• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I own a LTR and want a 5R, does it make since?

Compact45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
WDM, Iowa USA
I own a LTR with some mods and I plan to keep it. I am wanting another 308 with a 24" barrel but not sure if it really makes since. My LTR shoots great so I have no complaints with it. I also own a GAP 260 rem (which is BA) and other calibers in other rifles but only one 308.

Does it make since to have multiple rifles in the same caliber and would a 24" 5R make more since than a 20" in my case. I admit I do like the handling of my 20" LTR.

--OR-- keep saving for a GAP Crusader.

My local club has a 600 yd max if this helps but I would like to go farther if there is a range available. Living in Iowa I probably will not be competing in tactical matches.

Thanks.

Re: I own a LTR and want a 5R, does it make since?

*awaits grammar nazi*

Buy what you want, now that makes sense
grin.gif

"The only thing that makes since is what you are asking. Who cares what makes since. Just buy what ever you can afford, that makes since. I have shot the throat out of my 20" Shot Tactical. I am rebarreling it with a 26" take off barrel that TacOps sales. To some that does not make since. But I want to try the 26" barrel. So it makes since to me.

What is it you want to achieve with a 5R? Only thing the 5R will give you is more velocity and weight. Nothing wrong with having more rifles but the 5R is really not a step up from where you already are with the LTR.