• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If it came down to it, would you stay and fight?

Gasitman

Out of work pan handler
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2010
Washington
Someone asked me yesterday if the man came to my house, would I actually go out in a blaze of glory, risk dying, risk my children not having a dad, etc. I really had to think about, but I said yes I would. I would hope my life being taken would stand for something. I also know my 15 year old daughter would back me if something happened. We have scenarios we act out if someone breaks in, etc. I am confident she would pull the trigger, the 14 year old, well she is more interested in butterflies and saving the planet.

My question is, when you have a choice to give up your firearms, or you will die, what would you do? I know we all can say we would, but really think of the consequences after, would you take the ultimate step knowing they are going to get your guns anyways?

Re: If it came down to it, would you stay and fight?

We have a drill in my house called operation swollen member. We lock all the doors and close all the windows and listen to rap music as loud as the stereo will play. We each drink 2 40oz bottles of 2/11 steel gravity reserve.

Then we turn on strobe lights and have a squirt gun fight inside of the house.

It's been a success for the last 3 years so far no injuries. Only a whole lot of pride lost.

We have a game in my house called "operation swollen member" as well, and it also includes squirt guns and alcohol...surprisingly, 9 months later, a baby shows up. Still haven't figured that one out...

<span style="font-size: 23pt">WOLVERINES!!!</span>
wolverines.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a game in my house called "operation swollen member" as well, and it also includes squirt guns and alcohol...surprisingly, 9 months later, a baby shows up. Still haven't figured that one out... </div></div>

That sounds more akin to Operation "Scandinavian steam hammer". THat's a recurring task in my house.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gasitman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone asked me yesterday if the man came to my house, would I actually go out in a blaze of glory, risk dying, risk my children not having a dad, etc. I really had to think about, but I said yes I would. I would hope my life being taken would stand for something. I also know my 15 year old daughter would back me if something happened. We have scenarios we act out if someone breaks in, etc. I am confident she would pull the trigger, the 14 year old, well she is more interested in butterflies and saving the planet.

My question is, when you have a choice to give up your firearms, or you will die, what would you do? I know we all can say we would, but really think of the consequences after, would you take the ultimate step knowing they are going to get your guns anyways? </div></div>

Big Daddy & Hit Girl!!!!

"Round here we talk just like lions,
But we sacrifice like lambs,
Round here,
Look, she's slipping through my hands"

- Counting Crows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gasitman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone asked me yesterday if the man came to my house, would I actually go out in a blaze of glory, risk dying, risk my children not having a dad, etc. I really had to think about, but I said yes I would. I would hope my life being taken would stand for something. I also know my 15 year old daughter would back me if something happened. We have scenarios we act out if someone breaks in, etc. I am confident she would pull the trigger, the 14 year old, well she is more interested in butterflies and saving the planet.

My question is, when you have a choice to give up your firearms, or you will die, what would you do? I know we all can say we would, but really think of the consequences after, would you take the ultimate step knowing they are going to get your guns anyways?</div></div>

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again."

Don Corleone

All the sudden, Maser doesn't seem so bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a game in my house called "operation swollen member" as well, and it also includes squirt guns and alcohol...surprisingly, 9 months later, a baby shows up. Still haven't figured that one out... </div></div>

grin.gif
THat made me actually L O L......

Don't know about having to "stand and fight, but I would definately have to stand(or whatever) and deliver.
THat's why I have three kids now.

Swollen member huh? That's rich.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqgysixP_48"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqgysixP_48" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Die for something or die for nothing... we all gotta go some time! If I have the honor to die defending my country (the real US, not what it's become) and my family then I consider it an honor. Not that I'm looking for it and most will get gotten by cancer or H1N1 but we can all hope, right?

LOL, where to start, not sure who I should make fun of first....so I'll leave you with.

WOLVERINES!!! Doorkicker is on a roll today.

Weapons can be had anywhere, you do not need a weapon to fight.

You do not need a weapon to kill, but you can GET a weapon to kill.

So would I stand and die for no reason? No.

Our country is past gone, there are very few that would stand up to defend, and until those few people get together, you are better off in operational planning and looking for those members.

They want your guns, sure - have them - there are more where those came from and any resourceful person will be able to find them.

Funny you didn't mention swords, knives, axes, or any other weapon that could be used to take a weapon from an individual.

People get too used to their possessions to realize that the mind is the best weapon.

Is arfcom down again?

well... im single. no kids. i got a bottle of crown in the freezer. someone one wants MY guns? lol, yeah, come on ahead

Two words.

