• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ideas for a rem700 375hh action...

michaeltx

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2009
dfw area, TX
I'm tired of this rifle constantly kicking my ass, so I'm thinking about a re-barrel. A 7 pound 375hh sounded like a good idea at first...

I suppose it would be a good action to build a 338 lapua on, that's the first thing I thought of at least. Any ideas?

Re: ideas for a rem700 375hh action...

338 edge

"lapua" sounds really cool when you say it out loud but not when youre buying brass 338 Edge (wich uses 300 RUM brass) can be had for far less than Lapua anything.

The Lapua brass is higher quality and may give you more loadings but the edge has the "edge" ballistics plus it is standard magnum bolt face.

Get a good bbl 28-30 incher 3 grooves are better as far as increased velocities The edge is every bit as effective as the lapua even slinging 300 grainers.

If you like the .375 why not put a brake on it? I use one made by Randy Selby in Wyoming that is actually quiet compared to others. I have 700 KS mountain rifle cut back to 21 inches. The rifle weighs 7 1/4 scoped and kicks like a 30.06, with the Mcmillan Classic Mountai Rifle stock and a Remington Magnum contour barrel. It is one of my favorite rifles. I even had the chance to take a lion in Africa with it two years ago. When people handle it they think it is a .308. An awesome hunting rifle with stout but manageable recoil. Just a thought. The .338 Lapua has pretty stout recoil itself. Wade

I'll have to look into that 338 edge, I've heard of it but don't know anything about it.

I've thought about putting a brake on the 375, but hate to lose or mess with the front sight. I shot it with irons for the first year I owned it, although it has a scope now. I really don't NEED a 375 for anything, but it's a lot of fun, for about 3 shots.