• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I will not buy Bushnell again

EMCA

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2020
Well guys.
In March 2021 I opened a post regarding a parallax problem with a Bushnell elite tactical 6-24x50 with a lifetime warranty
The distributor in Spain (Borchers), only offered me to buy a scope with a 20% discount.
That's not the guarantee I was hoping for.
Upon reading the post, he contacted me Dan (Bushnell) and we talked.
He asked me for all the emails that he had exchanged with the distributor and those that I sent to Bushnell.
I sent him all that I had, referring to my problem.
He told me that we would talk in September 2021, since there was no stock of this riflescope.
We are at the end of March 2022 and no one has contacted me.
I have emailed Bushnell, Dan, private messages through the forum, etc and have not gotten any response.

At this point, I don't care about the riflescope.
I don't want to know anything else
I just want to say that I will not buy anything related to the Bushnell brand again, due to the poor warranty and poor customer service, both from Bushnell and from the distributor in Spain Borchers.
There will be people who have good experience with this brand, but this is mine.
Googling, there are quite a few people who are very unhappy with Bushnell, so I'm not the only one.
I hope that many people read this and spend their money on brands that have the warranty and customer service expected

I have always received the warranty I expected from Bushnell. Granted I don't ask distributors or people I have to e-mail. I go to their warranty page, start an RMA and send them the scope. They aren't going to do shit for you while the scope is still in your possession and no repair order has been started. They have a warranty process, you aren't following it.

I have always received the warranty I expected from Bushnell. Granted I don't ask distributors or people I have to e-mail. I go to their warranty page, start an RMA and send them the scope. They aren't going to do shit for you while the scope is still in your possession and no repair order has been started. They have a warranty process, you aren't following it.
I have never worked with Bushnell, but shouldn’t that have been brought up during communications with them?

Seems pretty simple to send the OP a link to that info.

I have never worked with Bushnell, but shouldn’t that have been brought up during communications with them?

Seems pretty simple to send the OP a link to that info.
Are you some how aware of what exactly was sent to him? A simple internet search brings up the warranty page. Seems pretty simple to do a web search for Bushnell Warranty....

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
As someone else who is not in the US I feel your pain.

Unfortunately it seems warranty outside on the US is severely lacking for most US companies.
You are at the mercy of the distributor who probably doesn't give a shit about your problem.

If you lived in the US you could just call the company and get a quick response.
Your best bet is to try directly contact someone in the company hope they care enough about your issue (this thread will probably help with that).

Going back about 5 years I had an issue with Burris and just could not get in touch with them via email, eventually had to phone them up (which cost a fortune) and had it fixed rather quickly.
Seems like with many companies Facebook messages is actually the easiest way to get in touch if phoning isn't an option.

I was wrong. Bushnell warranty is for Canada, and the United States only. Warranty in Europe is different and handled by the European distributor listed in the O.P.
Correct. Before starting a post on the forum, in March 2021, I was talking to the distributor in Spain and nothing was resolved.
At the beginning of the post, Dan (busnell worker), spoke to me privately and said that he would solve my problem in September, since there was no Bushnell elite in stock and in September there would be.
Like I said, I've written a bunch of emails and private messages to Bushnell, Dan, the rcbs team on the forum and they haven't responded.

I have more Bushnell riflescopes and they seem good to me, but the warranty and customer service are terrible, at least outside the USA.

Last year the reticle of a sightron s3 8-32x56 was moved.
Send an email to sightron. Within a few hours they answered me, they asked me some questions and I sent the riflescope to the USA directly.
In 1 month I had it at home, in perfect condition.
I didn't even have to talk to the store I bought it from or the dealer.

As someone else who is not in the US I feel your pain.

Unfortunately it seems warranty outside on the US is severely lacking for most US companies.
You are at the mercy of the distributor who probably doesn't give a shit about your problem.

If you lived in the US you could just call the company and get a quick response.
Your best bet is to try directly contact someone in the company hope they care enough about your issue (this thread will probably help with that).

Going back about 5 years I had an issue with Burris and just could not get in touch with them via email, eventually had to phone them up (which cost a fortune) and had it fixed rather quickly.
Seems like with many companies Facebook messages is actually the easiest way to get in touch if phoning isn't an option.
Thank you.
I will try to call by phone or contact by facebook

Correct. Before starting a post on the forum, in March 2021, I was talking to the distributor in Spain and nothing was resolved.
At the beginning of the post, Dan (busnell worker), spoke to me privately and said that he would solve my problem in September, since there was no Bushnell elite in stock and in September there would be.
Like I said, I've written a bunch of emails and private messages to Bushnell, Dan, the rcbs team on the forum and they haven't responded.

