• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

'If' I was going to order a Vudoo, which chassis should I get?

Photobug

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2021
Jackson, WY
I just sold a little sailboat and have Vudoo money burning a hole in my pocket. As I am browsing my choices I know very little about chassis and felt I should educate myself before making any decisions. Which chassis should I consider?

Get the one you want.
I have only shot one chassis style rifle for a few hundred rounds. So only have that for a frame of reference, not enough to make an informed decision. I don't live near anywhere where I could try on or check out others.

Unfortunately everyone has a difference in opinion of fit, finish, and looks. Personally I love the krg whiskey 3, then mpa chassis

Most important question is what type of shooting do you plan on doing?
I went to a NRL22 event where I was a Range Officer. It looked like a lot of fun. I would like to participate in some NRL competitions in the future. Beyond that I don't know what other options there are for shooting rimfires.

I just sold a little sailboat and have Vudoo money burning a hole in my pocket. As I am browsing my choices I know very little about chassis and felt I should educate myself before making any decisions. Which chassis should I consider?
Best thing to do is RO another match and ask to get behind chassis and feel what fits you best. Mpa, manners, foundation, krg are solid options. MDT has half off Black Friday sales if you wanna wait.

I went American Rifle Company XYLO. I like the adjustability and the way it only had 1 size Torques screw on the whole chassis & it came with a nice T-Handle Wrench for them. It has built in ARCA rail and Mlok on the side. There are literally tons of options for that action. Go shoot a few at a local match and see what you like the best. 20" Kukri barrel pictured.
tempImagewseiLC.png

I went American Rifle Company XYLO. I like the adjustability and the way it only had 1 size Torques screw on the whole chassis & it came with a nice T-Handle Wrench for them. It has built in ARCA rail and Mlok on the side. There are literally tons of options for that action. Go shoot a few at a local match and see what you like the best. 20" Kukri barrel pictured.View attachment 7666524
I think the Xylo is really an underrated, excellent chassis. Very adjustable, rock solid, great ergonomics. The grip is closer to the trigger than most non-pistol-grip stocks or chassis. My only criticism is the recoil pad is a little thin and square, but for rimfire that’s not an issue which is why I use a Xylo for my Vudoo.

B9280AC9-5728-4274-AFEA-3294DF9B4469.jpeg

buy which ever you like ai chassis looks nice mdt is a nice option maybe a wooks chassis would be up your ally
? I think my next chassis will be gold not plated just solid gold that would look sort of nice maybe a nice white gold or rose golf lol and naturally heavy so no extra weights will I need .

buy which ever you like ai chassis looks nice mdt is a nice option maybe a wooks chassis would be up your ally
? I think my next chassis will be gold not plated just solid gold that would look sort of nice maybe a nice white gold or rose golf lol and naturally heavy so no extra weights will I need .
That wooks is stunning. I would be concerned about needing to baby it to keep the wood looking flawless.

Just gonna have to do like @Krob95 has done. Try them all. Or at least most of them. 🤠

Seriously. No one can tell you what you're gonna like. They'll recommend what they like. I could do that. I love my Bravos. But honestly, I have only ever really used Bravos. There could be another chassis out there that would work better for me but I don't have a clue because I started and landed on the Bravo.

My only suggestion is that a folder fits in the safe much easier than a non folder. That's all I got for you.

Just gonna have to do like @Krob95 has done. Try them all. Or at least most of them. 🤠

Seriously. No one can tell you what you're gonna like. They'll recommend what they like. I could do that. I love my Bravos. But honestly, I have only ever really used Bravos. There could be another chassis out there that would work better for me but I don't have a clue because I started and landed on the Bravo.

My only suggestion is that a folder fits in the safe much easier than a non folder. That's all I got for you.
Only tried like 7 different stocks and chassis’s 😂😂 but that’s how I know I was happy with my AX chassis.

I have looked at a picture of the gun I shot during my training class, the chassis was an MDT. I was too busy shooting or in classes and did not have the time nor knowledge to really tweak the chassis correctly. It is likely I could have worked out the bugs on the MDT given the opportunity.

