• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I think LowLight needs one of these!

Frank Green

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2006
wisconsin
www.bartleinbarrels.com
I think @Lowlight needs one of these! Not trying to steal any of LL thunder here. It's just a cool pic!

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

1706193989498.jpeg

In a previous life we were spoken to about “payload rifles”

They’ve been trying to get a larger projectile for years now.

Kept trying the 20mm but it’s just not feasible, so they started looking at the 114mm

Actually had a few guys come to us at shot 2020 asking about possibility of the 114. Not us government though

barrel needs to be 48" to optimize ballistics I would think

Bullpup design would be optimal
Bullpup design.... that's open to debate and I'll say personal preference more than anything else.

Ballistics on a 48" vs 40". I'm going to say not that big of a deal. If that was true then that case necked down to a 50cal bore size would see a bigger improvement in terms of velocity and I didn't/don't see it on a 52" vs a 42" finish. I called that round the 50HVT over 20 years ago. Now it's being called the 12.7x114mm.

The 14.5mm being a bigger bore size (even though technically it's marginal per se) will give more room to burn the powder vs the 50cal. so normally you don't need as long of a barrel for that to happen.

14.5mm Soviet has the potential to be the ultimate ELR cartridge, if only there were precision components available and DD exemptions.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Yeah, I’m wondering where brass and primers are going to come from.

I would neck it down to 50 caliber to solve the projectile and DD problem

Reactions: Frank Green
Yeah, I’m wondering where brass and primers are going to come from.

I would neck it down to 50 caliber to solve the projectile and DD problem
I did that 23 years ago. I called it the 50HVT or if you will the 12.7x114. Same cartridge the claim is made by the Ukraine sniper at like 2.6 miles.

Slinging a 750gr Hornady at 3100fps was easy!