• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

BCJR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2006
S.E. AK.
300 ultra ,210 VLD , 950 yrds thru the edge of the shoulder and the motor turned into elk jello. He didnt give us a good shot at first so I watched this bull for two hours in a 100x40 yrd patch of timber. He finally fed back out and gave us a chance. Wind conditions were perfect ,all 6 days prior the wind was terrible. The country is extreme to say the least , worst pack out I have even been on , not even fit for a mule , really couldnt get a mule to him. Took three of us two days to back it out. He will go around 270 so not the biggest bull but we will never forget it.We had to stash water on the way in as it was warm and about 3 miles strait up to anything resembling a skid trail.we have a tag left so we will go back in in a week ,work gets in the way of the important stuff again.
2r2lqgx.jpg

mikxv6.jpg

2lbf1pi.jpg

Re: Idaho Bull

Nice bull!!what part of ID? We took 2 nice 6x6 out of the Selway a couple years ago,that is some awesome country,to a flatlander.

Nice Bull, gotta love those long pack outs! I bet ya a mule could make it up there! I take more in some spots I'm not even comfortable walking! they are an incrediable animal

I have to agree with Pierce 33. No problem for a good set of mules if you have access to them. I've seen good mules climb stuff steeper than a cow's face. Sure beats packing a bull on your back. Good shooting and congratulations!

Hell of a shot and nice bull. +1 on the mules, they saved us more than once.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rem300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to agree with Pierce 33. No problem for a good set of mules if you have access to them. I've seen good mules climb stuff steeper than a cow's face. Sure beats packing a bull on your back. Good shooting and congratulations! </div></div>

the guy with his back to you in the pic. is our horse ,mule guy,National champion bronc rider, raised on a working ranch ect. We had access to them but there is a cliff on the spine of the ridge we shot him on and the sidehill was wet.You could stand on the game trail on the sidehill and touch the canyon wall by sticking your arm out. We have been on a pack string wreck a time or two and we decided against it. I wish the mules would have packed him out , but it doesnt matter now, guess the pictures cant explain it. Had to be there

Looks like you earned that one. That's a shot to remember...good job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice bull, what unit are you in? </div></div>

NEVER ask another man about his unit.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice bull, what unit are you in? </div></div>

NEVER ask another man about his unit.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Been sworn to secrecy but this qoute is real close:
"Looks like the Salmon River country.
Nice shooting "

To be clear we are real responsible about hunting at these ranges the night before we passed a shot on a much nicer bull because the shot just wasnt right. Elk with 3 good legs and a good motor can go a long ways and I would rather pound my balls flat with a wooden mallet than chase a wounded bull in this country!
25a27i0.jpg