• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I wanna win a McLaren so I can race the Porsche

Jeremy's Razor is having a contest

I want to win the King's Car,

Help me out and I will give your girl a ride in my new car...

My daughter would skip the ride and ask for a damn rifle.
My kid that is.
Naw, she would say she wants a ride in either if you go fast AND bug you for some shooting goodies.
You two are about the same size, so it could work!!! 😉

This is the one you want.
Twin turbo V12 mid engine squirts about 1150 horse after my A/C powered intercoolers were installed.
Personally drove it on the 405 freeway in Socal at 70mph in first gear, not redlined.
True top speed never found that I know of.....it was Mike Tysons car and he might have been a great fighter, but he sucked at the whole driving thing.

Lambo.jpg

This is the one you want.
Twin turbo V12 mid engine squirts about 1150 horse after my A/C powered intercoolers were installed.
Personally drove it on the 405 freeway in Socal at 70mph in first gear, not redlined.
True top speed never found that I know of.....it was Mike Tysons car and he might have been a great fighter, but he sucked at the whole driving thing.

View attachment 7960322
A/C powered intercoolers?

Curious how that works?

2022 McLaren 720S / MSRP From $299,000

2022 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ / MSRP From $515,000

Dunno, Frank....think they can come equip it with these? :unsure:(sorry, Frank...I'm a bit on the vertically challenged side myself but thought it was funny...but I have a lousy sense of humor. ) 🤣

1663718987414.png

• Haha
Reactions: GreenGO Juan
guy in my car club has a 2018 Huracan Performante with a blower. Makes like 850 to the tire or something like that on like 6psi of boost.

He's also got a Porsche 911 GT2RS. I think those make over 600 to the tire.

He said driving the porsche is very sedate compared to the Lambo.

If we all chip in $5 we could make his dream come true. All kidding aside I'd love to do a 24-36 volt conversion on one of these for my kiddos.
Power wheels that do donuts and power slides are just too much fun 😁

Love you Frank.

roa050120dpt-go-powerwheels-01-1589896695.jpg
images (4).jpeg

Had a couple of each…keep the porsche.

Mclaren is fast as shit with the looks too, but not worth the money. Infotainment still jams up, I’ve prob gone through 5/6 new and replacement units over different macs.

Everything is “too” fast now, it’s about the driving experience and feeling…Ferrari has that figured out.

I’ll check out the shave kit link when I get a chance

Curious how that works?
Took 2 A/C evaporators, rolled them into tubes wrapped around pressure side tubing of turbos.
The damn car had A/C from the factory but no fucking top, at all, like you see in the pic.....WT-ever loving-F ????
So I put it to use, chilled the intake quite well.

Reactions: Dirty D
Took 2 A/C evaporators, rolled them into tubes wrapped around pressure side tubing of turbos.
The damn car had A/C from the factory but no fucking top, at all, like you see in the pic.....WT-ever loving-F ????
So I put it to use, chilled the intake quite well.
Interesting. How did you keep the clutch on the compressor from disengaging at high RPM?

Curious how that works?
I believe John Lingenfelter was the first to do that on Corvettes. Super cool the air going to the motor and you increase horsepower. The colder you can keep everything prior to ignition the better.

He used nitrous and they thought he was crazy. Probably; but it worked.

Reactions: Average guy
I believe John Lingenfelter was the first to do that on Corvettes. Super cool the air going to the motor and you increase horsepower. The colder you can keep everything prior to ignition the better.

Yes I have played with turbocharged cars and trucks before understand. Had thoughts of doing something similar by under driving a compressor with a big pully, just curious.

He built some bad ass Vetts for sure!

Reactions: camocorvette
My last two mclearerns were junk. Lost the new car smell in a week. Then my old lady Tammy's belt buckle scratched the hood so I traded it for a lambergini

Reactions: brianf
The dodge demon does that from the factory for a factory warrantied +900 hp
The demon has a liquid to air cooler and the ac lines go into the coolant reservoir for the intercooler. Yep. My sister works at Chryslers proving grounds. Even though they’re owned by foreigners they’re doing some pretty cool shit there

Reactions: FWoo45 and Bender
No point in owning a car that won’t drive over a curb. Have you looked into ultra 4 racing. Those are some bad ass cars/trucks.

Reactions: Bender

A guy I used to work for wayyyyyy back in the day, Louie Unser (yea, one of those Unsers) was the first to do it.
He was a good ol boy and ran his shop very well even though he was a paraplegic stuck in a wheel chair.
Brilliant man, passed away quite some time ago.

guy in my car club has a 2018 Huracan Performante with a blower. Makes like 850 to the tire or something like that on like 6psi of boost.

He's also got a Porsche 911 GT2RS. I think those make over 600 to the tire.

He said driving the porsche is very sedate compared to the Lambo.
The Porsche 992 generation 911 GT2RS models have a system where it sprays water on the I/C during boost to keep IAT down and boost up. Bad ass cars for sure. I agree they drive sedate because they are hooked up.

2022 McLaren 720S / MSRP From $299,000

2022 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ / MSRP From $515,000

For a whole lot cheaper, a Tesla model S Plaid will beat both of them in 0-60 times and 1/4th mile times.

Those supercars don't pull ahead until a bit later when you really open them up on the track and get some serious speed going that the Tesla can't match.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Last edited:
Reactions: FWoo45
No point in owning a car that won’t drive over a curb. Have you looked into ultra 4 racing. Those are some bad ass cars/trucks.

Think GT4RS and most 911 can be optioned with Axle lift system and it’s programmable to be automatic gps enabled, won’t necessarily go over a curb but a decent speed bump.

Reactions: JR_77
Keep the Porsche and don't try keeping up with the Jones.
I will loan you the money of course at 3 points.

For a whole lot cheaper, a Tesla model S Plaid will beat both of them in 0-60 times and 1/4th mile times.

Those supercars don't pull ahead until a bit later when you really open them up on the track and get some serious speed going that the Tesla can't match.
thats what i was getting at, all cars are so fast now...speed doesnt matter in the decision anymore

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Plaid Tesla is the fastest production car ever. buy it instead ,BTW it kills Bugattis ! you could probably afford it ($150k) or a used one with 3k miles for 130k https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ctd/d/portland-2021-tesla-plaid-awd-3k-miles/7528465311.html

To bad the Tesla looks like a Kia. not even close to a super car. Can that golf cart to a whole day of drag races then drive to Florida on a road trip and pull hotties on the beach? No.

Reactions: JR_77 and Athos300
thats what i was getting at, all cars are so fast now...speed doesnt matter in the decision anymore

Yep. The vast majority of drivers can't access the full potential of even a base Vette or mid-range performance trim pony car, so why bother debating 0-60 or Nurburgring times of various supercars? (Not to mention that some of those vehicles won't make it through more than one track day without the attention of a factory mechanic.) But "driver engagement" remains impossible to quantify, so we're stuck with abstract dick-measuring contests.

Yep. The vast majority of drivers can't access the full potential of even a base Vette or mid-range performance trim pony car, so why bother debating 0-60 or Nurburgring times of various supercars? (Not to mention that some of those vehicles won't make it through more than one track day without the attention of a factory mechanic.) But "driver engagement" remains impossible to quantify, so we're stuck with abstract dick-measuring contests.
yet, the lack of "measurables", feelings etc... creates the need for measurables...back to performance/HP/times etc

circular argument, huh..

funny how that works out sometimes

Reactions: E. Bryant

Thats why I track Miata's... Its far easier to extract all the potential performance of the car and be fast everywhere on track except the straights vs simply pushing the loud pedal down on something with 600hp and blowing everybody away on the straights. I have higher cornering speeds than quite a few of the 600hp wonders running around the track, thus have higher exit speeds and can carry my speed down the straight. Its fun having somebody put like 8 bus lengths on you down the straight and then in the corner your nose is right up their ass again... They are always amazed... "well I only have to tap the brakes like 400ft later than you, so im in the power for an extra 400 feet, drop the anchor, and turn in... oh and my line through every corner shaves another 30-40 feet over your wide arcing cruise ship line"...

Thats why I track Miata's... Its far easier to extract all the potential performance of the car and be fast everywhere on track except the straights vs simply pushing the loud pedal down on something with 600hp and blowing everybody away on the straights. I have higher cornering speeds than quite a few of the 600hp wonders running around the track, thus have higher exit speeds and can carry my speed down the straight. Its fun having somebody put like 8 bus lengths on you down the straight and then in the corner your nose is right up their ass again... They are always amazed... "well I only have to tap the brakes like 400ft later than you, so im in the power for an extra 400 feet, drop the anchor, and turn in... oh and my line through every corner shaves another 30-40 feet over your wide arcing cruise ship line"...
can’t you do engine swaps or turbos to have the best of both worlds?

