• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I think my scope might be broken.

SanPatHogger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
Athlon Helos BTR gen 2 6-24 mil. 50 moa base on a CZ 455. should be sitting about 7 mil off the bottom, but it has been cranked to the top several times. I noticed when I switched from CCI SV to Eley Tenex it seemed to shoot flatter and not need as much elevation to hit at 110. a week or so later I'm back to shooting CCI and I'm hitting way low at 50. after 100 rounds or so I've settled back in at 1.0 mil to hit at 50.
Did the reticle move on the threads when I topped out the scope? It shouldn't be from bottoming out, I've got the zero stop in.
I'll mess with it some today, crank a mil or so and see if it tracks or not. If it seems to be working I can just rezero the turret and move the zero stop, but there should not be a shift of a whole mil at 50 yards.
Set the turret in the middle of its travel and give the gun a few bumps? See if it gets worse or better, or different?

Your scope has 29mils elevation? Your 50moa base is like 14.5mils. I guess I am not tracking how you have 7mils left on the bottom?

Last edited:
Reactions: Taylorbok
So it turns out the scope is fine, I'm just a goof.
Last time I shot one of my shooting buddys tells me the scope is too far back an the stock is too low. I had another stock here and swapped from the black rubber stock to a wook stock and swiped the cheek riser bag off my 10/22. Know what happens when you make a change that big....?
Shot a group this morning, cranked 8 mil up, hit 8 mil up, cranked back to my new zero and shot into the same group.