Some of issues I was having:

I was having trouble getting down on the rifle. I had a 6-9" bipod and often to have to put a bag under the bipod. I figure I might be better off with a 9-12" bipod.

I often felt my shoulder was not behind the rifle, because I was shooting a .22, there was not an issue but felt if it was a large caliber, my shoulder position and recoil would not work out well and want to develop skills that would work for all calibers. I am not sure if this is personal issue of my shoulder positioning. Is there an option to have the butt of the chassis a bit higher than others or a way to raise the butt on some chassis?

Only tried like 7 different stocks and chassis’s 😂😂 but that’s how I know I was happy with my AX chassis.

Haha me ans my shooting partner have tried 6 or 7 different chassis and 6 different stocks and the ai’s have been out least favourite and worst groupings (as we aren’t comfortable/nothing do to with quality)

Haha me ans my shooting partner have tried 6 or 7 different chassis and 6 different stocks and the ai’s have been out least favourite and worst groupings (as we aren’t comfortable/nothing do to with quality)
Even though I have gotten no definitive answers here I have learned some things. I did not know there was a difference between chassis and stocks. I thought it was all the chassis.

Even though I have gotten no definitive answers here I have learned some things. I did not know there was a difference between chassis and stocks. I thought it was all the chassis.

Like traditional style stocks and a chassis?

Because the magazines can be finicky I would say a MPA because of the adjustable mag catch or a MDT because they just seem to not have any issues with the mags.
Seems like the magazines are only finicky in MPA chassis.

Contact VGW and they will give you their best advice, if you follow it you should have no mag issues at all.

I like the MDT chassis stock best; like how the area in front of the magazine acts as a barricade stop.
Very expensive stock though at $1,100.00

My two favorite stocks for the Vudoo are the Foundation and All-Composite but they're not chassis.
Both cost even more than the MDT above.

I like the MDT chassis stock best; like how the area in front of the magazine acts as a barricade stop.
Very expensive stock though at $1,100.00

My two favorite stocks for the Vudoo are the Foundation and All-Composite but they're not chassis.
Both cost even more than the MDT above.

I’ve been wanting a foundation for some time but will not pay that price in Canada. I was quoted over 2300 bucks

I have been using nothing but AI chassis and Manners with mini chassis for years. Almost all my centerfire rifles are AIs, so everything feels the same. And now with the 3-lug Vudoo, even working the bolt feels the same.

Reactions: Krob95
As a company, MDT is impossible to beat in terms of support to the customer. If you order one of their chassis and don't like it, you have 30 days to return it for a full refund. MPA doesn't offer the return. I can't speak to other vendors' policy.

As was mentioned, asking the Vudoo folks about chassis options is a good idea. There may well be availability issues... when I ordered my V22 a couple of years ago, they told me it would likely be awhile before they could get the MPA chassis in the color I wanted. I was willing to wait... and it turned out they got it pdq anyway.

If you go with an MDT ACC chassis - I have one on a centerfire rifle and love it - be aware that the fore end is VERY long and anything short of a 22" barrel will barely clear the fore end.

I have become a huge fan of vertical grips. My personal requirement is the grip/chassis has to provide a thumb shelf. A lot of stocks have a vertical orientation on the grip, but the thumb ends up flopping around on top or on the side or wherever. MDT and MPA provides a shelf that lends to consistent grip. It's a small thing but it's important to me.

ARCA rail. Whatever you get, make sure there's an ARCA rail either machined in (preferable) or easily attached.

My $.02.

When I got my Vudoo, I dropped it in a KRG Bravo first. Added an arca rail for tripods.
Next I dropped it in a MagPul PRO chassis. Very adjustable but heavier. Added arca rail. Life is a journey.

When I got my Vudoo, I dropped it in a KRG Bravo first. Added an arca rail for tripods.
Next I dropped it in a MagPul PRO chassis. Very adjustable but heavier. Added arca rail. Life is a journey.
The class I just took had one guy with a Bravo/Vudoo. After my first couple shots with the Vudoo and my comment, "got to get me one of these," he commented his was for sale, He had a right handed one and wanted a left handed one. I just reached out to him to see if he is ready to sell it.

