• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I was robbed 14 guns and NFA

tuckerrnr1

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2011
Sorry this is one of my first post here but I need to get the word out.

List of firearms.

List of firearms stolen 09/27/2012

Vector V51 pistol SN# B1572

.308 Win, black 8” barrel no modifications.

Also stolen was a butt stock purchased before manufacturer went out of business to convert rifle to registered short barreled rifle pending application of form1

FNH SPR rifle SN# FN17128

.308 Win. Bolt action rifle. Black. Heavy fluted 20” barrel, McMillan A3 stock Modifications: CDI Precision bottom metal magazine conversion, EGW bolt handle, Accu-shot rear monopod, Accu-shot front bi-pod rail base, threaded barrel, Blackhawk cheek pad, Harris bi-pod, Pod-lock, Roto-pod quick attach base, Leupold MK4 8.5X25X50 LRT/TMR, A.R.M.S. rings, Flatline Ops Accu/level 30mm, Flatline Ops strongarm, Flatline Ops ADI, Yankee Hill Machine Phantom Flashhider

LMT registered SBR 5.56 rifle SN# LMT34025 NFA

5.56 NATO, black, registered 10.5” short barreled rifle. Modifications: PRI Gen III Carbon fiber delta forearm, Yankee Hill Machine folding sight front gas block, AAC blackout flash hider/silencer mount, Aimpoint Comp4S red dot, Bobro mount for optic, Magpul trigger guard, Magpul ACS-L stock, B.A.D. ambi safety, KNS Gen I antiwalk pins, Norgon ambi magazine release, Tango Down grip, A.R.M.S. 40L rear sight.

AAC M4-2000 silencer SN# M5047 NFA

5.56 NATO black

YHM .308silencer SN# Y10533 NFA

.30 caliber black

Sig Sauer P226 Navy sn# NSW0371

9MM, black no modifications

Sig Sauer P229 sn# AC13086

.357 Sig, black, night sights short trigger, short reset trigger

Walther P22 sn# L034733

.22lr, black, Yankee Hill Machine threaded barrel adapter

Taurus PT92 sn# TAM87913

9mm, black, Gem Tech threaded barrel, Streamlight TLR1 light

Bobcat BW5 rifle sn# AAC148

9mm, black, HK MP5 rifle clone, with permanently attached fake silencer, no modifications.

DPMS assembled lower sn# P085127?

Magpul trigger guard, Custom 4 position collapsible stock and buffer/tube assembly, B.A.D. ambi safety, KNS Gen II antiwalk pins, Norgon ambi magazine release, Tango Down grip.

Also stolen was an assembled upper stored in a locked Pelican case that was built for this lower assembly once the form1 was approved.

Upper receiver components: A3 upper receiver, custom carbon fiber forearm, AAC Blackout flash hider, A.R.M.S. 40L rear sight, Knights Armament Micro front sight, 6.5” barrel with low profile gas block, Aimpoint micro T1 red dot optic, A.R.M.S. throw lever mount for optic, bolt carrier group.

Keltec P3AT pistol Sn# J7TG5

.380 ACP, Black, right hand pocket clip installed Rust on slide

Remington 870 Police Magnum Sn# W514802M

12 gauge, parkerized and black. Modifications: Speedfeed pistol grip stock and forearm, Vang Comp 18.5” ported barrel, Vang Comp safety, Vang Comp two round extension, Vang Comp stainless steel follower, Mesa Tactical 6 shot side saddle, Mesa Tactical barrel clamp with rail, Streamlight LR1 light, sling, Remington front sling mount.

Remington 870 Wingmaster Sn# 1031194V

12 gauge, parkerized and black. Modifications: Speedfeed straight stock and forearm, 18.5” barrel, Vang Comp safety, Wilson Combat one round extension, Vang Comp stainless steel follower, Mesa Tactical 6 shot side saddle, sling, GG&G rear single point sling mount.

Beretta 84 Cheetah pistol Sn# H13627Y

.380 ACP, black no modifications.

S8000296.jpg

S8000292.jpg

S8000293.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Re: I was robbed 14 guns and NFA

That is one HELL of a first post. Great place to put the info out to though considering the quality of those weapon systems.

What state/city did this happen in?

Been lurking here a while just learning.

Jupiter, Florida

I hate thieves. Sorry man, hope you recover your stuff. Heart breaking, made me want to cry reading that.

Yes all were in safe. As fate would have it I forgot to lock safe that day. We were one of four houses hit in a three block area. All of wifes jewewlry, they took pillow cases off bed and just dumped the drawers from the safe. My childrens baby teeth and even the hair from their first hair cuts are now gone.

Sorry to hear this, will keep a look out. I think i'm going to go buy a safe today.

Sorry to hear that.

Was your bolt gun wearing the Leupold in the description, or the Trijicon in the picture ?

The trijicon is probably very rare. If they decide to sell that combination, that would be easier to find. Maybe you should search for that online occasionally. It might show up.

It's good you have a clear description of items. Someone like the FBI (if they do this kind of thing) could really help find the thief.

What is your area? State and locality?

You should probably print a list and give it to all the local gunstores. They may be of help.

Thieves will want to sell items.

I am sorry for your loss and I hope you nail the assholes that did this, I say this with all sincerity.

Now I am gonna be a dick:
Did you learn anything? I will give you a hint.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XUSDg7NSODw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XUSDg7NSODw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to hear that.

Was your bolt gun wearing the Leupold in the description, or the Trijicon in the picture ?

The trijicon is probably very rare. If they decide to sell that combination, that would be easier to find. Maybe you should search for that online occasionally. It might show up.

It's good you have a clear description of items. Someone like the FBI (if they do this kind of thing) could really help find the thief.

What is your area? State and locality?

You should probably print a list and give it to all the local gunstores. They may be of help.

Thieves will want to sell items. </div></div>

Contacting all of the pawn stores around town as well is a good idea. Get as many places as far out as you can notified of the list, they deal with stolen goods all the time and will alert the police if they're even suspicious about an item, if you've given them pictures and descriptions, it will be invaluable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, what state are you in? </div></div>

I've been guilty of not reading the previous posts myself and making comments. I do not however ask a question until I have read the previous posts.

Asked and answered. Jupiter, Florida.

Sorry for your loss and hope that all or most are recovered. Good idea on spreading the word. Good advice in previous posts about contacting local pawn and gun shops!

Oh man I can't even imagine how that feels just reading it and it's upsetting me.

I hope that your stuff is recovered and the people that done this are brought to justice.

Whether you left the safe unlocked or not is not the issue you should be able to leave you stuff at home without it being stolen.

There was a case in Texas recently where a member of this forum and at least one other I am a member of, posted his info, as the OP has, and a pretty good network of decent folks helped the victim in that thread get his property back.

Perhaps there are some who remember that thread. I'll look for it as well.

I recall the thief was a ex boyfriend of the owner's daughter.

I'd look into people who were familiar with the neighborhood such as landscaping outfits, Pool services, cable/satellite installation crews in addition to the usual scumbags.

Good luck.

Damn, that really sucks. Hope they are able to track down the guys and you can get most of your stuff back.

Call your local pawn shops! One phone call recovered $5000 worth of hunting gear and lead to four arrests. Even if you think it's a waste of time do it. Thieves are stupid.

HO-LY BALLS.......i was sitting here with my jaw completely dropped when I was reading your list. the NFA stuff is a bummer, sorry to hear that. Hope you get your stuff back.

I'm assuming you've provided all the item descriptions and serial numbers to law enforcement? Ensure that they're all entered into GCIC as stolen firearms.

Yes law enforcementdid a print and DNA profile of my whole home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, what state are you in? </div></div>

I've been guilty of not reading the previous posts myself and making comments. I do not however ask a question until I have read the previous posts.

Asked and answered. Jupiter, Florida.

Sorry for your loss and hope that all or most are recovered. Good idea on spreading the word. Good advice in previous posts about contacting local pawn and gun shops!</div></div>

posted and read from a phone. even on my PC i had to read the posts a few times just to find it.

Hey man, sorry to hear that. Although it was nothing compared to your loss, my house was broken into about a year and a half ago. They got a rifle that I had left out of the safe. The deputy that came to my house told me that pawn shops have to send in a list of firearms that they have bought regularly and there is an officer thats job is to comb the lists for stolen firearms. I'm not sure how often they would send in the lest or if its really even true but if it is then that should cover the pawn shops..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Robbed or burglarized? big diffrence? </div></div>

Burglarized, but that only makes a difference to officer taking the report for statisticial purposes. Almost every non-policeman uses the term "Robbed" when their possessions are stolen.

Sorry for your lost, make sure the PD has the serials, they will most likely turn up in the pawn shops.

This is being recorded as armed robbery according to the sheriffs office.

