• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft I-touch and KAC bulletflight

257speed

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2007
Alb, New Mexico
Here is my setup for the I-touch and bulletflight. Got tired of waiting for KAC to come out with the mount so I made my own. Several people have asked about the mount and I will have to take more detailed pic's on how I made it. It is an awesome setup and I love having it right in front of me when I am shooting.
PC130260-1.jpg

PC130259.jpg

PC130261.jpg

PC130262.jpg

PC130263.jpg

Re: I-touch and KAC bulletflight

good to see someone else decided to fix the nasty black otter box too. tan krylon fusion did wonders on mine. Also planning to build a mount, but mine will likely not be as "well developed"

Hey, if you're going to mount one of those on the rifle, there's some more stuff you might want, like wind flags, wind meters,...

dtubbrifle2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, if you're going to mount one of those on the rifle, there's some more stuff you might want, like wind flags, wind meters,...

dtubbrifle2.jpg
</div></div>

Is that David Tubb himself? I see the weather meter / wind flag but what is the white plastic box taped to the side of the rifle? A shot timer or what? How do you manuver over / under / through obstacles without breaking off all of that plastic stuff?

It's just some shooter who showed up for a match...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A shot timer or what?</div></div> It is a timer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you manuver over / under / through obstacles without breaking off all of that plastic stuff?</div></div>

Good question. Probably applies to that electronic gizmo shown above, too. I'd hate to have all that stuff on my rifle while doing this:

culvert.jpg

Sarcasm at it's finest. There is no comparison between the two. The I-touch locks flat against the rifle, which makes it very slim. I really don't think it would prevent me from crawling through some culvert pipe anyhow. But it also comes off quickly so it can be stowed. There is a place for everything. Obviously that guy can get by with all the gadgets on his rifle. If it helps his shooting then so what?

I also have a 9mm mag pouch that i modified so my Caldwell Wind Wizard can velcro to my stock right in front of my cheek weld. That way it doesnt get "lost" in the 15+ pockets that my TRU's have.

I just got my Ipod touch this week and LOVE it! I loaded up the iballistic app and it appears as advertised. It also seems as though it is like the online JBM that I have been using for years. The Otterbox is in the mail and I will attempt to fabricate the same thing as 257 speed. Trying to figure out what page of the printed dope I've been carrying around is now a thing of the past unless I break the ipod, have a dead batt, or just plain forget the damn thing. The trade-offs of life I guess. Let me know how you made the mount. Yours appears to be clean and quite functional.

is it just me...or did you build it using a trigger pack? that was my plan. It looks like you have the mount using a modified hammer and hammer spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is it just me...or did you build it using a trigger pack? that was my plan. It looks like you have the mount using a modified hammer and hammer spring. </div></div>

Yessir. The mount has a spring loaded ball detent that snaps into the sear notch when it is in the closed position.

What is the minimum Ipod requirements to run the KAC ap.
I need to be conservative with my money and that is what I want for Christmas.
Thanks

I hav loaded the Bullet flight program on mine and 2000 pictures and its not up too 4 meg, I bought the 64 meg but you could easily get an 8 meg for the program

just understand there not expandable I suggest you get the 32 but its your cash
Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hav loaded the Bullet flight program on mine and 2000 pictures and its not up too 4 <span style="color: #FF0000">gig</span>, I bought the 64 <span style="color: #FF0000">gig</span> but you could easily get an 8 <span style="color: #FF0000">gig</span> for the program

Bill </div></div>

Bill.... fixed for ya... <grin>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hav loaded the Bullet flight program on mine and 2000 pictures and its not up too 4 <span style="color: #FF0000">gigity</span>, I bought the 64 <span style="color: #FF0000">gigity</span> but you could easily get an 8 <span style="color: #FF0000">gigity</span> for the program

Bill </div></div>

Bill.... fixed for ya... <grin> </div></div>

Fixed it for all of you
wink.gif

It's amazing, isn't it? In 1977, I paid $1000 per <span style="font-weight: bold">kilobyte</span> of static ram memory for an Intel Single-Board Computer, and now Wally World has 32 GB flash drives for less than 20 bucks. Boggles my old mind...

Very cool... If you start making this for order, I'd pick one up. (If the price is right, of course.) Very cool mount.

Wil
Thanks got my Meg / Gig screwed up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hav loaded the Bullet flight program on mine and 2000 pictures and its not up too 4 <span style="color: #FF0000">gig</span>, I bought the 64 <span style="color: #FF0000">gig</span> but you could easily get an 8 <span style="color: #FF0000">gig</span> for the program

Bill </div></div>

Bill.... fixed for ya... <grin> </div></div>