• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ideas for Integrally suppressed .22

patsim

Son of Liberty
Minuteman
May 2, 2010
Southern Indiana
Hey, guys. I'm looking for some opinions, advice or ideas for a build I've been considering for a while. I want an integrally suppressed .22lr bolt-action rifle. I do not have anything spec'd for the build other than that. Rifle would be used for plinking in my backyard. I'd like to keep it around a grand. Thoughts for a base rifle are 77/22 or Mark II TR. I'm no gunsmith, but I have rebuilt a couple 10/22s and my AR a few times. Which platform would be easier for me to do the work myself--i.e. swap the barrel? I appreciate any ideas.

Re: Ideas for Integrally suppressed .22

If you can do a 10/22, a 77/22 will look awfully similar.
CW

I thought so, but lately I've been leaning towards the Savage b/c it already has the stock and decent trigger. Does anyone make a drop-in sup'd barrel for it? Would there be any market for the take-off?

There are some guys that have modded 10/22 barrels to go onto savage actions, so that may be a direction for you. Check on rimfirecentral.com - there are a few posts about it in the savage section

There is also an outfit in Fl. that does integral suppressors for 10/22 and 77/22, but I forget the name...

I'm going to stick with the integral sup. because... well, because that's what I want. Since I first saw the Green Hornet from Tac Ops, I've had the idea of building--or buying--one. I just hate to call Mike R. and ask for a price. I hear he's quite the salesman.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to stick with the integral sup. because... well, because that's what I want. Since I first saw the Green Hornet from Tac Ops, I've had the idea of building--or buying--one. I just hate to call Mike R. and ask for a price. I hear he's quite the salesman. </div></div> Always wondered too, but am scared because of the same reason.

Why not a 10/22 with a JG Bolt Lock. Then you have a semi-auto and a bolt action. Two for one you can't beat that. I have this setup and wouldn't trade it for anything.

My understanding is that the JG bolt lock has a short lifespan since you're concentrating the recoil energy on a pretty flimsy piece of stamping. What's your round count?

The magnetic deal that fills the port looks more durable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TypeR632</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not a 10/22 with a JG Bolt Lock. Then you have a semi-auto and a bolt action. Two for one you can't beat that. I have this setup and wouldn't trade it for anything. </div></div>

Never heard of it. I'll do a search, but does anyone know if they make one for a Rem 597? I've got one that I'd consider modifying.

Anywhere to buy a 77/22 action?

Looked up the bolt lock. Not really what I want. Besides I want a bolt action .22 as a trainer. Thanks for the suggestion, though.