• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

if $ is no issue, what's your base/ring setup?

Subxero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2012
PA
For a Nightforce NSX 5.5-22x56 on a 700 Long action if money was no issue what ring and base combo would you use?

Re: if $ is no issue, what's your base/ring setup?

I like the USO rings that are windage adjustable. As far as the bases are concerned I like the Badger I have.

thanks for the input guys,

ok to throw a twist in on it. What if you already had a set of Nightforce ultralight titanium's? would you just stick with them or sell them for something else?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins for sure. </div></div>

Yes.

Just getting other peoples thoughts and want to get the pieces for my rig together and do it right the first time. Want it to be solid as a rock. I really like the seekins rings, and would love to put them on, but i am not sure if that justifies selling the NF rings that i got with the scope....plus they look cooler
smile.gif
if that means anything.

But i definitely need a 1 piece base, and i am thinking BO is the way to go.

I went with Badger steel base and the Seekins rings. Quality items. Like you are doing, I am trying to only buy once, cry once.

I like the NF ultra light rings also. There is no use getting caught up in brands, or some other members loyalty to a certain brand. EGW's HD base is more than a person should need on a rifle, for $60.00.
If the coin is no issue, buy the most expensive base you can find, and buy the Sphur rings or mount, with the built in bubble level. The cool factor sends it right through the friggen roof.
But don't throw the NF's away, send them to me. You can pm for my address.

USO, NF, BO or Seekins have worked for me in the past. If money was no issue and I had to choose one, USO base & rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins for sure.</div></div>

Same here. Can't say enough good things about Seekins products.

AI one-piece

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the NF ultra light rings also. There is no use getting caught up in brands, or some other members loyalty to a certain brand. EGW's HD base is more than a person should need on a rifle, for $60.00.
If the coin is no issue, buy the most expensive base you can find, and buy the Sphur rings or mount, with the built in bubble level. The cool factor sends it right through the friggen roof.
But don't throw the NF's away, send them to me. You can pm for my address. </div></div>

the Sphur rings definitely add to the cool factor. Lots of good advice here, i need to do some homework on some of this stuff now.

Badger or Seekins. If I was going with the Surgeon 591 with the intergated rail then I would go with a Spuhr mount and pick your MOA needs if more is required.
Sully

Badger for steel & DNZ for aluminum.

I will add to the Badger crowd--ran it on my Savage. Buy once cry once I said

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins for sure.</div></div>

What he said....

I have the Seekins myself. And Glen is Great to deal with on top of having a great product.

I would say Near manufacturing if money is not an issue. Very very nice rings and bases.

Got to look at some of these suggestions i never really considered before like Near, and Spuhr.

definitely look like quality stuff.

So my next question is...

if you went with the Spuhr, would you go with the integral mount, or just buy 2 rings?

I would think the integral mount would be more solid, and the two rings would be aligned better than separate rings

I have a Spuhr one piece that fits my AI dovetail receiver. Great setup, has built in level. Very solid, well engineered piece of kit. Depending on your receiver on a bolt rifle I would always go with a 1 piece mount if possible. I also have an AI one piece mount on another AI dovetail receiver and it also is rock solid. The Spuhr is more expensive, but has a lot of features.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubXerO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the input guys,

ok to throw a twist in on it. What if you already had a set of Nightforce ultralight titanium's? would you just stick with them or sell them for something else? </div></div>
Those nightforce rings are a problem waiting to happen. You should send them to me so you don't even get tempted to use them.

Love all the badger rings I've owned. I just picked up a pair of the Nightforce Lightweight rings on a good recommendation. Haven't gotten a chance to mount them yet though.

Badger,nightforce,is GTG..Ill never buy Near shit again..try to get him to replace a out of spec mount..

I have a nightforce scope on my 5R and I use Badger rings with a nightforce 20 MOA base. It is a solid setup and my rings didn't need to be lapped. Of course you can't go wrong with a LaRue mount.

I have had no issues with my NF base and ultralight rings with my NF scope

I'm sure a lot of the stuff out there is great, and there is most likely no need to buy some of the expensive stuff but, i was just curious what everyone would say. brand loyalty ect...

I just bought a NF 20moa base... mainly because the site i was on did not have a badger in 700 LA, but that saved me a little cash.

I like the seekins, for some reason i don't like the large nut that sticks off of the NF rings. I like the flush dual screws that clamp the seekins rings to the base.

But to each their own.

I expect the NF base will exceed expectations

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubXerO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I like the seekins, for some reason i don't like the large nut that sticks off of the NF rings. I like the flush dual screws that clamp the seekins rings to the base.

But to each their own.

I expect the NF base will exceed expectations
</div></div>

The big nut only compliments your pecker, learn to love it.

Put a base and mounts on my Savage 12 LRP from Ken Farrell Inc.
Excellent quality and price. Just one more vendor to check out before your buy. Enjoy!

Earlier i said i got a NF 20moa base cuz they did not have a BO for a LA

But apparently i was wrong...about several things.

Got a nice email from the place saying the NF was out of stock, but they would be glad to recommend the BO 20moa LA base.

I said yeah, thats great, did not see one on the website before.

They reply and say, they will give me 20% off BO base for my trouble....

AWESOME!!

win win