• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I want your broken stuff...

Domestique

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2009
Reading, Pa
I have to do a failure analysis project for school and we get to pick the item. I'm thinking some of you guys might have some pretty interesting broken stuff, but unfortunatley I can't pay you for it. I would prefer something metal (barrels, bases, rings, bolt handles, etc) that have broken either due to misuse or a defect. I will perform a full metallurgical analysis on it and you may have a copy of the report. Thanks!

Re: I want your broken stuff...

ill try to get you a sear from an over and under shotgun pm me

I got some eggs
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prbulldog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call LaRue tactical, I bet they have alot of stuff. </div></div>
WOW!!!!

I have a bolt from a 788 rifle, kinda beat up and has been glassbeaded. If your interested, shoot me a PM.

Call these folks. The Gun Store- Las Vegas
Tell them what you're doing.
From what I understand they go through more parts than most militaries....and they have an impressive collection of broken gun parts and are a wealth of information on what fails when on what guns.

I could send you an AR buffer tube with stripped threads.... Rock River failed to mention that they Loctite their castle nuts on their buffer tubes. So yeah, when I went to take it off to intstall a single point sling it stripped the threads. I sat around waiting till new parts got sent out. PM if this would be something you are looking for.