• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I wanted to reply to the thread about preventing baffle strikes

maker

Private
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2023
USA
but it says I have to log in first. However, i'm already logged in? anyway, my suggestion was to use a 22lr conversion unit if one is available, or a .32ACP/38 chamber device, or a "cat's sneeze" reload, so that a baffle or end cap strike would not be so harmful to the can.

I wanted to edit this post, so as to add using 22 CB cap ammo in the 22 unit, but the edit only shows the subject/title thread?

1695067823489.gif

seems pretty simple and straightforward to me. That topic thread woulnd't let me post and this one wont let me edit.

but it says I have to log in first. However, i'm already logged in? anyway, my suggestion was to use a 22lr conversion unit if one is available, or a .32ACP/38 chamber device, or a "cat's sneeze" reload, so that a baffle or end cap strike would not be so harmful to the can.

I'll have to admit that in all of my years of being around firearms this has never occurred to me.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Just to confirm, maker, you joined today and your first posts concern your homemade suppressors? You are a Type 07 manufacturer?

Reactions: FuhQ and msgriff
Perfect way to lose a new member is to NOT make him welcome.
Welcome Maker.

• Haha
Reactions: Krob95
What in the fuckin Fuddlore is this shit...

"How about you send a bigger and heavier chunk of lead that's only going 1,050 FPS through it instead of 2,500 FPS when you KNOW that you're already getting baffles strikes... Then It'll "be less harmful to your can"... 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

Or you could just buy a damn alignment rod like an intelligent human being and check your shit first, and know if it's going to impact your baffles or end cap before ever firing a single shot... 🥴

Is Mr. Maker gone already? Perhaps he felt unwelcome when I inquired if his suppressors were manufactured legally. I apologize, that was perhaps an unkind welcome to a new member.

Is Mr. Maker gone already? Perhaps he felt unwelcome when I inquired if his suppressors were manufactured legally. I apologize, that was perhaps an unkind welcome to a new member.
They were obviously made LEGALLY for one of two reasons: 1) he applied for a stamp before he made the Can; or B) he hasn't been caught yet. It can only be illegal if you get caught, right?

I just wrap the baffle tube with copper screen wire, filling up the sleeve area. Those filaments do a lot towards reducing the heat and pressure of those gases. By the time they can bounce off of the front of the can and go back over the screen, to follow the other gases out of the baffle stack, they' have lost a lot of their blast and heat.
When you hold shut the bolt and fire straight up, so that there's no port noise, impact noise, or sonic crack, it sounds like a subsonic pellet rifle. That's real suppression, but the industry doesn't want to be bothered getting it.
63E1711F-CA69-401F-BB89-E2950C905B77.jpeg

They were obviously made LEGALLY for one of two reasons: 1) he applied for a stamp before he made the Can; or B) he hasn't been caught yet. It can only be illegal if you get caught, right?
honestly why do we give a fuck?

Y’all check peoples stamps at the range too?

honestly why do we give a fuck?

Y’all check peoples stamps at the range too?
Well, I think some of the concern is that there has been somewhat of a rash of new members recently seeming to start conversations concerning illegal activities. I have thought the whole "glowie" thing has been a little overdone and somewhat tiresome, but it is slightly suspicious that a brand new member, on the same day he joined, begins to talk about his homemade suppressor on his fourth post.

Well, I think some of the concern is that there has been somewhat of a rash of new members recently seeming to start conversations concerning illegal activities. I have thought the whole "glowie" thing has been a little overdone and somewhat tiresome, but it is slightly suspicious that a brand new member, on the same day he joined, begins to talk about his homemade suppressor on his fourth post.
Anybody with a lathe can legally make a f1 without an SOT. They still get approved all the time. OP has said nothing to imply illegal activity.

As for glowie, yeah maybe he’s just fishing for someone to buy a bait can from him in pm though

Last edited: