• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I Want To Rebarrel My Remi...

He Shoot Me

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
No. Cal.
Hi Guy's,

I'm interested in turning my 300wsm Varmint into a 7wsm so sometime down the road when I start reloading I will be able to use the VLD 180grn bullet.

It's my understanding that this can be done with just a barrel swap, because the 2 calibers have the same bolt face. I've done a little looking around and I'm beginning to think I should have a gunsmith do the swap for me, unless one of you guys know of a easy/uncomplicated way to do it. I have zero gunsmith experience, only removed/replaced a few stocks and mounted my own scopes.

If I can't figure-out how to do this myself.....(Don't even know the proper way, or which tools I'll need to remove the barrel
grin.gif
)....Can any of you recommend a competent gunsmith within a 100 miles of the Sacramento area?

Thanks,

-Pat

Re: I Want To Rebarrel My Remi...

C'mon guys,

69 views and no replies, where's the love?....baahaahaahaa!

At least a competent gunsmith if you don't want to get into re-barrel explanation.

Because noone else will tell you, you cant just swap barrels.
When you buy a barrel blank it is just that, A piece of stainless that has a hole through it that is rifled, So not only do you need a "gunsmith" but you need a gunsmith that threads and chambers barrels, and if you want you could getg him to true the action. It would probably be best to call Wnroscoe and get him to expalain it, He's right down the road from me and he is one of the best. Hope this clears up the "barrel changing process"

Thanks you guys!

LOL....It's pretty obvious I haven't a clue.....I've much to learn, always putting the cart ahead of the horse. Gotta just pull back on the reins and sloooow down a bit.

That's why I love this place, Ive learned more in 4 months than I have in a lifetime of being around guns. Thanks for the explanation SevenBat that has cleared things up quite a bit.

-Pat

Glad I could help, If there is anything else just PM me, Or get in touch with Roscoe