• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If I buy this shirt am I a poser?

Re: If I buy this shirt am I a poser?

In my opinion, you are only wearing a shirt in honor of those that have, or are still doing that job. It is just like me wearing my Savage, Glock, Hornady, or RatMag shirts.

Wear it Brother!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snakebyte922</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wear it, who care what anybody thinks!!!!! </div></div>

What he ^ said x 10!!!

POSER!
smile.gif

Would you wear a S.E.A.L. shirt?

Ranger shirt?

Special Forces shirt?

ParaRescue?

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have never served nor am I a sniper. I just like the shirt. What say you?

http://linestretch.com/store/product45.html </div></div>
Think about all the people who wear MMA shirts and never train in martial arts let alone exercise. At least you shoot guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enough Said</div><div class="ubbcode-body">POSER!
smile.gif

Would you wear a S.E.A.L. shirt?</div></div>

Its not like hes wearing a uniform of any of those you mentioned. Its a T-shirt. Lighten up Francis...

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enough Said</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
POSER!

Would you wear a S.E.A.L. shirt?

Ranger shirt?

Special Forces shirt?

ParaRescue?

smile.gif
</div></div>

No I would not. But this shirt doesn't say "sniper" either. As far as I can tell the word means headhunter...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have never served nor am I a sniper. I just like the shirt. What say you?

http://linestretch.com/store/product45.html </div></div>
Think about all the people who wear MMA shirts and never train in martial arts let alone exercise. At least you shoot guns. </div></div>

That's true. And many things do die in the use of said guns. lol

Then don't ask if you've already got your mind made up.

Just wear it. You'll know... and that's all that counts.

here's my personal opinion of T-Shirts...

I very rarely wear any that are military, MMA, or gun themed...

main reason... same reason most people say "you shouldn't open carry"

why draw the attention to yourself, in fact, I'd open carry before I wore an NRA t-shirt or hat ( or anything else like it )...

but YMMV

PS... anytime I do see someone in said t-shirts, my first thought is "he's a poser"

i wear a borat swimsuit to the pool, doesnt mean i think i need to chase a fat nekkid guy around a hotel with a rubber fist

A) The shirt screams douchy - skulls....ewww bad ass DEWD! and whispy smoke like design - extra bad ass!

C) On the other hand - 1 out of 10,000 people that sees you in such a sweet shirt is gonna know what 'Kopjaeger' means

Poser? No.

D-bag with no taste? Yeah. Extra points if you have a fake tan, shave your body hair, and use a lot gel on the dome...

Good luck

What's with the color choice?? Can't they just say Green, Brown, Tan, Grey and what ever the f**k the last one is??

Personally, its a shirt, who cares. Where i personally draw the line is if it has specific branches or groups because i never served with them. I will wear POF, remington defense, magpul, spikes tactical, etc. But im not a douch about it. Most of what i wear are pga tour series polos because they are comfortable.

The Supreme Court, today, in its infinite wisdom, struck down the "Stolen Valor Law", so it's open season on false medals, false claims of heroism, etc.

There you go. It won't be ILLEGAL to wear the shirt. LOL

Buy the shirt. Have fun with it. It's not like you are buying a HOG's tooth off of eBay.

I think it's a pretty cool looking t-shirt and may pick one up myself. If that makes me a douchebag, then it's pretty low on the list...in fact it may not even make the list considering some of the other shit on that list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's with the color choice?? Can't they just say Green, Brown, Tan, Grey and what ever the f**k the last one is??</div></div>

Cuz thats what the manufacturer calls them. We DO need a color chart tho.

Anf fyi 'terra mesa' is an 'earthy sorta adobe light pumpkin orangy' color. Guess we coulda put that....

To the OP: buy it, its awesome! But I may be biased...

Regardless what you think of the design, the SHIRTS are great!

i am with Force Multiplier - I never wear anything that could "alarm" someone. I have two small children and am always in the company of others who may or may not share my views and that is thier opinion. I prefer to look like a surfer most of the time. No one would ever guess I have a 1911 under my running shorts and malibu beach tee shirt.

Your call your choice. My dad wears an NRA or DU shirt 24/7.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enough Said</div><div class="ubbcode-body">POSER!
smile.gif

Would you wear a S.E.A.L. shirt? </div></div>

No different than a family member wearing a Navy sweat shirt or someone owning a scope with USMC markings. What about wearing a McP's shirt? Does this mean I can't wear multicam or marpat since it's used by the military? There's a difference between enjoying something that someone else does and celebrating it, and trying to pretend you are in fact that of which you dawn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy the shirt. Have fun with it. It's not like you are buying a HOG's tooth off of eBay.

I think it's a pretty cool looking t-shirt and may pick one up myself. If that makes me a douchebag, then it's pretty low on the list...in fact it may not even make the list considering some of the other shit on that list.

</div></div>

I found a hogs tooth on the floor once where I worked, lol. I ended up dropping it off with a Gunny at Bangor since I figured who ever it was would be looking for it. He called me like a week later and jokingly said "On behalf of a grateful nation and hungover Marine, thank you."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's with the color choice?? Can't they just say Green, Brown, Tan, Grey and what ever the f**k the last one is??</div></div>

Anf fyi 'terra mesa' is an 'earthy sorta adobe light pumpkin orangy' color. Guess we coulda put that....

Regardless what you think of the design, the SHIRTS are great! </div></div>

Thanks CJ...Orange is good, everybody can understand that! Go for the color chart

Buy the shirt,it is only a shirt it like wearing a polo shirt and not owning a horse.

