponded via EMail with them successfully once. Try their customer service EMail address instead of phone.

There is one Hodgdon imitation site that is very convincing. It nearly fooled me into placing an order, actually. Without posting the address, so as to avoid driving any traffic to their site, I'd recommend confirming you actually were ordering from Hodgdon/IMR and not the imitation.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
    Back tracked thru my browser history. It was at Hodgdons site. Oh well. Better watch my credit card like a hawk I guess. Nothing surprises me anymore.

VooDoo

Lately, I’ll get the order confirmation, then it might be a few days or more and I received the shipping info. I think you’ll be fine

I’ve ordered from the Hodgdon site, the actual one, a few times in the last 6 months or so and it’s taken a few days to get all the email communication. If it’s the real site don’t worry, you’ll get your precious

I'm hopeful. If I get the powder it'll be way worth The Anxiety. I keep forgetting that with current conditions we are probably lucky to get components at all. Hell, guys here locally, waited a year to get CCL renewals in Illinois and we have to make appointments weeks out to renew a DL.Not used to the Covid Fallout yet.

Thanks for the input!

VooDoo

I would call them and get a confirmation of your order. Happened to me before when I fat-fingered my email address.

There a little slow on the shipping and confirmation but they always come through. You going to love h4350 it’s very consistent and easy to find the sweet spot

Update: I got the shipment today (Saturday Morning) when I ordered on Tuesday - 3 pounds of granular gold well packed and it arrived 4 days after ordering so it's pretty hard to bitch about. The fact that I never got an order confirmation nor shipping notice is a bit...unnerving but this appears to be the 21st Century post Covid at a lot of places now. I'm thrilled as I can now load about 500 rounds of 6.5 CM and that'll keep me thru the Summer. Yay!

But to summarize: I ordered online Tuesday PM and tried to get four lbs but was rejected as there were only 3 available. So I bought it. This is on the Site:
    PLEASE NOTE: All orders ship within 10-15 business days.

I got my order in 4 days. No order confirmation via Email, no shipping notification, no response to inquiries via Email on order status. I got what I paid for in record time and it all arrived well packed and in perfect condition. Hopefully it'll be the powder that replaces the Alliant Reloder 26 that is simply unavailable. Back in the reloading game and breathing a sigh of relief.

VooDoo

3lbs?

rookie-numbers.gif

• Haha
    Reactions: Dot3 and spife7980
    It was all they'd let me put in the cart - no 8 lb'ers in stock and when I tried to add more single pounders they stopped me. I'd have bought more if it'd been available. As it is I'll check out H4350 and see how it works for me but the RL26 I was using with Hornady 147 ELDM was absolutely Magic Pixie Dust under Unicorn Horn projectiles for me......

.5MOAat200.jpg

Consistent Sub MOA this one at 200 yards - running a 147 gr. ELDM at 2930 FPS. I don't need the super velocity (which will never happen with H4350 anyway) and if H4350 can get me this kind of accuracy working up I'll switch as it's available and any Alliant powder seems to have been MIA for the last 2 years. But I worked a whole year to develop my current load with only 200 rounds left.

Love to go back but I doubt we'll see any Alliant powders for some time yet. Hope I'm wrong.

VooDoo

Just for future reference. Hogden limits you to 5 SKU units per month. So they will let you order up to 5 1lbers at a time and will limit once per month. Get on the reloading discord, Powder is dropping everyday all over the net. Just have to be ready to jump on it.