I am in the firearms industry as a firearms manager for Gander Mountain and have been in the field for over thirty years. I contacted my local ATF agent that night as things were unfolding and every range, gunstore and pawnshop in 200 miles has this list.

Oh my god. Just reading your list of guns ad knowing some scumbags have them hurts my heart. I'm very sorry to hear, and I hope they recover your guns.

Sorry to hear it Man. I'll keep an eye out at the local gun shows here on the W coast.

crap...that sucks

did you have insurance to cover your loss?

how were they stolen?

With that kind of list, I'd say that there is a good chance you'll get some of it back.

Hopefully they try walking into a pawn shop with the cans attached. I've got a TRG 42 in .338 with a Mark 4 and Bors out there somewhere. Left it in the truck due to rain and it was gone in the morning. Lesson learned: lock your shit up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DSaintSing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The deputy that came to my house told me that pawn shops have to send in a list of firearms that they have bought regularly and there is an officer thats job is to comb the lists for stolen firearms. I'm not sure how often they would send in the lest or if its really even true but if it is then that should cover the pawn shops..</div></div>

Pretty common, apparently. We have this in our county as well. Its not mandatory by state law, but either a county or city ordinance that has passed requires pawn shops in my county to provide item descriptions of anything with a serial number to law enforcement. They've got some computer program that links the pawn shop computers to the county "Pawn Unit" and everything taken in by the pawn shop gets sent over electronically with very little effort by the pawn shop. Being skeptical of LE's version of how "simple" this is, I asked some pawn shop owners about it and they related that it really was quite effortless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a case in Texas recently where a member of this forum and at least one other I am a member of, posted his info, as the OP has, and a pretty good network of decent folks helped the victim in that thread get his property back.

I'd look into people who were familiar with the neighborhood such as landscaping outfits, Pool services, cable/satellite installation crews in addition to the usual scumbags.

Good luck. </div></div>

Yes, it was Stacyp that had his bolt gun stolen from by daughter's ex-boyfriend & recovered.

I would hope that between 4 houses hit, one of the items will get recovered to the point of leading to the thieves. To the OP, so sorry about this. Makes me sick, I really hope you get those items back; damn sweet collection. We will all keep our eyes & ears open for those - given the rarity of some of those items that should raise suspicions, you did right by posting here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a case in Texas recently where a member of this forum and at least one other I am a member of, posted his info, as the OP has, and a pretty good network of decent folks helped the victim in that thread get his property back.

Good luck. </div></div>

Yes, it was Stacyp that had his bolt gun stolen from by daughter's ex-boyfriend & recovered.

I would hope that between 4 houses hit, one of the items will get recovered to the point of leading to the thieves. To the OP, so sorry about this. Makes me sick, I really hope you get those items back; damn sweet collection. We will all keep our eyes & ears open for those - given the rarity of some of those items that should raise suspicions, you did right by posting here.</div></div>
Most likely pro's. Staked the place out and they were in and out in minutes. It is a little late but time for a good video system with the phone app. As other say sorry to hear about this. Hope Kharma f's them in the A'

I feel your pain. I had 4 guns stolen along with close to $30,000 worth of other shit when my house was broken into last year. They caught all 3 a few days later and only charged 1 of them. It was a heroin addict named John Mills from Fowlerville, Mi. He got 3 years and only ordered to pay me back $1000. The police said he sold everything to pawn shops and used money to buy drugs but made no attempt to recover my guns from the pawn shop that bought them. Good luck, hope they catch and hang them bastards.

Really hope that you can get some closure on this, if you are diligent, at least some of the stuff should show up.

Nanny cams, everyone should be using these!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tuckerrnr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been lurking here a while just learning.

Jupiter, Florida</div></div>

If you haven't already, post a note in the Florida Hometown forum on AR15.com.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yakface</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The police said he sold everything to pawn shops and used money to buy drugs but made no attempt to recover my guns from the pawn shop that bought them. Good luck, hope they catch and hang them bastards. </div></div>

I don't understand. How is it that they can not find these? Don't they have to fill out the proper FFL forms for purchase and sale? Would there not be a paper trail that leads straight to your guns?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yakface</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The police said he sold everything to pawn shops and used money to buy drugs but made no attempt to recover my guns from the pawn shop that bought them. Good luck, hope they catch and hang them bastards. </div></div>

I don't understand. How is it that they can not find these? Don't they have to fill out the proper FFL forms for purchase and sale? Would there not be a paper trail that leads straight to your guns? </div></div>

Good question!

