• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report I phone help.

ms6852

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2008
San Antonio Texas
I am old school but my wife finally convinced me to get an I phone buy dangling ballistic apps to me. The I tune store have four apps for the I phone that interest me.

I snipe $9.99
Mil-Dot Ballistics $14.99
Bullet Flight $29.99
Ballistic Advance Edition $19.99

I am old school retired Army and my rifle of choice is a 30-06 . My questions are two. Which apps do you like, and will the apps work if there is no cell service. I shoot in a very remote area of west Texas.

Re: I phone help.

I use Ballistic V4, Works good, the data is pretty accurate. You would need to get your environmental data before you loss signal. You can us the standard data for loads, or manual change for your hand loads. I have been very happy with the data, It's usually with in .1-.2 mrads.
My 300 blackout has been dead nuts on.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Rangerwalker is that the advance edition or the regular?

Cruizer, I did not see "Shooter" in the apps store. What about shooter did you like.

I like Ballistic, and the developer is active on the hide:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3606110

I'm pretty sure you can buy the regular version of Ballistic and do an in-app purchase to upgrade to the AE version if you want to check it out first.

Oh and you only need service to get atmospheric data. If you have a kestrel or a barometer/thermometer you can input it yourself (better that way anyway).

I also use Ballistics AE. Plenty of advice available in the thread on here under Ballistic AE in Range Reoprt and Exterior Ballistics section. AshesToAshes, as mentioned, frequents often and is very hands on.

Istrelok is a free app and it does a pretty good job.

Try Istrelok is is free and does a very good job

I use Shooter and Ballistic AE. Shooter is more simple to use, Ballistic AE has more features. Both give me exactly the same dope. It seems that recently the support has been better for Ballstic but that hasn't always been the case. I purchased Ballistic FTE (predecessor to AE) first and ended up buying Shooter due to lack of support, that has changed for the better.

If you choose to print your own pocket size dope cards, Ballistic is the only one that truly supports the format small enough to use.

I have Shooter, Ballistic AE and Istrelok. Shooter is the simplest for me to use and has given me accurate results. Istrelok is neat for the variety of reticles it shows,

Thanks for the feedback guys. It looks like ballistics wins hands down. Leprechaun I'll try Istrelock, but I do no remember seeing it in the Apps store.

shooter is my fav
it depends on how complex you want to get with it.
Ballistic AE lets you keep track of targets
shooter is simple but offers advanced functions.

in app store search "shooter ballistics" its like 9.99$ i think