• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Identify this NV gear

Shortdraw

Alaskan Guide
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Kodiak, Alaska
Can anyone identify this gear? It has been offered to me for pretty cheap and it is fully operational. More importantly, what is it worth and is it even worth owning? Thanks a bunch.
2lifotg.jpg

Re: Identify this NV gear

I think its Russian/ComBloc . Soviet stuff has a bad reputation . The cathode-ray tubes on some of their stuff is not shielded , resulting in the operator being exposed to X-rays . Is the writing on it Cyrillic ? It might be infrared instead of starlight ... I would not buy it unless it is dirt-cheap , and more as a collectible than for use . Not knowing for sure , I could be wrong ...

Re: Identify this NV gear

I came across this photo. The site it is on refers to it as a set of Soviet Tankers' NVGs. This is the closest thing I've seen so far. The size of the battery could also be an indication of what generation, or age, of your model versus this one. By that, I would suspect that the one in the photo below is more recent then yours.

Foreign_Russian_Soviet_Era_Tankers_Nightvision_Goggles.jpg