Chassis are so good and there is a tremendous selection out there. You really should go to a match and see what you like and what you don’t. Here are a few of my favorites:
AIAX
Cadex
MDT
KRG
Magpul
ARC Xylo

If you have a centerfire with a chassis the bonus is to match or share it. The Woox looks amazing and I’m gonna have to try one for sure as well. I tend to like the lighter chassis so the weights don’t interest me personally but it depends on your goals and preferences.

I followed this thread intently because I too have the same question as the OP. My current Vudoo is built on a McMillan A5 and I am very happy with it. Nonetheless I am thinking seriously about another Vudoo build and this time around on a chassis. I have never owned or shot a rifle sitting on a chassis. I agree with the various comments about trying various models but sometimes that’s somewhat difficult. However to that end I am curious is anyone has experience or comments on the JP APAC chassis. It’s featured on Vudoo’s website as an option and graces the cover of Michael Shea’s new book Rimfire Revolution. This could just be called marketing but… does anyone have any thoughts or experience with the JP APAC on a Vudoo?

Thanks

Agree with long rang 338
Go to a match and try all the set up and see what works.
I really like my MPA hybrid.
Biggest draw back on all chassis system is getting the balance set verses how much weight you want to handle.

I followed this thread intently because I too have the same question as the OP. My current Vudoo is built on a McMillan A5 and I am very happy with it. Nonetheless I am thinking seriously about another Vudoo build and this time around on a chassis. I have never owned or shot a rifle sitting on a chassis. I agree with the various comments about trying various models but sometimes that’s somewhat difficult. However to that end I am curious is anyone has experience or comments on the JP APAC chassis. It’s featured on Vudoo’s website as an option and graces the cover of Michael Shea’s new book Rimfire Revolution. This could just be called marketing but… does anyone have any thoughts or experience with the JP APAC on a Vudoo?

Thanks
By the end of the year, I'll have two lefties:
1 in Manners PRS TCS and 1 in XLR Envy Pro.

Wife shoots a RH V22 and switches between PRS/TCS and Cadex Lite Competition Chassis

Can't speak on the JP APAC but heard nothing but good things about it. Maybe @littlepod can chime in...

By the end of the year, I'll have two lefties:
1 in Manners PRS TCS and 1 in XLR Envy Pro.

Wife shoots a RH V22 and switches between PRS/TCS and Cadex Lite Competition Chassis

Can't speak on the JP APAC but heard nothing but good things about it. Maybe @littlepod can chime in...

I'll get to play with it in 2 weeks. I bought it initially for myself but my friend has been wanting one for a long time but the backorder is like 8 months so I gave it to him instead. His new 360 will be here at the end of the month so I'll get to play with it early August.

The rifle ergonomically looks great. I personally like the enclosed handguard feel, folding chassis, etc. Allows for any AR grip so I can run the MDT vert grip for adjustment.

Downsides... it's $$ compared to other chassis.

Personally I think the best $ value is an XLR Envy Pro, and has a lot of customization options.

Then when it comes to looks like you have:
Manners PRS-TCS
ARC Xylo

Reactions: Badjujuu
I'll get to play with it in 2 weeks. I bought it initially for myself but my friend has been wanting one for a long time but the backorder is like 8 months so I gave it to him instead. His new 360 will be here at the end of the month so I'll get to play with it early August.

The rifle ergonomically looks great. I personally like the enclosed handguard feel, folding chassis, etc. Allows for any AR grip so I can run the MDT vert grip for adjustment.

Downsides... it's $$ compared to other chassis.

Personally I think the best $ value is an XLR Envy Pro, and has a lot of customization options.

Then when it comes to looks like you have:
Manners PRS-TCS
ARC Xylo
I agree on XLR Envy Pro (especially with the weight kit). It's easy to get it to perfect balance. I love the Cadex as well, just need to add weight kit for it. The folding option is super nice and so is the overall quality.

I like McMillans lots of rounds through them. For chassis
Accuracy addiction ergo
Ai ax
Mdt acc
In that order

the ergo feels like a McMillan when behind it with every adjustment there is.