I have more Bushnell riflescopes and they seem good to me, but the warranty and customer service are terrible, at least outside the USA.

Last year the reticle of a sightron s3 8-32x56 was moved.
Send an email to sightron. Within a few hours they answered me, they asked me some questions and I sent the riflescope to the USA directly.
In 1 month I had it at home, in perfect condition.
I didn't even have to talk to the store I bought it from or the dealer.
Seems like the people you spoke with privately need to follow up/ through and resolve the issue even if it means sending you a scope of equal or greater! To let this drag on for months and then ghost the guy is not how business should be handled.

If I'm not mistaken, Dan no longer works for the Bushnell elite line. I had the same problem last year. I did manage to get my XRS3, but they really pissed me off and I was without a scope on my main comp rig for over 5 months. Still shooting my XRS3, but I'm not happy about it.

Mail it to a friend in the U.S. and let them send it in for warranty?
Except maybe Europe is like Australia.
Rifle scopes are ITAR export restricted out of USA - so if I send a scope to the US from Aus a mate can't send it back.
Otherwise we'd all be buying scopes, etc out of the US for half what we pay Down Under.

Reactions: tmcgowan1911
Except maybe Europe is like Australia.
Rifle scopes are ITAR export restricted out of USA - so if I send a scope to the US from Aus a mate can't send it back.
Otherwise we'd all be buying scopes, etc out of the US for half what we pay Down Under.
Most scopes aren't ITAR restricted but it is such an unclear mess many companies aren't willing to ship.

The companies that will ship are often bound by agreements from the manufacturers. The Australian Vortex importer is especially un-happy about grey imports to Australian/NZ and has caused many issues in NZ over grey imports and warranty claims.

If I'm not mistaken, Dan no longer works for the Bushnell elite line. I had the same problem last year. I did manage to get my XRS3, but they really pissed me off and I was without a scope on my main comp rig for over 5 months. Still shooting my XRS3, but I'm not happy about it.
I’m sure someone replaced Dan In some capacity. I know being in Europe complicates this some, this kind of stuff is how you lose customers and the ones that have good customer service keep them!

Hello,

This is Brian - I am the new CS supervisor. Dan did leave the company in November. I apologize for the drop in communication, we are now finding posts to continue following up with. This is going to be the new Official Bushnell account to interact with.
@EMCA - I will send you a message to pick up where Dan left off.

Thanks,
Bushnell

I too have always received what I considered good customer service from Bushnell and have need treated fairly even when an 'issue' was my fault. Granted they are not Vortex but you get what you bought

Hello,

This is Brian - I am the new CS supervisor. Dan did leave the company in November. I apologize for the drop in communication, we are now finding posts to continue following up with. This is going to be the new Official Bushnell account to interact with.
@EMCA - I will send you a message to pick up where Dan left off.

Thanks,
Bushnell
I have already replied
Thank you

Dan did leave the company in November.

@EMCA I know it can be frustrating but people leave jobs. It's a fact of life and something you should have thought about before taking a crap on Bushnell.

You might want to either delete the thread or at least edit the title, to be fair.

At no time have I said anything bad towards Dan.
If you read my other post, I have only spoken well of him.
I have spent more than 1 year to solve this problem and I think I have had enough patience.
As I have said in previous messages, with other brands, this would have been solved quite quickly.
If everything is solved, I will be the first to say it in this post.

Good morning.
Thanks to Bushnell USA, the importer in Spain (borchers), has sent me a new Bushnell Elite tactical xrs3.
Thank Bushnell USA for the riflescope, although I think they should work on the issue of guarantees outside the USA.
I don't know, if I hadn't exposed my case in the forums, maybe this wouldn't have been resolved.
In the end, you pay for a product and everything associated with it, such as the guarantee, which is quite important.
I'm left with the good of this whole topic.
Everything is resolved satisfactorily.
The riflescope is wonderful

Last edited:
Good morning.
Thanks to Bushnell USA, the importer in Spain (borchers), has sent me a new Bushnell Elite tactical xrs3.
Thank Bushnell USA for the riflescope, although I think they should work on the issue of guarantees outside the USA.
I don't know, if I hadn't exposed my case in the forums, maybe this wouldn't have been resolved.
In the end, you pay for a product and everything associated with it, such as the guarantee, which is quite important.
I'm left with the good of this whole topic.
Everything is resolved satisfactorily.
The riflescope is wonderful
Yeah , it's hard sometimes. I don't own a Bushnell scope but, I haven't heard anything much bad about the scopes or the warranty. A friend of mine swears by Bushnell & he's had a couple warranty issue here in Australia & been happy with the result. Shit happens but, they seem to do the right thing.
Good to see you have it resolved & I hope you get a shitload of good times through your scope.