• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

if i could change one thing about gunbroker…..

I just think people are fucking dumb on there. An item will have 6 days and they start a bidding war. Just turn on notifications and snipe the item 1 minute before the end of auction.

Also pro tip. When in a bidding war at the end. Look at what the minimum bid is, then multiply it by 3 and bid that. Most people back off after their second bid. Gets em most times.

I just think people are fucking dumb on there. An item will have 6 days and they start a bidding war. Just turn on notifications and snipe the item 1 minute before the end of auction.
Some people here are dumb as a brick too....
20220117_080504.jpg
20220117_080524.jpg
20220117_080550.jpg

Now tell us how that last minute sniping thing works again....🤣

Last edited:
I love it when the starting minimum bid is $1,300 and the buy it now price is $1,399...
Or when two clowns get in a bidding war and the high bid ends up being a dollar less than the BIN price. 🤣
A good many of those auctions end up being re-listed due to non paying bidders.....why am I not suprised?

Last edited:
Just one thing? Shut it down. Got a few decent deals years ago. Now, much like ebay, it's all dealers and scammers.

Or when two clowns get in a bidding war and the high bid ends up being a dollar less than the BIN price. 🤣
A good many of those auctions end up being re-listed due to non paying bidders.....why am I not suprised?

I've watched items go for over retail. Often times, I could buy new from a reputable business, pay shipping and still save money.

I think yer opinion of GB might maybe depend on what yer buying and why. I was looking for Colt 1903's for a while and wanting guns that were basically mechanically unshot but the finish was trashed from having at in a sock drawer for 100 years....rusty/worn finish, even one that was basically brand new but someone, for whatever reason along the line had removed all the bluing. I got the gun for like $250 as no one wanted it, put $500 into a refinish and hard chrome, trigger and action job, all new springs and have basically a killer hard chromed 1903 Model M almost 100 years old for $750...been offered >$2500 for it many times.

It depends on what yer looking for as to your opinion of GB. I never had an issue - bought maybe 6 guns over the years and all of the deals were perfect. Never got sold a Pig-in-a-Poke or got cheated. Maybe just lucky.

VooDoo

I've done pretty well with them over the last two years. I was able to get a lot of my inventory restored (I had to sell much of it for financial reasons that have since been resolved). I have lost an auction or two, but did very well, otherwise. I never had any issues with the merchants. I just have to be careful of the prices. I definitely check ammo prices against things like Ammoseek, etc.

Good deals there if you look around.

The tax thing really got them, sad they were forced to do that. I can see customers start using their local shops after figuring in the shipping and tax.

I think yer opinion of GB might maybe depend on what yer buying and why. I was looking for Colt 1903's for a while and wanting guns that were basically mechanically unshot but the finish was trashed from having at in a sock drawer for 100 years....rusty/worn finish, even one that was basically brand new but someone, for whatever reason along the line had removed all the bluing. I got the gun for like $250 as no one wanted it, put $500 into a refinish and hard chrome, trigger and action job, all new springs and have basically a killer hard chromed 1903 Model M almost 100 years old for $750...been offered >$2500 for it many times.

It depends on what yer looking for as to your opinion of GB. I never had an issue - bought maybe 6 guns over the years and all of the deals were perfect. Never got sold a Pig-in-a-Poke or got cheated. Maybe just lucky.

VooDoo

True enough. A little like being married to a great gal...until you catch her with an old boyfriend.

I only use it to find things that just don’t seem to exist at online stores, but some old man had a few and selling them off for profit. Sometimes ill use it for pricing something out, however if many times i can find it cheaper elsewhere. I was looking at a drum and they wanted 200 plus shipping, found elsewhere for $69 so a huge difference.

One thing everyone needs to be aware of is, GunBroker is charging tax for the shipping charge, which is illegal, especially if the shipping is via USPS.
I'll watch for that the next time I order. Hopefully, inventories are getting better now and we can order directly on the merchants' websites and not through GB.

Sometimes ill use it for pricing something out, however if many times i can find it cheaper elsewhere.

