• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

i-touch case

TYB422

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2008
Central OHIO
I'm planning on using my 32GB touch as my ballistic calc and I wondering what cases you're using. I've seen the Otterbox waterproof model and I think I'd like something like that...they are about $50 so they are a little spendy. Is there anyithing better or less expensive that's as good?

Thanks!
-Tyler

Re: i-touch case

The otterbox is a good unit, i use one on my itouch and my blackberry, probably protect your stuff better than anything else.

The units are a lot tougher than they seem. I simply use a rubber fitted case with the front glass exposed. I've had an iPhone since launch day (I was one of the dudes waiting in line), and I have never had any issues with taking it in the woods and using it. Just used it the other day to track my hunt/hike.

I wouldn't thropw it against the ground, but they're not delicate little flowers that break upon looking at them.

If you have to be 'that guy':

MagpuliPhoneCase.gif

Actually, I don't know if they are gonna make one for the 'pod; just the phone for now.

I just bought an Otterbox myself, and you're right, they are discontinued. But there seems to be a pretty good supply out on eBay right now, which is where I got mine.

Try REI that's where Otterbox sent me for the case. I picked up both the Defender case and the Impact case. Good stuff BTW.

Dam the Magpul case looks HSLD, too bad they don't have one for the Itouch!
frown.gif

Ok guys here is the latest.

I just bought an Otterbox Armor for the iPod Touch 2G (3G will fit also) from Bass Pro Shops about 5 minutes ago. The gal checked stock and they had about twelve available. She also said they expect more at the end of the month.

She suggested calling rather than ordering online if you want one. Online the stock could change and you wont know if you'll get it or it will be backordered.

RT