• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk I shot the 2019 Bushnell GAP Grind Pro-Am - I was an Am

pga43

Ninja photgrapher
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2018
Old Hickory, TN
www.golfwrx.com
So I finished up shooting the 2019 Bushnell GAP Grind Pro-Am. Lots of thank you and firsts in this match for me.
Thank you K&M for letting me shoot the match. I truly appreciated the opportunity.
Shoutout to all the RO's, the great sponsors, Squad 17 and the biggest thanks to my friend and Pro, Subwrx300. He was the epitome of what the pro's are supposed to do at the Pro-Am

He guided me, helped me, prodded me, encouraged me even when he was having his own issues to deal with (and a challenging CoF). Stayed on top of the wind calls and any adjustments. I would not have shot as well as I did without your help and all the great guys & gal on Squad 17.

Thank you ATeam for spinning me up the new barrel cuz it made all the difference. The ATeam magic was there!

I set goals, some were a little lofty but they were as follows:

#1 - be safe & aware of what I was suppose to do moving with my rifle, don't do anything to get DQ
#2 - have fun and I had that in spades and then some!
#3 - make impacts and no zeros on any stages (had a 2 & a 3 impact stage, but no zeros)
#4- cleaned a stage (I had 2 cleaned stages, 1st time cleaning any stage)
#5 - finish in the Top 100 for the Ams (finished 90)

My 1st two day match (I've only shot 2 one day matches) and only began shooting rifles less than two years ago, so not bad for a 65 year old Golf guy.

I have enjoyed photographing a lot of matches and making so many new friends. The shooting is just a bonus.

I hope to shoot a few matches next year, probably only one day matches. I know the PRS people cringe a little when I have a rifle in my hands and not a Canon!

Thank you so much

Here's what I shoot, not because I'm sponsored but because it works
MPA chassis
ATeam barrel
Bushnell XRS II scope
Hornady factory ammo
Trigger Tech trigger
Armaggedon gear
Area 419

It was my first 2 day match as well and you shot great!
Squad 17 was a great group of shooters! I was the bigger guy with the sanded down multi color stock that had issues with mags!

Congrats on cleaning your first stage. It's a big moment in PRS when that happens. I did it at the Rockland Border War match. You took some amazing photos at the Vortex 2 day match on Ohio, this year. Watch out for this guy! He's a sleeper! I want to shoot the next Pro Am next year.

Reactions: pga43
The 2019 Grind was my first match ever, and I had a great time. I too set small goals: Be safe; LEARN; have fun. Nailed it! My Pro was a huge help. Thanks, Kriss! Oh yeah...Squad 12...AWESOME!!! What a great group of people to get started in this sport with.
Greg, thanks for all the great photos you’ve posted. It’s fun to look back and see the familiar moments and faces.

Reactions: The Durk and pga43