My understanding is that the pawn industry, at least here in Florida, is pretty well connected and one's stolen property, when found in a pawn shop, must be either taken by law enforcement in order for the rightful owner to recover it or it must be bought from the pawn shop.

My former brother in law, a Tampa Cop, was emphatic about the necessity of putting ID markings on all valuables for the purpose of proving that any stolen items in the possession a pawn shop could be recovered with out having to pay for them.

damn, brother, sorry about your losses. I was just thinking about upgrading my safe, this stuff only serves to solidify my decision.

Food for thought:
You did a great job recording all your serials. I email myself a serials record document updated with any new electronics / serialed property valuefd over $50. I also use a permanant UV marker and inital dvds (inside the sleeves) / electronics / cases /Etc. The markings are invisible without a blacklight. Items I plan on Never selling are engraved. And most importantly the safe is HIDDEN. In a fake bookshelf / behind a fake wall / hidden under carpet / secret basement access under a rug / behind a picture / compartment in the side of a coffe table. These are investments worth as much if not more than your safe. "if they cant see it they probably wont steal it". In which case if you had forgotten to lock your safe (shame on you) it would have been at least hidden. game cams, nanny cams, alarms, cctv dont hurt either.

Being a victim of the same stuff you just had happen, I feel your pain. Hopefully the shitbags get caught. I got less than half of my inventory back, never seen the rest. One of my favorites was used in a murder so I'm sure that one got chopped up by a torch.

I used to be bad about leaving my safe "open" as you did, I made myself start locking it, even if I'm in the same room. It sucks having to go into it several times a day but I know it is locked and safe if I need to leave quick.

Just remember, what goes around, comes around..

If you havent yet, post em up on thehighroad.org as well.. just another large base for distrobution of the list.

I guess there is more than a few shady pawn shops in Detroit that don't mind buying stolen guns and selling them on the streets. So there probably is a gangbanger walking around with my HK and Colt. I just hope they get caught with it. Not sure why no effort was made to recover them though. I asked and got a big long answer that didn't really answer the question.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yakface</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The police said he sold everything to pawn shops and used money to buy drugs but made no attempt to recover my guns from the pawn shop that bought them. Good luck, hope they catch and hang them bastards. </div></div>

I don't understand. How is it that they can not find these? Don't they have to fill out the proper FFL forms for purchase and sale? Would there not be a paper trail that leads straight to your guns? </div></div>

Good question!

My understanding is that the pawn industry, at least here in Florida, is pretty well connected and one's stolen property, when found in a pawn shop, must be either taken by law enforcement in order for the rightful owner to recover it or it must be bought from the pawn shop.

My former brother in law, a Tampa Cop, was emphatic about the necessity of putting ID markings on all valuables for the purpose of proving that any stolen items in the possession a pawn shop could be recovered with out having to pay for them. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yakface</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The police said he sold everything to pawn shops and used money to buy drugs but made no attempt to recover my guns from the pawn shop that bought them. Good luck, hope they catch and hang them bastards. </div></div>

Well it would depend on the intent , I had 4 Bulletproof vests with SAPI plates and soft armor in all of them ,plus well over 50 loaded 20rd AR Mags (M855) , several high dollar survival knives and cases of other ammo stolen ....I can bet some gang on the South Side of San Antonio is now in possesion of these items as my ex-son in law was the culprit and these guys are his Bro's & "family " we have with local authorities put word out to every pawn shop and gun dealer for several months now and not even a nibble ..Luckily the stuipid bastard didn't get in the safe !

I really Hope you have better luck with your stuff

I saw this bolo on my dept's bulletin. I was in shock when I saw it. I'm in a neighboring jurisdiction and I'll be on the lookout for you.

hope you get it back.

We had several guns stolen when I was about 15. My dad had them in the ol' glass front display case.(gun safe) lol. anyway, the police came out, did the report and left. While they were doing the report, I asked if they could get finger prints off of the glass because there were prints all over the glass. My mom is a clean freak and that was one of her buttons,finger prints on glass erked her. The dipshit deputy said they only pull prints if someone would have been killed during it. I found out who was in on the theft thru school and bragging, so called friends. The police did nothing and we have never seen the guns to this day, I am now 39. Hopefully for the OP times have changed and you get your goods back and people do time. I know its a long way from where you live to my AO but I will make a copy of your list and check around when im in gun shops and pawns around here. All i do lately is gun and pawn shops cause I had back surgery and cant go back to work yet. You never know..... stranger things have happened. Sorry and good luck. T