The demon has a liquid to air cooler and the ac lines go into the coolant reservoir for the intercooler. Yep. My sister works at Chryslers proving grounds. Even though they’re owned by foreigners they’re doing some pretty cool shit there
Even us down home rednecks use air/water intercooler systems chilled by the AC system.

To bad the Tesla looks like a Kia. not even close to a super car. Can that golf cart to a whole day of drag races then drive to Florida on a road trip and pull hotties on the beach? No.

If your track has a supercharger and you have a stock of spare tyres and your neck doesn't start killing you, then sure you could do a whole day of drag races with the Tesla, but if we are being real, you won't be doing a whole day of drag races with one of those supercars without spare tyres and probably a good mechanic, a support crew and a supply of race fuel at the track.

For a road trip, a Tesla would be way more comfortable to drive, and as a daily driver hands down better to drive.
As long as you don't mind 1 hour stops every 300 miles ish, road trips on major highways are pretty easy if you plan ahead.

If you actually are someone who goes to the tracks and really races and not just a couple drags, then by all means the supercar (if you can afford it, and afford to run it) will be excellent at actual track speeds and track racing. Remember you'll probably need $20k worth of tyres every 30 minutes to an hour.

For something you can drive daily, well Tesla hands down of course.
What the Tesla WON'T do however is the whole flash show off stuff and attract folks the way you would with a supercar.

BUT

Two of my good friends actually worked for the folks that have all those high end cars, because you have to have someone pretty much full time keeping them all up if you expect to be able to walk out to your hangar and pick out the flash car of the day and expect to get in and drive off.

Here is the actual hard dose of reality:

Those Supercars are NOT pussy magnets, they ARE dick magnets. If you want dick, yep have one of those, pull up and all the guys will be out front going crazy about it and if you like man flesh, well the buffet will be laid out for your pickings. All the hot young guys will want to go for a ride with you or talk to you about the car. Pick the one with the body you like, that understands you know the deal, and take him for a ride and by the time you get back to your place, and turn the car over to your garage manager, your date will be good and rock hard and ready to get started.

If however what you actually want is female flesh, then what you actually want is a Rolls Royce, a Bentley, a Maybach, or something similar. That's actually what gets the "willing" women in the mood and what they want to ride around in. And of course have a driver in uniform and white gloves driving it for you. Then you'll be good having all the pretty little whores wanting to jump in the back with you and do what you want, so they can post pictures to insta and snap and only, of themselves being all rich and successful in the vehicle. You won't even need to take them home, as you can have your "date" right there in the car complete with all they want to drink.

The other thing is most of the folks rich enough to own those supercars from money they made/stole/earned, have them driven or trucked by one of their employees to somewhere and then they drive them for a bit until they get tired of driving them, then they get picked up in something else and the vehicle is driven or trucked back to the hangar. There is a reason most of those supercars for sale have tiny amounts of mileage on them.

can’t you do engine swaps or turbos to have the best of both worlds?
im saving cash to do a K24A2 swap in my 01... 230ish WHP in an ~2k lb car. There are video's of K24 swapped Miata's on track running down and passing Porsche GT3RS's...LOL... I personally wont track a turbo miata. The packaging is to small its hard to keep everything cool and reliable. There are people that do it, but I personally wont. I want to build a maintenance free car basically... I mean within reason obviously for a track car. There was a guy at a track weekend we went to a few weeks ago with a turbo miata making like 350 to the wheels... the car was a MONSTER, but he couldnt keep a transmission in it and was about to spend like 10k+ doing some kind of sequential dog box something or other... I bet on track a K24 swapped Miata runs within a couple seconds of that guy for half the money...