That's me. Recently looking for an X Five. Retail is just over 1K. Most were right in the ballpark, but a few were 200-300 hundred more and one was 300 less...scammer alert.

One thing everyone needs to be aware of is, GunBroker is charging tax for the shipping charge, which is illegal, especially if the shipping is via USPS.
I noticed that too and thought it illegal.
The sales tax rip off and the exorbitant hazmat fees most sellers charge on top of inflated prices has caused me to pretty much quit buying on GB.
About the only business I still do there is for bulk brass purchases.

My biggest challenge with GunBroker is the sort by model/maker/caliber. This should be a dropdown list, so that there aren't multiple variations to mess up a search.

As an example, right now there are listings for .243 Rem (doesn't exist), .243 Rem. (with a period, also doesn't exist), .243 Win, and .243 Win.

Sorting by caliber is a pain, and also doesn't give you all the options, as it apparently is not a required field. Models and brands are just as bad.

i agree, bs on adding tax on shipping. what i've been doing is just telling the buyer to add shipping to what gb says vs entering the shipping. that way the buyer doesn't get taxed on shipping.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Forget gb, change our EE. Start banning or forcing an eval of posts that are incorrect. For instance, home build using wilson lower and upper is not a Wilson combat rifle nor is aero upper lower and ba barrel. Shit is outta control

i have no problem with GB, but i do have a problem with the taxing. GB is just the broker in most instances, you pay the seller direct, some do use GB pay, but the majority of buyers that have bought from me , send a money order or use a CC. In those instances , GB is wrong to collect tax. It is the acting broker, they do not pay the seller like if u buy off ebay or amazon.

i have no problem with GB, but i do have a problem with the taxing. GB is just the broker in most instances, you pay the seller direct, some do use GB pay, but the majority of buyers that have bought from me , send a money order or use a CC. In those instances , GB is wrong to collect tax. It is the acting broker, they do not pay the seller like if u buy off ebay or amazon.

I'm finding though, that a lot of private merchants (especially those that ship nationwide) are also collecting FL sales tax as well. And I don't mean Amazon and the like. I mean smaller merchants. So, we may find it difficult to find a merchant that doesn't do that.

How 'bout just making those pop up's go away that ask me to register, usually while I'm in the middle of trying to sign in.

Reactions: myronman3
Id change nothing about gun broker , those that will pay will pay . Those prices are not for me . And when and If I ever learn how to make and am able to make my own powder , primers and bullets I will not buy factory supplies ever again , but until then I buy what I can find when I can find it at the jacked price someone is asking if that is all there is available or I take up fishing , or archery and learn to yell bang really loud , maybe the same with air rifles . powder and primer companies know they got shooters by the short hairs you want what they make so they stop making it driving the price up where you going to go make your own lol .

98% of the shit on there can be summed up with:

1) Retail + 40% + fees + retarded shipping amount + retarded complicated instructions of what they want you to do to actually buy the gun

2) Glock with 700 rounds on it and home made stippling being sold for more than a BNIB Glock

3) Normal firearms with some total douche cringe paragraph with SEALRangerCAG in it and a starting bid of 2x retail

4) Retards doing dumb shit to a stock weapon and then wanting an ultra premium for it

The 15 minute rule is also total garbage. As stated above, it just alerts shill bidders and then you can also drag the last bid of an auction out for HOURS.

Zero customer service and they also 'collect the tax for you' now.

That place just needs to die.

Reactions: MCSO1357
Best thing they can do is to remove the buyer and sellers.

i use it to find stuff i can’t get locally. i couldnt even tell you where the closest freedom arms dealer is….and NOBODY stocks ruger no.1’s where i live, and if you DO find one, they want an arm, leg and testicle for it.

and revolvers? fucking forget it. NO ONE stocks them. the last place that had a decent supply of revolvers around here went tits up about 10 years ago. what is really a head scratcher is, that the shops all say that revolvers are hard to come by because they sell so fast. they can rarely get them in, and went they do, they sell them fast. and 98% of what i see in the pistol cases is autoloaders.

