• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I saw the future and it was glorious.

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    New Greek place opened up locally and the wife talked me into trying it. I rolled my eyes as I was already expecting it to taste like every other generic Greek place, no matter where you go, as they all use the same Sysco garbage.

Normally I have low expectations for food locally anyways as St George must have some sort of law where you can either be a chain or your food has to be the most uninspired overpriced bullshit in order to get a license here. Good food? Oh no, we can't be having that!

Anyways, in we go. My level of interest coming through the door is somewhere around wanting to make a dentist appointment, helping homeless ukrainian children or doing fucking taxes. I'm confused when I walk in as the place is almost full, yet I see absolutely zero staff except 1 or 2 behind the counter in the kitchen area. Upon further review, there really wasn't even a counter area nor was there some sort of hostess or anything. You just kind of walked in and....theres a wall of large iPads.

You order 100% of everything via the very well thought out iPad format. When it comes time to pay via the iPad, it doesn't even try and guilt you into leaving a 20-75% tip. Fuck, there's not even a spot for a tip at all if you even wanted to. This is fantastic!

No counter. Just a large seating area with tables. I sit down and wait but am confused as to how the food comes out as they have literally zero information about me. Some time passes and 1 of the 3 total employees comes out from the back, walks right up to the table and asks who had X and who had Y. I'm guessing they take a photo of you or something.

That was the first, and last human interaction I had there. And it was perfect. The place had 30 tables and 3 total employees. 2 of the 3 were making food. The 1 was helping and running orders. That's it. No bullshit. No wanting a tip from you for walking 13 feet. No nothing.

It was flawless. And the food was actually really good.

If more restaurants can figure out how to do this as opposed to what its turned into over the last 5 years, anyone that doesn't adapt better have the world's greatest whatever, because otherwise, no one wants to deal with your shit.

The other benefit here is that it literally runs on 3 people. I've seen more useless faggots hanging around at the hostess station at restaurants. The system they use kills at a minimum 4 jobs, maybe up to 6. This motivates the 3 humans that actually do work there to do a good fucking job because, well, there's only 3 jobs there and you are replaceable. Fuck off with you whining about how you deserve a 40% tip and get to fucking work you fucking poors.

I love it. Fuck, they don't even have an option for a tip LOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
    Please share the name of the place so I can enjoy it when I am down that way.

Do they serve hummus?

Is the gyros sliced off the rack?

Reactions: BCP
    This is what happens when you raise the minimum wage. I’d say it’s good but now the other idiots are on the dole.

Nick the Greek is a Chain

First time I've ever heard of or seen one. So apparently the 'you need to be a chain' thing continues in the food desert known as St George.

However, the way the restaurant 'works' and the food are both good. I've been to enough Greek places that taste like its the exact same place to know that this, at least at this location, is way different.

I hate eating out in town, and I'd go back tonight.

The fact that there's not even a line to put a tip on is LOLOLOLOL

Last time I stopped in St. George was for some gas and something quick to eat....maybe 2007'ish ?
    A McDonalds was right at the gas station, so easy peazy, right ?
    I walk in and every worker looked like a mormon Ken and Barbie clone.
    No kidding, every single worker was a good looking, white, wholesome as apple pie, kid.
    The bigmac was seriously 20 levels above any bigmac I had ever had.....real leaf lettuce and tomato slices ? real hand pressed burger patties ?

I was floored, it wasn't a good burger, it was a great one.
    I have a sneaking feeling they are no longer in business.....because of some stupid ass stipulation in the franchise papers I'd bet.

Last time I stopped in St. George was for some gas and something quick to eat....maybe 2007'ish ?
    No kidding, every single worker was a good looking, white, wholesome as apple pie, kid.
    The bigmac was seriously 20 levels above any bigmac I had ever had.....real leaf lettuce and tomato slices ? real hand pressed burger patties ?

I have a sneaking feeling they are no longer in business.....because of some stupid ass stipulation in the franchise papers I'd bet.

All of them are owned by the same family; they live across the street from me.

When we first came here in 2010 it was exactly that. Now with the area growing and becoming commercialized, EVERTYTHING good has gone down whereas everything shit has gone way up.

We have crime. We have shit food. We have 872987870 car washes for some fucking reason. We have traffic. We have people moving here from places that they've ruined. We have the highest cost of living in Utah now, with absolutely nothing positive to show for it. And anything that was good, basically went to shit.