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
im saving cash to do a K24A2 swap in my 01... 230ish WHP in an ~2k lb car. There are video's of K24 swapped Miata's on track running down and passing Porsche GT3RS's...LOL... I personally wont track a turbo miata. The packaging is to small its hard to keep everything cool and reliable. There are people that do it, but I personally wont. I want to build a maintenance free car basically... I mean within reason obviously for a track car. There was a guy at a track weekend we went to a few weeks ago with a turbo miata making like 350 to the wheels... the car was a MONSTER, but he couldnt keep a transmission in it and was about to spend like 10k+ doing some kind of sequential dog box something or other... I bet on track a K24 swapped Miata runs within a couple seconds of that guy for half the money...
Best thing you can do is put a Honda motor in a Mazda😜

Best thing you can do is put a Honda motor in a Mazda😜

The BP series motors in Mazda's are STOUT motors... Closed deck, iron block... but its HARD to make HP in them NA because the basic design was from the late 80's... So people put turbo's on them and then seem to run into massive cooling issues. The K24A2 is rated at 200hp stock, but once you throw a header, intake manifold, do a few other odds and ends to turn the motor "sideways" from its design, and tune it, you are at 220-230whp...NA... It would be INCREDIBLY hard and costly to get a BP motor to make that kind of power NA.

Here's the brakes im putting on my track car this winter... Rotors will be 11.75x1.25" basically "stock car" type rotors(factory rotors are like 10x.81"). Pads are massive 20mm thick pads(most pads are 12mm or less)...

Also converting to "manual" brakes with this booster delete and installing a manual proportioning valve.

If your track has a supercharger and you have a stock of spare tyres and your neck doesn't start killing you, then sure you could do a whole day of drag races with the Tesla, but if we are being real, you won't be doing a whole day of drag races with one of those supercars without spare tyres and probably a good mechanic, a support crew and a supply of race fuel at the track.

For a road trip, a Tesla would be way more comfortable to drive, and as a daily driver hands down better to drive.
As long as you don't mind 1 hour stops every 300 miles ish, road trips on major highways are pretty easy if you plan ahead.

If you actually are someone who goes to the tracks and really races and not just a couple drags, then by all means the supercar (if you can afford it, and afford to run it) will be excellent at actual track speeds and track racing. Remember you'll probably need $20k worth of tyres every 30 minutes to an hour.

For something you can drive daily, well Tesla hands down of course.
What the Tesla WON'T do however is the whole flash show off stuff and attract folks the way you would with a supercar.

BUT

Two of my good friends actually worked for the folks that have all those high end cars, because you have to have someone pretty much full time keeping them all up if you expect to be able to walk out to your hangar and pick out the flash car of the day and expect to get in and drive off.

Here is the actual hard dose of reality:

Those Supercars are NOT pussy magnets, they ARE dick magnets. If you want dick, yep have one of those, pull up and all the guys will be out front going crazy about it and if you like man flesh, well the buffet will be laid out for your pickings. All the hot young guys will want to go for a ride with you or talk to you about the car. Pick the one with the body you like, that understands you know the deal, and take him for a ride and by the time you get back to your place, and turn the car over to your garage manager, your date will be good and rock hard and ready to get started.

If however what you actually want is female flesh, then what you actually want is a Rolls Royce, a Bentley, a Maybach, or something similar. That's actually what gets the "willing" women in the mood and what they want to ride around in. And of course have a driver in uniform and white gloves driving it for you. Then you'll be good having all the pretty little whores wanting to jump in the back with you and do what you want, so they can post pictures to insta and snap and only, of themselves being all rich and successful in the vehicle. You won't even need to take them home, as you can have your "date" right there in the car complete with all they want to drink.

The other thing is most of the folks rich enough to own those supercars from money they made/stole/earned, have them driven or trucked by one of their employees to somewhere and then they drive them for a bit until they get tired of driving them, then they get picked up in something else and the vehicle is driven or trucked back to the hangar. There is a reason most of those supercars for sale have tiny amounts of mileage on them.
Dick magnets.... Lol. So true.

Dudes are into cars, dudes will chase you down and ask questions... bother you at the gas station, every traffic light. Rarely will a female do that.

Works for short sprints ie drag racing. But compressor clutches kick off at high RPM. Was wondering if and how that was delt with.
I run a 5-gallon reservoir, so the cold water the system generates - works well to help cool the charge air for a bit after the AC clutch cuts out at WOT. This system works for "spirited" street driving. You simply cannot keep the throttle pinned for very long and live to tell about it. Legally or otherwise. But you are correct. It is configured for more of a drag racing situation. While driving - it's always "making" cold water, but it's limited in duration at full throttle. As soon as you lift off the throttle, it begins cooling the system.

For actual drag racing at the track - I just dump a 20 lb. bag of ice into the reservoir and not run the AC. A full pass will turn the ice water into bath water in 10 seconds.