• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I really miss SHOT Show 2021

Denys

Turbulent Optics Student
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2012
    Texas
    It was really a bummer there was no SHOT Show this year.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Glassaholic
    I am sorely tempted by the new 1.5-15x42 for a lightweight hunting rifle but the lack of reviews is holding me up. Any thoughts on how this scope (with a MTR-5 or MTR-D2) would work on a do it all bolt action hunting rifle meant be used out to about 700 yards or so?

Of course the 4.5-28 would also look good on my 22 rimfire gun...

Reactions: Bravo6
    I am sorely tempted by the new 1.5-15x42 for a lightweight hunting rifle but the lack of reviews is holding me up. Any thoughts on how this scope (with a MTR-5 or MTR-D2) would work on a do it all bolt action hunting rifle meant be used out to about 700 yards or so?

Of course the 4.5-28 would also look good on my 22 rimfire gun...
    The March 1.5-15X42 is a brand new model and I have been testing a pre-production model with the "tactical" turrets on my AR-10 shooting in the new NRA AR Tactical class to 600 yards. I have a thread on that here somewhere. It's a nice short scope and I'm at 15X all the time, because of the type of shooting I do, but I see it as a great all-around scope and should be great for hunting.

Reactions: Bravo6 and Franko
    The March 1.5-15X42 is a brand new model and I have been testing a pre-production model with the "tactical" turrets on my AR-10 shooting in the new NRA AR Tactical class to 600 yards. I have a thread on that here somewhere. It's a nice short scope and I'm at 15X all the time, because of the type of shooting I do, but I see it as a great all-around scope and should be great for hunting.

Is it a durable scope? As others have said, it looks like a nice hunting scope. I'm worried it can take the abuse most hunters (me included) would give it.

What's your impression?

Is it a durable scope? As others have said, it looks like a nice hunting scope. I'm worried it can take the abuse most hunters (me included) would give it.

What's your impression?
    I have several March scopes and they have always impressed me with their strength, finish and durability. It is my understanding that the tube are machined from a ingot, not pressed or extruded.

I got my first March 8 years ago and it was on my F-TR rifle all that time; 20,000+rounds, 100+montly matches, 6 Nationals, 12 State, a couple regionals and 2 World competitions. The March 1.5-15X42 is solid, but I have not shot it much, nowhere near like the one on my F-TR rifle.

Does march do a mil/leo pricing? I've always wanted to try one buy don't know anyone that owns one for anything outside of f class

I have several March scopes and they have always impressed me with their strength, finish and durability. It is my understanding that the tube are machined from a ingot, not pressed or extruded.

I got my first March 8 years ago and it was on my F-TR rifle all that time; 20,000+rounds, 100+montly matches, 6 Nationals, 12 State, a couple regionals and 2 World competitions. The March 1.5-15X42 is solid, but I have not shot it much, nowhere near like the one on my F-TR rifle.

Thank you! That sounds like a great endorsement.

Does march do a mil/leo pricing? I've always wanted to try one buy don't know anyone that owns one for anything outside of f class
    March does not do any direct sales, it's best to contact the distributors here in the USA many of which Denys lists at the beginning of this thread. Many offer additional discounts for Mil/LE, you just need to contact them directly

Yes. It stacks in my cart.
    3-24x52 fml1

• Order Subtotal (1 item):$2,362.95
    • Coupon:-$236.30
    • Est. Sales Tax: $95.70
    • Shipping Subtotal:FREE
    • Grand Total:$2,222.35

I checked OPs price with 10% code and you’re better off going with long range supply. Prices are significantly better.

Reactions: Earnhardt
    Found a 10% off code.
    OP price for the 5-42 seems lower then long range when you use the 10% code. Even after taxes its under 3200 for the 5-42 on OP.

Reactions: Glassaholic
    Found a 10% off code.
    OP price for the 5-42 seems lower then long range when you use the 10% code. Even after taxes its under 3200 for the 5-42 on OP.

It’s good to see that it brought the price down on other models. I got excited about stacking the code on the 3-24 until I realized that it would be cheaper elsewhere... never checked other optic models.