• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I think I need one of these .50's

The Mechanic

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2006
San Diego County Ca.
Ok I am thinking I need one of these. Except for the backblast.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KT2Xhp9QvBQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KT2Xhp9QvBQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: I think I need one of these .50's

I got to shoot a Barrett .50 yesterday and man those things are freaking awesome to shoot.The recoil is now were close to what you would think and are crazy accurate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andy Y.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got to shoot a Barrett .50 yesterday and man those things are freaking awesome to shoot.The recoil is now were close to what you would think and are <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">crazy accurate</span></span>. </div></div>

Wow, you should hang onto that one...

Now that there is one bad boy, can't even imagine coming up against that kind of fire power from 5 or 6 guys.
Awesome,

I sure you cant run it suppressed , so no thanks. Cool though.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sure you cant run it suppressed , so no thanks. Cool though..... </div></div>

You probably can, I'm willing to bet you'd have to do something to the locking mechanism and recoil spring to handle the extra mass on the barrel because it's reciprocating, but that doesn't sound like too much of an issue, it'd be the same as just having a longer barrel. You'd also probably want a suppressor with a bigger ID than normal just to be on the safe side to avoid baffle strikes.

nice rifle, it is made in hungary and shoots the 14.5x114 and is bit bigger than the 50 BMG but a hair slower.
noticed they are wearing S&B scopes, good stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andy Y.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got to shoot a Barrett .50 yesterday and man those things are freaking awesome to shoot.The recoil is now were close to what you would think and are <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">crazy accurate</span></span>. </div></div>

Wow, you should hang onto that one... </div></div>

LOL! Thanks, I needed the chuckle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cavemanmoore</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andy Y.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got to shoot a Barrett .50 yesterday and man those things are freaking awesome to shoot.The recoil is now were close to what you would think and are <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">crazy accurate</span></span>. </div></div>

Wow, you should hang onto that one... </div></div>

LOL! Thanks, I needed the chuckle. </div></div>
They did kinda fix the sloppy barrel thing with an update but I had to chuckle a bit at the "crazy accurate" thing too.
smile.gif

That's the Gephard Lynx and you can't find them here. More anti-material. There is a semi-auto 50 BMG with a short stroke type action coming out very soon called the Leader 50. Just Google Leader 50 for info on David Crane's Defense Review article on it. I did not shoot it yet but handled it at SHOT. Very well balanced and weighs only 17 lbs. with a large muzzle brake to manage recoil. Will be interesting to see how it shoots. Also coming out in .416 Barrett.