All of them are owned by the same family; they live across the street from me.

When we first came here in 2010 it was exactly that. Now with the area growing and becoming commercialized, EVERTYTHING good has gone down whereas everything shit has gone way up.

We have crime. We have shit food. We have 872987870 car washes for some fucking reason. We have traffic. We have people moving here from places that they've ruined. We have the highest cost of living in Utah now, with absolutely nothing positive to show for it. And anything that was good, basically went to shit.
    Sounds like you just condemned the greek place's future.
    Without even having tried the "souvlaki and baklava".
    Shame on you.

Or for putting tomato slices on Big Macs.

Reactions: Tokay444
    Wow, what a refreshing story to hear for a change.....Awesome!
    Wish I would have known this a few days ago as my wife and kid were in Mesquite for a couple rounds of golf over spring break. They travelled through and would have had them stop, the place sounds great!
    Every day I encounter the sub human restaurant food prep idiots hanging in the back alley on smoke breaks. There is no way I want to be in the same room with these people much less have them touch my food. I avoid eating out as much as possible because of this. Disgusting!

The tipping is one thing I LOVE about Europe. Restaurants have great service and no tip. You can eat better than in the US, for half as much... and you don't get dirty looks and no service, if you stay more than an hour and you've already paid.

I was certain you were referencing this.

1680173916877.png

• Haha
    Reactions: Two36
    Some of the local restaurants are starting to use these robots to deliver food to tables. The old lady gets drunk and tries to ride it, calls it Wall-E. This is why small towns cant have nice things
    6_203120c4-7d0e-4499-84d5-0de9c8eef4a8_1024x1024.png

Reactions: 1911hombre
    New Greek place opened up locally and the wife talked me into trying it. I rolled my eyes as I was already expecting it to taste like every other generic Greek place, no matter where you go, as they all use the same Sysco garbage.

Normally I have low expectations for food locally anyways as St George must have some sort of law where you can either be a chain or your food has to be the most uninspired overpriced bullshit in order to get a license here. Good food? Oh no, we can't be having that!

Anyways, in we go. My level of interest coming through the door is somewhere around wanting to make a dentist appointment, helping homeless ukrainian children or doing fucking taxes. I'm confused when I walk in as the place is almost full, yet I see absolutely zero staff except 1 or 2 behind the counter in the kitchen area. Upon further review, there really wasn't even a counter area nor was there some sort of hostess or anything. You just kind of walked in and....theres a wall of large iPads.

You order 100% of everything via the very well thought out iPad format. When it comes time to pay via the iPad, it doesn't even try and guilt you into leaving a 20-75% tip. Fuck, there's not even a spot for a tip at all if you even wanted to. This is fantastic!

No counter. Just a large seating area with tables. I sit down and wait but am confused as to how the food comes out as they have literally zero information about me. Some time passes and 1 of the 3 total employees comes out from the back, walks right up to the table and asks who had X and who had Y. I'm guessing they take a photo of you or something.

That was the first, and last human interaction I had there. And it was perfect. The place had 30 tables and 3 total employees. 2 of the 3 were making food. The 1 was helping and running orders. That's it. No bullshit. No wanting a tip from you for walking 13 feet. No nothing.

It was flawless. And the food was actually really good.

If more restaurants can figure out how to do this as opposed to what its turned into over the last 5 years, anyone that doesn't adapt better have the world's greatest whatever, because otherwise, no one wants to deal with your shit.

The other benefit here is that it literally runs on 3 people. I've seen more useless faggots hanging around at the hostess station at restaurants. The system they use kills at a minimum 4 jobs, maybe up to 6. This motivates the 3 humans that actually do work there to do a good fucking job because, well, there's only 3 jobs there and you are replaceable. Fuck off with you whining about how you deserve a 40% tip and get to fucking work you fucking poors.

I love it. Fuck, they don't even have an option for a tip LOLOLOLOLOL
    How does an iPad make change?

Reactions: Jgunner and zeroz
    I had a dream like that and I am still wondering how to get the railroad tracks laid in front of my house and a train delivery of powder , primers and bullets , and barrels .

Will it stand the test of time. Seems all restautrants are better when they first open, but within a year will degrade into oblivion.

Reactions: PearShooter