• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I touched it...

TallShot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2011
Central Louisiana
...lovingly, somewhat apprehensively, and with innocent curiosity...

imagejpg6_zps20fb6f34.jpg

It's a pretty neat scope. Weighs, um, a bit. This one had the Tremor reticle in it.

Glassing outside SportOptics/Interstate Guns in Hammond, I thought the image was quite a leap from their (NF) NXS line. Definitely pleasant to look through, although to my eye, still didn't have that "pop" to it like the 5-25 S&B.

Either way, thanks to Dustin at SportOptics for letting me behold the magnificent, years-in-waiting, knashing of teeth "Beast". Good group of guys.

And in case they read this; yes, the battle belt suspenders I bought fit nicely on the belt. :)

I can't believe people bitch about the razors turrets after seeing this. Lol

Exactly. I was thinking the same thing. People were screaming about the huge turrets on the Razor when it came out and this turret is bigger so lets see what is said about these. LOL

I got the grand tour of one at SHOT. It's heavy but so is S&B. Turrets are large and that "stick shift" thing I thought to be very odd. But I subscribe to the K.I.S.S. principle out of necessity.

Exactly. I was thinking the same thing. People were screaming about the huge turrets on the Razor when it came out and this turret is bigger so lets see what is said about these. LOL

They really are big. I made comment to Dustin that it was like grabbing a 10oz Budweiser lol.

Although... It ~is~ a 20mil turret. I would never need such a beast (pun intended?), but it's there I guess.

Turrets were positive tho'...

Last edited:
For whatever reason the OP's picture made me think of those photos of some guys hand with a Japanese hornet in it where you look at it and think "jeez, that thing IS huge".

Jesus, maybe one of these days I will get to handle one, those turrets are fucking huge. Like others, I thought the turrets on the Razor were fucking huge, not anymore. Guess it makes the Razor look that much more appealing now. I'd love to take one out and compare it side by side in the field to my S&B and to get some time playing with that lever, not sure how I feel about it.

I had one for about two weeks (decided to sell it fund a AIAT/NF F1 combo). I compared it to my S&B 5-25 h2cmr. It's a great piece of kit... deep clean adjustments, great glass and solid resolution. However, I prefer my S&b based solely off the h2cmr reticle... either way, the end user will be happy with the said product.

For whatever reason the OP's picture made me think of those photos of some guys hand with a Japanese hornet in it where you look at it and think "jeez, that thing IS huge".

And that's the jist of it..... I'm a relatively big dude. 6'0" @ 210lbs. Lol

The scope is BIG.