Ruby Ridge.

If ya ain't done nothin wrong, what is the problem?
You will be outnumbered.

Maser with airsoft and Daisy VS the man.
Need the hot pepper vid first!

You have kids dumbass!!! If you're really that worried go bury some somewhere so if they do take them you still have some and can keep hugging you're kids.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a drill in my house called operation swollen member. We lock all the doors and close all the windows and listen to rap music as loud as the stereo will play. We each drink 2 40oz bottles of 2/11 steel gravity reserve.

It's been a success for the last 3 years so far no injuries. Only a whole lot of pride lost.</div></div>

Party time at this guy's house.

What you doing for Thanksgiving?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is arfcom down again?</div></div>

exactly my first thought when I read the first post...WTF is up lately?

The guy you work that asked you isn't the same guy that started the 2012 plan thread is it?

I love how BARFCOM always gets mentioned in threads like this.
laugh.gif

Stay and fight?
Why haven't you responded to the pepper challenge?
Won't cost you your life and you can clear 240. at the same time!

No need to spend a week saying "Would you like fries with that?"

Silly question, the fight shouldn't take place in your living room.
It should take place at the water cooler, than at the ballot box.
I fight it every day at work with folks who have no clue. That Glock weights in at about two lbs. The cop down the street weights in at over 200. He'd look mighty funny under a dinner jacket. LOL! Winning hearts and minds needs to be done here as much as over seas. Fight the fight at the courthouse not the living room.

Edited:
BTW: Last time I checked we're winning the fight!

obviously, if "the man" actually got the power to take your guns, then why the hell do you still have them in the house?

naturally there would be some kind of heads up that such a thing is going to happen, either pending / passed legislation that would be so highly publicized, EVERYONE would know it's coming, SO WHY HAVE THEM ON HAND?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wadevb1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the sudden, Maser doesn't seem so bad. </div></div>

(a), yes he does, and (b), not nearly so original as any of us would like to think.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BUE6Q_bQh20"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BUE6Q_bQh20" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I can't honestly know what I would do, talk is talk, and until words become actions it's just talk.

I would prefer that in a situation where the man is coming to get you, you're better off taking the fight to the man than to let the man get the upper hand and bringing it to you, where you're stuck in a fixed location, surrounded, and unable to retreat, resupply, or be reinforced. The prepared will prevail. Holing up in your house isn't preparing, no exit strategy, resupply, or reinforcement contingency. The people could win against the government through attrition and guerrilla tactics much like those being used by the insurgents overseas, however that's really oversimplifying the whole theory, and really hoping that the members of our military don't have the heart to fight their own countrymen. I don't think that local LEO and Feds (non govt military) stand a chance against guerrilla tactics and medium to long range precision fire. Nor a mobile mass of armed angry individuals that significantly outnumber them.

Now, would I fight, or lay down and comply. Can't be sure, but i'm sure i'll make what I feel is the right decision right after I look in both of my daughters eyes for guidance. I will never intentionally put their lives in danger for any reason whatsoever be it morally right, wrong or otherwise, but if you put their lives in danger, god help you, 'cause i'm going to make it hurt for you.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavScout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a drill in my house called operation swollen member. We lock all the doors and close all the windows and listen to rap music as loud as the stereo will play. We each drink 2 40oz bottles of 2/11 steel gravity reserve.

It's been a success for the last 3 years so far no injuries. Only a whole lot of pride lost.</div></div>

Party time at this guy's house.

What you doing for Thanksgiving?
</div></div>

Response on the book of faces.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't honestly know what I would do, talk is talk, and until words become actions it's just talk.

I would prefer that in a situation where the man is coming to get you, you're better off taking the fight to the man than to let the man get the upper hand and bringing it to you, where you're stuck in a fixed location, surrounded, and unable to retreat, resupply, or be reinforced. The prepared will prevail. Holing up in your house isn't preparing, no exit strategy, resupply, or reinforcement contingency. The people could win against the government through attrition and guerrilla tactics much like those being used by the insurgents overseas, however that's really oversimplifying the whole theory, and really hoping that the members of our military don't have the heart to fight their own countrymen. I don't think that local LEO and Feds (non govt military) stand a chance against guerrilla tactics and medium to long range precision fire. Nor a mobile mass of armed angry individuals that significantly outnumber them.

Now, would I fight, or lay down and comply. Can't be sure, but i'm sure i'll make what I feel is the right decision right after I look in both of my daughters eyes for guidance. I will never intentionally put their lives in danger for any reason whatsoever be it morally right, wrong or otherwise, but if you put their lives in danger, god help you, 'cause i'm going to make it hurt for you.

