• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Identifying a Bartlein barrel

Ridgerunner60

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2017
Hi guys, looking to trade for a 260 rem. I found one that has a Bartlein barrel. How would I be able to identify if it is a Bartlein. The owner says the only marking on the barrel is the 260 rem. Just want to be sure before trading. Thanks ahead of time!

Hi guys, looking to trade for a 260 rem. I found one that has a Bartlein barrel. How would I be able to identify if it is a Bartlein. The owner says the only marking on the barrel is the 260 rem. Just want to be sure before trading. Thanks ahead of time!
Once the stamped end is cut off for chambering it’s almost impossible.
My smith saws off then sends me the stamped ends with my barrels.

Hi,

IF you are already questioning such details then maybe you should pass on the transaction.
Something clearly already has you questioning the other party in the transaction.

What happens when you get the rifle and it does not shoot as good as you "expect" it to?
You will be forever questioning the barrel or any other aspect....

Sincerely,
Theis

If you have reason to doubt what the seller is telling you, you have reason to walk-away.
If there’s ever any doubt, then there is no doubt.

Proof or pass, it’s an easy process these days to get a Bartlein.

Hi,

IF you are already questioning such details then maybe you should pass on the transaction.
Something clearly already has you questioning the other party in the transaction.

What happens when you get the rifle and it does not shoot as good as you "expect" it to?
You will be forever questioning the barrel or any other aspect....

Sincerely,
Theis

I came here looking for tips identifying a Bartlein barrel (already chambered), but I couldn't resist pointing out that this post definitely didn't age well.:ROFLMAO: