• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I want to take a hit out on fleas

Asm1

Night walker
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
RBC / Gadsden AL.
asm-holsters.com
I want the fleas dead ! I have a infestation in my house and I have had enough ! I am about to burn this mfr down and build another house . Local pest control Is just feeding them I think ? We have spent 3k over the last year and nothing has stopped them. We have two inside cats that never see the outside .

Wtf ? I will pay to kill these mother F. Just make it stop .!

Re: I want to take a hit out on fleas

Did you get rid of the animals that are bringing the fleas into your home?

Do they go outside where the fleas live? Fleas can hitch a ride on humans, but it's not their preferred mode of transportation.

The buggers have such a long life cycle (eggs/larvae/adults) that it can be VERY difficult to rid a house of them.

Job one is to stop bringing new ones in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they go outside where the fleas live? </div></div>

Never see The outside sence they arrived .

Edited my post - maybe you are the vector.

I feel your pain. I've been there, and it's a real nightmare.

The first house I bought had an infestation of fleas, it was awful even the pest control guys said he had never seen anything like it before. It took 4 months to kill them off, and that was even with the house being empty!

Good luck

Bug bomb the shit out of your house... gotta leave for a day or two and remove all animals... Due it repeatedly if they dont go away. Doesnt harm anything but your wallet due to the Holiday inn bill
laugh.gif

set a couple of flea traps around the house. you can leave them day and night and no harsh chemicals to affect your family. simply fill a small bowl or pan with a a mixture of soapy water or a sticky substance such as syrup and hang a small light about 6 inches above them pan. fleas are attracted to heat and light . at night it is really effective. they hop towards the heat/light source and fall into pan of liquid. if its sticky then there stuck. if its soapy then they fall in water and drown because of the soap sheen on the top of water. they cant come up for air. we use these around the barns to keep them under control. usually use burnt motor oil and a small fog lamp bulb. when the water looks like some small sprinkled black pepper all over it, then change it out. you can even use sticky mouse/rat trap mats under the lights. it really works and doesnt cost much at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IronMaidenFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe this will help.

http://www.richsoil.com/flea-control.jsp</div></div>
Did not know about the dirt but I have always been able to keep the fleas down with pet med called Comfortis and vacuuming at least two times a day. Make sure to empty the bag at least every other day also. This will fix it within a week or two and it's cheap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAC308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Death by fire.</div></div>

+1 on the fire... but it could be an oppertunity for some reactive precision shooting... shine a bright light on a white section of wall, and let 'er rip at the black dots. Fun for everyone!

I feel your pain. We by no means are unclean people or the like but can't get rid of the bastards. Same scenario no animals in or out. Lived in our house for 11 years with no fleas and now we are having an epic year long battle. Vacuum constantly and get a spray from vet office called Sinetrol. Its the only thing we have found that knocks them down for a while. I have also contemplated purification by fire!

I feel ya man. I hate those little bastards, constantly biting your ankles and they get everywhere. We had them for probably a good 4-6 months.

I'm not sure what actually got rid of them but we bug bombed the shit out of the house and constantly vacuumed too.

Good luck.

Maybe y'all should just learn to live peacefully in perfect harmony with our little friends that roam the household floors.
coexistIII.jpg

No flra issues here. The dog gets a monthly bath with a First Shield Trio follow up(same thing as Front Line). Each month we also sprinkle a generous amount(no liberal around here) of DE around the perimeter of the house, and also along the inner perimeter(no one really steps here anyway). No fleas here!

This is the ABSOLUTE best stuff to put ON the animals, doesn't solve hte problem but it is phenomenal.

REVOLUTION
http://www.1800petmeds.com/Revolution-prod10265.html

As for the house, last year my daughter brought her dog for the summer, a very flea infested dog...She wasn't when she left but initially....

So, get a VERY good vacuum - I have a hoover wind tunnel ($167 at costoc and beats a Kirby hands down) or get a Dyson.

Get some Hartz powder or 7 dust and put it down, come home and vacuum it up...stinks a bit but safer than a bomb..

For our critters (Three cats and two large dogs) we started using Comfortis as well. It's an oral med given to them once a month.

We had a pretty good grip using the three topical treatments: Frontline. Revolution or Adams (The less expensive and pretty effective of three!) but our Doberman started having allergic reaction to "ANY" flea bites and started attacking the itchy areas to the point of a bare patch where her tail meets her butt! Not pretty.