When I was an instructor at 2d Mar Div S/S School, with J.D. Smith in the late '80's, we used to have GySgt. Hathcock come talk to the graduating classes when he was able. J.D. had a long-term friendship with him and it was unique to have his attention on occasion. One of his major talking points was that he never wanted to bring attention to himself as a sniper, and he used to frown upon the wearing of t-shirts and such to denote ourselves as snipers.

Of course he "had his" and we were still "getting ours", so some came around to it and some did not.

But it was an interesting perspective and I guess still applies to this day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's with the color choice?? Can't they just say Green, Brown, Tan, Grey and what ever the f**k the last one is??</div></div>

Regardless what you think of the design, the SHIRTS are great! </div></div>

Do sizes run small or large?

I did the job for over 8 years, and I personally feel like a poser for using that avatar (see left) as a civilian. I feel like a poser shooting my really nice rifle at the range too. The guys that are carrying the rifle (or any rifle for that matter) today have balls the size of watermelons.

But that's just MY opinion, and you shouldn't take it seriously because I'm kind of a huge douche.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As far as I can tell the word means headhunter... </div></div>

It also means headshrinker? Maybe he has a shrink and thus qualifies?

You could also kill a kitten and be GTG?
grin.gif

I wear a Phillies shirt at times and still haven't made that team.

I'm wearing a snipershide tshirt at the gym and people are giving me weird looks. But its probably also that I'm doing 350lbs deadlifts

Fuck what anybody thinks about the things you wear... They may think, "poser" or whatever, but they won't say shit to your face. What does that make them? Bitches? Haha, wear it like you stole it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As far as I can tell the word means headhunter...</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

C) On the other hand - 1 out of 10,000 people that sees you in such a sweet shirt is gonna know what 'Kopjaeger' means

</div></div>

head hunter. of course the entry hole between the eyes may even be more suggestive.

no posing there, neat graphic.

it's not like it saying "heckenschützen"

If your going to rep that kind of shirt.... Rep a company that gives back....

http://www.americansnipers.org/

These guys sent us scout periscopes... I've since returned the favor and buy a new t-shirt/donation every year I've been out of the service (money well spent and proud to represent such an outstanding business).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_Lamz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm wearing a snipershide tshirt at the gym and people are giving me weird looks. But its probably also that I'm doing 350lbs deadlifts</div></div>

That's all? I was dead lifting $350 when I was a freshman in high school almost 20yrs ago, weighing 170lbs.

17d061f75420508140369d7bd4b378fc.jpg

Lots of guys wear jerseys and gear of their NBA, NFL, etc "heroes"....and I use that term lightly. As a long range shooter, a school trained sniper is somebody I look up to as the pinnacle of the type of shooting and fieldcraft I do as an amatuer. Like said above if you are wearing a hogs tooth or say you have a T-shirt labeled B4 or 8541 I would say that's bad taste and akin to putting a Ranger tab on the shoulder of your Arc'teryx jacket. I see nothing wrong with wearing a snipers.org or kopfjaeger shirt out of respect for the sniper community as long as you do it that vain vs representing yourself as some kind of operator. After all, we come to snipershide because of a shared interest in this type of shooting and gear but very few here are snipers.

I wouldn't buy one.

I was 4F at 15, But, I have aquired a lot T-shirts in my days. And I wear them.

"No Sir, I have never served, this T-shirt was a gift from "Whomever" and I wear it out of respect and as a tribute to the men that serve. I was unable to serve, but I support the men that do."

I've never been a Sniper. The only shooting/military related logowear I don for any public activity is either the (older) SH Kopfjeager shirt, or something with a Marine Corps reference. I figure I've been enough of a fixture here over the years that any association with SH that I might judiciously choose to wear is legit. Nobody who knows me is going to imagine I'm trying to look like a Sniperdude.

I will only wear something that I feel reflects accurately upon myself and my own personal experience. I have enough of that to never need claim anything else.

I well meaning friend once gave me a hat that read 'Sniper'. I gave it away without ceremony. I'm sure it found a respectable home.

Greg

Jokes on you guys, unless you are from Borneo and you wear this shirt you are all posers!

Berkerut+merokok+kepala+musuh+dibunuh.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SCARbliss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jokes on you guys, unless you are from Borneo and you wear this shirt you are all posers!
</div></div>

I'm not from Borneo but I am from Papua New Guinea. Does that count?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bass Ackwardz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enough Said</div><div class="ubbcode-body">POSER!
smile.gif

Would you wear a S.E.A.L. shirt?</div></div>

Its not like hes wearing a uniform of any of those you mentioned. Its a T-shirt. Lighten up Francis...

Bill </div></div>

>lighten up francis...
Lol is that a STRIPES reffrence (bill muray)?

If that front side art is all there is I don't think anyone will know what you are talking about. Unless you work in one tiny niche industry your odds of crossing the path of a marine sniper are exceedingly rare. The word being in german and the lack of any marine corps reference is going to make that one meaningless to most people you run into.

I would not recommend buying the shirt unless you are a bona-fide, certified sniper dude, or....you stayed at a Holiday Inn recently.

To hell with the design...

Support a Hide Sponsor. JC puts out good shirts. His shirts (and hoodie sweaters) are very good quality. I wear them all the time...zombie hunters (my wife's a horror freak), SHide shirts, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_Lamz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm wearing a snipershide tshirt at the gym and people are giving me weird looks. But its probably also that I'm doing 350lbs deadlifts</div></div>

That's all? I was dead lifting $350 when I was a freshman in high school almost 20yrs ago, weighing 170lbs.

17d061f75420508140369d7bd4b378fc.jpg
</div></div>

You guys are pussies. I hang 350 on my nads for warm-up.