my rule of thumb is, if i can buy it local for with $80 of what i can online, i buy local. but with my tastes, they never have anything i am interested in and totally unwilling to exert and effort to get it. and i aint the dick that says “i can get it for 50$ cheaper online”. but i aint going to take it deep in the ass from the local guys, either.

then there are the shops that want to charge you 150 more than you can “buy it now” price plus the shipping and fees. example….if i can buy gun XX for 400 bucks, and shipping is 30$ and the ffl fees are another 30…..the local guys will offer me the same gun for the fantastic price of $840. that’s the shit they pull.

got a female friend into shooting a while back. she went to no less than 4 different shops, no one was interested in ordering her the 38 special smith and wesson she wanted. the didnt even get to the conversation of price; they didnt have it and fuck you. it was “we dont have those”. then they would either walk away or try to steer her a different direction. so fuck it, she bought one off gunbroker and got a smoking deal on it.

same thing when she wanted a target ruger mark iv. same exact shit. so….fuck it. someone on gunbroker had a hot deal on new guns, and she got one for like 340$, and that includes the ffl fees and shipping. i still aint seen one cheaper than 550 locally; and that 550 isnt including the state fees and background check. so you’d be looking at 640ish by the time they added on all the other bullshit.

so, if you arent a dumbass, deals can be had on gunbroker. it definately serves it’s purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: jinxx4ever
98% of the shit on there can be summed up with:

1) Retail + 40% + fees + retarded shipping amount + retarded complicated instructions of what they want you to do to actually buy the gun

2) Glock with 700 rounds on it and home made stippling being sold for more than a BNIB Glock

3) Normal firearms with some total douche cringe paragraph with SEALRangerCAG in it and a starting bid of 2x retail

4) Retards doing dumb shit to a stock weapon and then wanting an ultra premium for it

The 15 minute rule is also total garbage. As stated above, it just alerts shill bidders and then you can also drag the last bid of an auction out for HOURS.

Zero customer service and they also 'collect the tax for you' now.

That place just needs to die.
1. Anybody dumb enough to pay above retail and jump through a bunch of silly hoops for a plain old run of the mill gun they could buy cheaper with less hassle elsewhere is an idiot.

2. See #1^

3. buy the gun, not the story.....

4. Folks are free to ask whatever they want for their cobbled up guns. You dont have to buy it. And if you do your a revolving idiot if you pay more than the sum total of the unmodded parts.

The 15 minute rule does exactly what it was intended to do, eliminate bid sniping and personally I have no problem with it because when I bid on something I only bid once and it's for the maximum amount if I'm willing to pay.
Only idiots engage in bid wars that go well beyond what an item is worth.
Never had any dealings with their CS so cant comment.
The tax thing is a rip off.

Last edited:
i've bought quite a few guns that i couldn't have found in thousands of miles of driving that i bought off GB.

Reactions: myronman3
That 15minute rule is fuckin bullshit. Doesnt give the buyer/bidder any remote chance on winning for a good price.
Nonsense. I won a rifle today for 40% of what the last one sold for a week ago. What it does do is allow you to NOT lose out to some computer program that outbids you with 8 seconds left to go.

If the seller shill bids his own gun up past what I'm willing to pay, he gets to keep it. No skin off my nose. No different than anything else you buy.

Prohibit sellers from adding a credit card fee. Not only is it against credit card agreements, it makes it a bitch to find the best deals. I think I've found a deal, only to read in the fine print that I have to a add a bullshit 3% to my total. And nowadays who sends checks for anything? Price your item accordingly and be transparent.

Nonsense. I won a rifle today for 40% of what the last one sold for a week ago. What it does do is allow you to NOT lose out to some computer program that outbids you with 8 seconds left to go.

If the seller shill bids his own gun up past what I'm willing to pay, he gets to keep it. No skin off my nose. No different than anything else you buy.

Why does it matter? You enter what you're willing to pay. Doesn't matter if someone bids at the last second. Unless it exceeds your highest, you win. The sniper doesn't get a second chance. If you're out bid, you would have lost it anyway...right? The 15 minute rule does give sellers an opportunity to shill bid