Branden </div></div>

Wow.... a serious and thoughtful reply to this thread.

What in the hell were you thinking?!? lol

You just reminded me that I forgot to mention that i'm only equipped with a blank firing adapter for my own adaptation of operation swollen member. So everything that i'm during during training is simply that...training. No live fire exercises at my house anymore. Plus side is that I don't have to head to supply to procure rubber rain coats or bivy bags.

Branden

you know what I would do?

I would rob the god damn schwans man. Cause that bitch has chicken wings. And I love me some chicken wings. <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LqpGiwNtMvY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LqpGiwNtMvY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Also I should ad.

I dont think anybody asked you this question. I think you posted it for your own personal satisfaction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't honestly know what I would do, talk is talk, and until words become actions it's just talk.

Branden </div></div>

Oath of Office

I (insert name), having been appointed a (insert rank) in the U.S. Army under the conditions indicated in this document, do accept such appointment and do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God.

Any more questions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't honestly know what I would do, talk is talk, and until words become actions it's just talk.

Branden </div></div>

Oath of Office

I (insert name), having been appointed a (insert rank) in the U.S. Army under the conditions indicated in this document, do accept such appointment and do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God.

Any more questions?

</div></div>

Define the enemy? If the government is using it's military might to force a end game like facism, socialism, or (insert bad thing) despite it's citizens wishes or demands, does it's orders become unlawful orders? That is what I speak of. The oath will only be used in an attempt to force the soldiers to engage in a activity that they personally object to. Doesn't mean that because they took an oath, that they WILL abide. I took that oath as well, if I was ordered to begin an operation against my fellow citizens that i'm suppose to protect that I had a deep moral objection to, it's not going to force my hand. I would still have the ability to not follow orders regardless of the fact I took the oath. Yes, there would be consequences, but perhaps those consequences aren't as going another route. For some living in prison is better than not being able to live with yourself.

Branden

P.S. Stefan, you're post stalking me again aren't you??? lol.

heres what i think they would send out maybe 2-4 sheriff deputy's to do a collection in every county . i would tell my brother to go out the back dor and sitt up the 270 in the wood. next i would sneek up on the roof and use my 10 ga and my neighbor has a small armory just about , it wouldnt be pretty but that would never happen . you dont tell people stuff like that man it;s like talking about ghost or uf's and trying to be for real lmao

Guns? What guns? I sold them all to some random guy officer. Whats that? You want my NFA weapons? Funny thing. I was just about to call you guys and report them stolen officer. I just found out they where stolen about 10 minutes ago.

Like others have said, a situation like that more than likely wouldn't happen overnight. I would be living in texas, montana, idaho, or whateverstatesresist fufilling my oath of enlistment under their army. Without a state support any resistence is futile, stop romantacizing it, your death would be for nothing and you more than likely would not be remembered except by your family.

Remeber, during the revolution we had the backing of foreign states against a .gov 3000 miles away that took months to get reinforcements. It was not a bunch of guys running around in the woods like so many people want to believe. Benjamin franklin spent more time in france as an ambassador than he did here.

If your talking about a martial law situation, i would have the SCOTUS ruling about the katrina gun grab printed out and would show it to them. If they still insisted; i would take names, badge numbers, etc and tell them I hope they are prepared to be sued until their rectums bleed from stress ulcers.

If it was a quiet gun grab; sorry officer, I sold/lost everything years ago and all my disposable income would start going to the NRA.

Oh yeah...WOLVERINES!!!

btw...watch more Defiance and less red dawn. If your not helping your community, you're fighting for wrong/selfish reasons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Some_guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and all my disposable income would start going to the NRA. </div></div>

WTF?????

What good would that do?

By then, I figure what they can find, they can have...; shame on me...

There's a lot of woods in this area. That has a bunch to do with why I live here now, and not in the Metro NY/NJ area like I used to. I learned a few things from Victor Charles.

I'm a lot less about face-up confrontation, and a lot more about loading the deck in my favor...

I figure when the Internet goes down, the balloon's gone up...

As everyone else, you will all condescend to the taking of your arms because you will only be that one crazy white man that they come for that particular day. You will do absolutely nothing because you will be locked in fear of what will happen to your family and you will peacefully watch as your arms are taken away. It will happen in this way because they know what you have. They also know that if you have advance notice you will be prepared or be gone. They also know that they can only do this one individual at a time so no one really notices except the liberal across the street who thinks about that one crazy white man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Some_guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like others have said, a situation like that more than likely wouldn't happen overnight. I would be living in texas, montana, idaho, or whateverstatesresist fufilling my oath of enlistment under their army. Without a state support any resistence is futile, stop romantacizing it, your death would be for nothing and you more than likely would not be remembered except by your family.

Remeber, during the revolution we had the backing of foreign states against a .gov 3000 miles away that took months to get reinforcements. It was not a bunch of guys running around in the woods like so many people want to believe. Benjamin franklin spent more time in france as an ambassador than he did here.

If your talking about a martial law situation, i would have the SCOTUS ruling about the katrina gun grab printed out and would show it to them. If they still insisted; i would take names, badge numbers, etc and tell them I hope they are prepared to be sued until their rectums bleed from stress ulcers.

If it was a quiet gun grab; sorry officer, I sold/lost everything years ago and all my disposable income would start going to the NRA.

Oh yeah...WOLVERINES!!!

btw...watch more Defiance and less red dawn. If your not helping your community, you're fighting for wrong/selfish reasons. </div></div>

My feelings exactly, I sold those years ago.

A piece of 12 inch pvc 6 feet long will hold an AR-15, a bolt gun, pistol, optics, ammo, and cleaning supplies pretty well. Sealed up with end caps and a generous coating of oil on the firearms, maybe a bunch of dessicant packs thrown in...... probably store them pretty well for a long time underground, underwater wherever.

When THE MAN comes calling for my weapons, I will politely apologize and inform them that THE EX and HER ATTORNEY took them. I will gladly provide addresses and directions. But don't go alone cause they HATE the MAN, and won't be taken alive!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keithtb1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When THE MAN comes calling for my weapons, I will politely apologize and inform them that THE EX and HER ATTORNEY took them. I will gladly provide addresses and directions. But don't go alone cause they HATE the MAN, and won't be taken alive!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Gotta grab a pen and write that down! lol.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Some_guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and all my disposable income would start going to the NRA. </div></div>

WTF?????

What good would that do?
</div></div>

He'd have a steady supply of brass replica 45-70 commemorative trophies and high-quality tote bags...

Plus, they'd probably give him super legacy ultimate patron lifetime renewable membership (junior class)

Branden </div></div>

+1 Perfect Branden

Tragically I lost all of my firearms in a canoeing accident earlier this year and had all my ammo with me at the time. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

My question is, when you have a choice to give up your firearms, or you will die, what would you do? I know we all can say we would, but really think of the consequences after, would you take the ultimate step knowing they are going to get your guns anyways? </div></div>

You really should step back and do a ruff draft of what you plan to post..... this is beyond stupid. You sound like a zombie theory person who hides in his basement every night.

There was a time when I dare not post a reply to anything remotely resembling the question offered in the original post, for fear of "putting a target on my back". However, as time goes by, my 1st Amendment rights have become as important as my 2nd Amendment rights. What good are your firearms if you have to hide them. They can have mine when, as our late Great NRA President once said,"They pry it from my cold, dead fingers."

Personally, I intend to obey the law. It is not up to me to pick and choose which laws apply to me based on whether I like them or not.

Look at the subject historically:

In Britain, they disarmed quietly.
In Australia, they disarmed quietly.
In Canada, they disarmed quietly.

What makes you think that it would be any different anywhere else?

Because for people with something to lose - a family and a decent standard of living for example - to resist in the way the OP proposes would be both foolish and futile.

For those who want to talk like lions, have at it, that's one of the things that the Internet supports so well. But I suggest that those quick to talk the 'cold, dead fingers' line have never been forced to make such a decision: to me it betrays a lack of experience.

People only obey the laws they believe in.

The United States Government ask me and countless others many times to take up arms to defend, an impose this nation's will an policys, on others. If they or anyone else thinks it's OK for me to bare arms for this country but not my own protection, their in for a wake up call.

I could care less about what other nations did myself that's not, American History. That 3% that stood up in 1775 is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 416barrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">heres what i think they would send out maybe 2-4 sheriff deputy's to do a collection in every county . i would tell my brother to go out the back dor and sitt up the 270 in the wood. next i would sneek up on the roof and use my 10 ga and my neighbor has a small armory just about , it wouldnt be pretty but that would never happen . you dont tell people stuff like that man it;s like talking about ghost or uf's and trying to be for real lmao </div></div>

I can't tell if this is satire or a real post.

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg