• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ideas for culverts

Dthomas3523

Account no longer active
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    So, we have access to like 30 concrete culverts.

Looking for ideas for stage design using culverts. Other than the usual left/middl/right culvet.

Feel free to post pics.

Thanks!

Reactions: Newbie2020
    Stand one up on end. Cut a port hole in one side. Drop an A Frame over the other side.

On the command engage. Shooter will enter the culvert. Shooter must use the provided port hole to engage X targets. Shooter will not insert their magazine until shooter is on the first target.

Reactions: kcrippen
    Big enough to get inside? I've seen "windows" concrete cut out of the side of them and then you have to get in and shoot it like a shoot house. The limited space behind makes for some interesting position for small and large people alike.

I also like having not just "the same" prop on a stage multiple times. Put a single culvert on say 5 stages in different orientations to the target so that people have to decide to attempt bipod or bag and then transition whatever the other prop might be on that stage that might require a different setup. Variety is the spice of life.

Stand one up on end. Cut a port hole in one side. Drop an A Frame over the other side.

On the command engage. Shooter will enter the culvert. Shooter must use the provided port hole to engage X targets. Shooter will not insert their magazine until shooter is on the first target.

affirm mag out

Water park type slide, feet first only, have to engage the target on exit using Creedmoor (supine) position only.

1. Put one inclined to a platform (4-5 feet up), shooter has to put thier rifle on the platform then crawl up inside the culver to the get on the platform and shoot.
    2. Arrange 2 in a V pointed down range tight together. Shoot through each one, over each one and through the crotch at the front of them. (takes 60deg of target array.) or place them side x side.
    3. Put one down range so you sight through the tube but your bullet flies over it (is this possible? would take planning for multiple calibers)
    4. Climb through the tube with side port holes (make the tube 45Deg down range to avoid flagging of other stages)
    5. Stand them vertical and punch multiple holes at different heights and angles for shooting holes. (maybe 10 in a row like a wall)
    6. Make your own under ground shooting range!
    7. Sell them for Money!

I feel like 30 should be enough to make some sort of a castle....

Diameter?
    Lowcrawl,,into upright,,using porthole,,engage, 3 unknown distances. 🤣😄🤔😜

Award double points per impact for shots made with heads AND muzzle brakes inside the tube.

I like the rubble and castle idea, 4 upright corner towers, 4 on their sides as connecting walls, and a smashed up one in front of the entry, see how it weathers...

Shooter must first engage from rubble pile, then hurtle the rubble, hurtle the wall, and then engage from 2 towers and 2 walls, and must shout monty python quotes between each shot.

And, we need pics... and audio...

Last edited:

Attachments

• F0FBD580-32A1-4B32-93E9-0E84EF35D7CF.gif
      F0FBD580-32A1-4B32-93E9-0E84EF35D7CF.gif
      909 KB · Views: 63
    Put one partially in the ground at a 60* angle and 30-45* to the target.
    Paint the shooting surface with something slick as hell and make it bipod or hand support only.
    (While wearing a pair of stretchy knit gloves) 😁

I've shot plenty of matches with culverts, most where you had to crawl inside, and shoot through. Most people who shoot without a suppressor hate them... Obvious reasons. I hated the dust it would kick up in one that was a 1/4 full with silt. I normally don't use a suppressor for matches, but that stage, I would run a suppressor. Funny thing, some people would say I was cheating... I would say, run what you got.

My only suggestion, make it realistic, instead another circus prop as some have already suggested.

Reactions: shoobe01
    Don't even with the culverts. Tinnitus is real.
    If you are inclined to use them, put the prize table inside or deliver them to your local daycare facility to keep the kids safely distanced.

Reactions: Alpine 338
    Hard to see the one on the other side of the pyramid but it's leaning in at a 45° angle. We shoot these almost every time at my place whenever I host our monthly match. There is a possible 8 spots to shoot from so I try to rotate 5 different spots each match.
    20201111_134114.jpg

Point one at each target and have shooter crawl 1/3 of the way in and shoot.

That way they can get maximum enjoyment from their muzzle brake.