It took two months for the Comfortis to become effective but our critters have been doing great ever since.

As to the house, we always were pretty wary about poisons inside the home and only hit the spiders, rachas, etc. when needed. For the fleas, a good vacuuming regimen works wonders.

I've never had an out of control infestation though so perhaps fumigation is in order.

Good luck.

Enforcer flea killer.
This stuff works.

Stops the eggs hatching. Stops the development of larvae, kills adult fleas. Usually one or two applications of spray does it.

Hello,

Get rid of any carpet if that is an option. Buy some permethrin from Tractor Supply and mix according to the label. Isolate the cats from the areas you spray until spray is thoroughly dry. Permethrin is toxic to cats. It won't bother them once its dry.

I have a barn/workshop that was completely overrun by fleas. when you walked in there you could feel them jumping on your legs. The first time I noticed, I was working out there and felt like my back was itching. Asked the wife to check and my back was covered with fleas. Of course they got into the house and we have two indoor cats and a third that goes in and out. A couple of dogs outside as well.

Bought the permethrin and used it in barn and haven't seen a flea out there since (couple of years now). I have sprayed once since then as a "maintenance spray" so to speak. I sprayed around the yard and the dogs bedding areas as well as the dogs themselves (mixed accordingly its not toxic to dogs). Also sprayed some in the house, carpeted areas, floor mats around doors and such.

Vacuuming as mentioned helps and do it regularly and get rid of vacuum bag after each use. The vibration from the vacuum is supposed to cause flea eggs to hatch so you can kill them. It will take a little time to get the future generations of fleas.

Good luck,

Sim

Friend of mine with a vacuum that shampooed (Bissel? Rainbow?) used to put Malathion in the wash tank once in a while. Seriously put a damper on the flea population. We lived in the tropics, so it was damn hard to keep them down.
Fleas have a three-week cycle. If you kill ALL the adult fleas, three weeks later you have little fleas. Trick is to kill the vast majority of them often enough to break that three-week cycle.

1911fan

I'm having the same problem, only outside... Our house is fine, but the kids play in the yard and get ate up.

Here in Tampa, some people dump tobacco remnants on their lawns. Not sure where the idea came from originally but the cigar factories either give or sell bags of waste tobacco which smells pretty good and apparently is effective in killing, or at least driving the little bastards off!

+1 for the diatomaceous earth. That stuff works and no chemicals. If you use chemicals make sure they have an insect growth regulator in them, Bonide makes some flea sprays and bombs that contain them. The eggs and larvae are tough buggers and poison alone will usually kill only the adult fleas.

You've gotta kill them in your yard or you will keep bringing them in. Use a commercial flea spray on your carpet, spray every square inch. Mix Sevin Dust with Diatomaceous Earth and sprinkle it all around your yard, on your porch, etc. You can get a 25 lb. bag of Diatomaceous Earth from a pool supply store for less than $20. This worked for us. Killing all the feral cats that were a food source for the fleas probably also helped.

Make sure you are using a good flea treatment for your pets. Your pets are a magnet for fleas and your best source for killing the fleas.

http://www.pestproducts.com/igr.htm This type of product works! Use it with something that will kill now mixed in...Pyrethimine sp.? It stops the growth cycle so the eggs never grow up to adulthood...it doesnt work on adults which will die in a few days,no offspring.Spray inside and out ...sop the piss out of everything..they might have it at a co-op if you live rural...any product that says growth regulator...it ain't cheap..but it works..

I know a six year old that executes hits on gold fish... I can contact him to see if he covers fleas too. His method is real clean, under the guise of love and taking care of the animals, he feeds them continuously till the don't eat anymore...forever.

I would pull the carpet, and treat with chemicals as recommended above.

Biohazard suit, gas mask, and lots of seven dust. Really though seven dust will do it.

As others have said, you'll have to kill them in the yard or you'll have them in the house in no time. I'd put several rounds of killer in the yard and overlap into the neighbors yard too. Then vac the house out, furniture, beds wash all the linens and cloths, remove vent guards and vac the vents too, leave no stone unturned. Then bug bomb the shit out of the house. The day after you hiroshima the house with bug bombs have a STEAM cleaning of the house done. Steam cleaning should kill everything left over. make sure they do the furniture as well.