• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ID this scope mount please????

sawman556

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2012
Bucks County, PA USA
:) pretty please!!!

Kahles-K-15i-a.jpg

never mind sorry ,I thought you wanted the scope ID

Last edited:
The machining on the rings sure look like Alamo mounts, but the base is different. Not quite sure. I've seen some VTAC branded IOR Valdada mounts that look similar as well. Wish you could see the other side.... Stumped on this one.

MAKmilmont Monoblockmontage. Looks like they go for 375 Euros.

30 or 34mm. 0 or 20moa. 1.49" center-line to rail. Google image and google translate are awesome.

That is correct, and just to add one thing of value, these and all other tactical rings that MAK/recknagel make are truly great, I have some 34 mm rings and I belive two rails from there production, all great. /Chris

Looks like a nice mount but I don't have any euros. Is it available in the US???

I'd really like get one of Jon Addland's mounts but I need the extra extension since I shoot NTCH. ADM Recon X's work well for me but I'm looking for a non-qd mount. I will not buy Larue so that's not an option.

Thoughts???

Also the Nightforce unimount and DNZ freedom reaper are similar but more expensive than that vortex mount.

I'm still trying to figure out what 1-4x/1-6x scope I want to use on my latest build. I've owned the SWFA 1-6x and PST 1-4x, sold both. Hopefully whatever I end up getting has a 30mm tube but at this point I have no idea what it's going to be. Trying to figure out what scope to run is turning my brain to mush. Any ideas? I was looking at the Kahles K15i 1-5x24mm but IDK. I want a good rugged scope with good reticle. Help me!!!

Here's the stick I'm working on.

gun12.jpg

[h=2][/h][h=2][/h]

I have just made a new mount for the Noveske Team, that is made to their specs!
Here is the plastic prototype, but we have them machined and they are just sent of to Surface treatment.

It's a fixed mount, it have all our interfaces as usual so any kind of secondary can be mounted in a lot of various places.
It's more cantilever than our other cantilevered mounts.
Height is 1,25" so it's lower than mostly if not all other AR15 mounts.
Fixed.

Håkan

Attachments

• 1940229_10152664878874408_1914041544_n.jpg
    1940229_10152664878874408_1914041544_n.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 1960209_10152664878879408_1031464158_n.jpg
    1960209_10152664878879408_1031464158_n.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 17
I have just made a new mount for the Noveske Team, that is made to their specs!
Here is the plastic prototype, but we have them machined and they are just sent of to Surface treatment.

It's a fixed mount, it have all our interfaces as usual so any kind of secondary can be mounted in a lot of various places.
It's more cantilever than our other cantilevered mounts.
Height is 1,25" so it's lower than mostly if not all other AR15 mounts.
Fixed.

Håkan

That's pretty slick my friend. Those rings still need to be about an inch more forward, IMO(shouldn't have to bottom out on the turrets and ocular bell thingy). I like the height. Where can I get one for a little Cerakote???

Is that the euro version of the keymod rail?

Wow, that spuhr mount looks almost exactly like what I've been looking for. Love the 1.25 height. I'm sure I'll end up with one of those eventually.

Sawman, are you looking for a first or second focal plane scope? I have a Bushnell SMRS1-6.5x ffp BTR2 that I really like. It's sitting on an AR that's set up a lot like yours. I use it for coyote hunting and flush hunting other varmints. The illumination is not daylight visible but I find that I am fast enough with the unlit BTR2 reticle to hit small 20mph targets. I've also taken it out to 650 yards on steel plates using both hold overs and the dials. It's not as easy as having 15-30x but if you can read the wind it's not terribly difficult.

Here is a link to the mount I'm currently using: http://www.gggaz.com/socom-ii-scope-mount-with-integral-rings.html. I've been thinking about building a second identical rifle. If/when I do, I'm mounting either a Bushnell 1-8.5, Leupold mk6 1-6, or a US Optics sr8m. Imho those three offer the best reticle options for this class of scope. All of them are ffp though, which to me is a benefit. Most people tend to disagree with me on that however.

If Håkan offers that Noveske mount with 34mm rings I'll probably replace my 1-6.5 with a1-8.5xSMRS. ;) The idea makes me giddy.

I'm not trying to sell you on anything. I just figured I'd post what I like and why.

Wow, that spuhr mount looks almost exactly like what I've been looking for. Love the 1.25 height. I'm sure I'll end up with one of those eventually.

Sawman, are you looking for a first or second focal plane scope? I have a Bushnell SMRS1-6.5x ffp BTR2 that I really like. It's sitting on an AR that's set up a lot like yours. I use it for coyote hunting and flush hunting other varmints. The illumination is not daylight visible but I find that I am fast enough with the unlit BTR2 reticle to hit small 20mph targets. I've also taken it out to 650 yards on steel plates using both hold overs and the dials. It's not as easy as having 15-30x but if you can read the wind it's not terribly difficult.

Here is a link to the mount I'm currently using: SOCOM 2 Quick Detach Scope Mount, SOCOM II , QD Scope Mount, SOCOM 11 Mount For The SOCOM 2 Rifle. I've been thinking about building a second identical rifle. If/when I do, I'm mounting either a Bushnell 1-8.5, Leupold mk6 1-6, or a US Optics sr8m. Imho those three offer the best reticle options for this class of scope. All of them are ffp though, which to me is a benefit. Most people tend to disagree with me on that however.

If Håkan offers that Noveske mount with 34mm rings I'll probably replace my 1-6.5 with a1-8.5xSMRS. ;) The idea makes me giddy.

I'm not trying to sell you on anything. I just figured I'd post what I like and why.

Thanks for the response. I would prefer SFP but at this point I am looking at all my options. I'll spend $2k or a little more but would be happy to only spend $1k if it works for me. The MK6 is an option. I'll look more into the Bushnells. The USO is out.

Nice Hakan!! Ive been searching far and wide for a 34mm and 35mm cantilever mount with a centerline height of under the 1.46" version. I'll be ordering one for sure!

Why, not bottom out the turrets?
The thin freehanging piece underneat does not really get more stable the longer it is.....
So for a stability standpoint ( with this placement of the scope) this mount will be more stable than it would with 1" plus length......
The rear extension of the mount is kept pretty short so cattails can be used.
Mounts are easyest bought from Mile High.

That is not the Euroversion of the keymod, it's the improved Spuhr version:)
That way Everything that fit's the scopemount also fits the forend :)
Sadly the forend is just a prototype yet.
Here is Another version of that forend on my prototype AR10.
As you can see the NV is mounted on the top of the forend, and the illumination is mounted on top of the scope.
By using the spuhr interface so Everything can be attached where it's needed to.

That's pretty slick my friend. Those rings still need to be about an inch more forward, IMO(shouldn't have to bottom out on the turrets and ocular bell thingy). I like the height. Where can I get one for a little Cerakote???

Is that the euro version of the keymod rail?

Attachments

• 1377124_10152275949204408_458094123_n.jpg
    1377124_10152275949204408_458094123_n.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 995043_10152006641499408_1001667482_n.jpg
    995043_10152006641499408_1001667482_n.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Wavenature and Jasonfaz
We have only made a run yet in 30mm/0moa.
But I belive we will make 34mm to.

35mm sounds very unlikely.

Why, not bottom out the turrets?
The thin freehanging piece underneat does not really get more stable the longer it is.....
So for a stability standpoint ( with this placement of the scope) this mount will be more stable than it would with 1" plus length......
The rear extension of the mount is kept pretty short so cattails can be used.
Mounts are easyest bought from Mile High.

That is not the Euroversion of the keymod, it's the improved Spuhr version:)
That way Everything that fit's the scopemount also fits the forend :)
Sadly the forend is just a prototype yet.
Here is Another version of that forend on my prototype AR10.
As you can see the NV is mounted on the top of the forend, and the illumination is mounted on top of the scope.
By using the spuhr interface so Everything can be attached where it's needed to.

I've pretty much decided to go with the Kahles K16i with eye relief of 3.74". I'm just worried that I wont have enough forward adjustment. The KAC rail is rock solid but I still don't want to crossover from my upper receiver with the mount. The sights are also going to go, so I want the mount a little lower.

Here's a picture of another rifle, the scope on it has a 4" eye relief. I shoot NTCH like it's in my nostril. What Sphur mount do you think would work best for me???
mega666.jpg

And who do I need to talk to to move to Sweden? The people here are crazy!!!:)

Here you can see the Kahles with the mount.
So if this will work for you or not, is it only you who can decide......

Gunsituation in Sweden is a lot worse than the US..... I don't Think you wanna move to here.

Attachments

• scopemount.jpg
    scopemount.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 19
  • scopemount2.jpg
    scopemount2.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 20
Here you can see the Kahles with the mount.
So if this will work for you or not, is it only you who can decide......

Gunsituation in Sweden is a lot worse than the US..... I don't Think you wanna move to here.

I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. Still it looks like I need another +/-.5" or so. I wonder if it would really be an issue crossing over onto the KAC URX 4??? It's probably the most solid rail on the market without going monolithic. Thoughts?

Here is Another Picture with the sideclamp removed and the recoillug "painted red"

I would actually prefer to not have contact with forend.
And instead move the mount one step forward and not use the last screw.
But that is just me :)
There is also additional space to move the scope more forward in the mount.

Attachments

• rekylklack.jpg
    rekylklack.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 18
Here is Another Picture with the sideclamp removed and the recoillug "painted red"

I would actually prefer to not have contact with forend.
And instead move the mount one step forward and not use the last screw.
But that is just me :)
There is also additional space to move the scope more forward in the mount.

It looks like that might work. Won't the side clamp have to be shortened?

Maybe for you'r current forend, maybe....
But for a forend with an even diameter it will not have to be shortend.