• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater I'd forgotten what a great movie Serenity was.

Gavin S.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2010
Kentucky
I was browsing Netflix tonight and saw that it was available for streaming. It's a space-western based on the show Firefly and it really is an awesome movie. I recommend it highly.

Re: I'd forgotten what a great movie Serenity was.

I never watched the series but I think I'll catch up with it now.

Serenity and Firefly are indeed great. Proud to say the DVDs sit amongst many of SciFi goodies in the DVD cabinet.

Summer Glau plays the part well. Nathan FIllion does a good job at reminding me of Han Solo
smile.gif

Ya know, everybody says that, and my wife and I tried 3 times to get started on the DVD series (from the beginning) but we couldn't stand that lead guy. He's a worse wooden Indian than all the other classic Hollywood pretty boys--Lee Majors, Tab Hunter, John Agar, Cameron Mitchell, Deforest Kelly... ain't a one of 'em can act worth a fiddler's damn. And folks'll argue, "no.. you're wrong! He's a real good actor." Ya wonder what they each got for blackmail goods that keeps them in clover. Hell, Steven Wright couldn't deadpan like that lead guy could.

Firefly is back on cable as of last evening.

I own the series and the movie on dvd, and I think the entire ensemble cast is outstancing.

Been catching Summer Glau in <span style="font-style: italic">The Cape</span> lately. Interesting.

IDK, SyFy is getting like the rest of TV.

Goofy 'reality', overcharged paranormal imagination Blair Witch bad imitations, and wrestling. Yes, I said wrestling.

Pure crap reigns while stuff like <span style="font-style: italic">Firefly</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">Defying Gravity</span> runs in the drains. Will somebody <span style="font-style: italic">please</span> pass the strychnine?

I liked the movie too, never seen any of the TV shows but will keep my eye out for it

Very good movie. Saw it last week.

I got hooked on the series when it was out, the movie was even better. I wish it was still on, apparently Joss Whedon almost got it running again. Last I heard it's dead for good.

Yeh Greg SyFy has gone to shit!

Wrestling? WTF

Even Stargate Universe has been canned!

Oh and they didnt even aire the last couple of episodes of Caprica!

They should changed their name because SyFy does not fit well at all.

Yes they did. It was a <span style="font-style: italic">Caprica</span> marathon on a Monday night. Just get it on the air and close the book.

Rumor has it that the entire cast has said that they'd be very interested in bringing it back. Man, I can only hope so! My favorite series by far for sci-fi.

+1 for Firefly & Serenity
I just saw a new Stargate Universe last night

Firefly is an all time classic. Every time I watch an episode, I wish they had seen it through. Lots of unanswered, and interesting, questions that we'll never get to have fun seeing. Serenity was great, too. But the series was just perfect.

Yeah, I liked it to.
I miss the older Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis, good shows that were well done.
I especially liked the personalities that Richard Dean Anderson and Micheal Shanks added to the SG1 shows. The quick witted humor was just added at the right time in the shows and would just make a person laugh.
I agree on Scifi channel going to crap.
I don't want to watch wrestling
I don't want to watch ghost hunts in old hotels.
.....SmokeRolls

yeah, I got into the new Battlestar Galactica and just kinda lost interest after having to wait so long for new episodes. Syfy must have production difficulties or maybe they just ran out of money...