• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If online gun sales are prohibited...

bluegrasspicker

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2005
West Virginia
... wouldn't that make it hard to get good custom actions? I only bring it up because it's on someone's list of how he'll make the world a better place.

I'm also thinking of nice custom 1911s.

When we buy from a made in 'Merica custom builder the transaction is done online, then the object of our desires is sent to the local FFL. So technically that's an online sale, right?

I think we all agree that the proposed legislation is crap. I'm not looking to debate that.

I'm just wondering if it might be a good time to get my orders in on a couple of high-end 1911s that they don't sell at the local gun store or Sportsmans Warehouse.

You know what? Nevermind. Screw it. It is time to get my orders in... Haha... That was easy.

Still, I'd appreciate hearing others' thoughts on this.

I'd imagine most gun stores order their stock online as well. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt the guys from my LGS are making road trips to get their stock. This shit is out of hand.

Reactions: rancher5
theredphone.0.0.jpg

Politicians discussing this have no idea how this process actually works - they think buying guns on the internet is like getting a cell phone case off fucking Amazon.

Exactly.

I think what we're going to see has very little to do with ordering an action from Zermatt, and way more to do with eliminating the online sale of components that are not currently regulated (barrels, fire control groups, etc.) that enable the assembly of firearms from 80% receivers.

All they really have to do is outlaw the manufacturing or importation of primers because they are explosive devices and everything else grinds to a halt.

But if they really were to outlaw guns this gives them one less tool to divide the population and they wouldn't have to "protect" you from the bad guys with guns, so do they really want to do that at all. About like giving up racism.

If you are ok with any kind of online purchasing restrictions, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Whether it is an 80% lower, FCG, barrel, hamdguard or a firearm itself.

Plain and simple. For far too long we have dealt with " i support 2a, but...." bullshit.

Doc

... wouldn't that make it hard to get good custom actions? I only bring it up because it's on someone's list of how he'll make the world a better place.

I'm also thinking of nice custom 1911s.

When we buy from a made in 'Merica custom builder the transaction is done online, then the object of our desires is sent to the local FFL. So technically that's an online sale, right?

I think we all agree that the proposed legislation is crap. I'm not looking to debate that.

I'm just wondering if it might be a good time to get my orders in on a couple of high-end 1911s that they don't sell at the local gun store or Sportsmans Warehouse.

You know what? Nevermind. Screw it. It is time to get my orders in... Haha... That was easy.

Still, I'd appreciate hearing others' thoughts on this.

My thoughts: OP has too much free time.

There's going to come a time, I believe sooner than later, when honest, law abiding Patriots are going to tell the regime of criminals that are about to occupy our White House to GFYS.

Remember, they're thieves that stole the most important thing you can steal from an American and they have no right being there.

The government will do as they please, they aren’t going to be stopped unless millions of Americans stand together and fight. It might bring on a second civil war, but if you want change you have to fight.
As this is also very unlikely to happen because money controls our world and if these people quit to fight for their rights, they’ll lose homes, properties, cars, etc. so I see a country that will soon enough become an exact reflection of Nazi Germany

Reactions: Jigstick and BLEE
Ban online sales? I foresee The Shotgun News making a resurgence...

And a surge in personal (what do they call the things you can print out a part) home made garage guns. If AI can do it any skilled machinist should be able to.

It will be called not Black Rifles but Black Market. Happens every time the gubmint tries to take away something people want. Look at the success of the war on drugs.

The government will do as they please, they aren’t going to be stopped unless millions of Americans stand together and fight. It might bring on a second civil war, but if you want change you have to fight.
As this is also very unlikely to happen because money controls our world and if these people quit to fight for their rights, they’ll lose homes, properties, cars, etc. so I see a country that will soon enough become an exact reflection of Nazi Germany
"We pledge our lives, our fortunes, our sacred honor." Are there that much guts left in America, We shall see.

Reactions: Blutroop

I seem to remember some group declared their civil war started a couple years ago.

With all the shit Biden and the Democrats have piled into the first "100 Days" (which will take 2 years...) there is no room for all this legislation to take guns and ban online sales and all that BS. He has inherited a mess and fixing the economy and dealing with Covid will literally consume his first 2+ years..plus they simply so not have the votes to do this whacko stuff we are all afraid of. Will he try? Certainly. But it won't be simple or easy and they'll have to let it fall back on The Agenda or risk getting *nothing* done.

But the first priority for them is to undo Trumps EO's and get Covid on the decline and The Economy back on track. If they manage to get even 1/2 of that done it'll be Mid Terms.

VooDoo

I believe the left will implement their agenda, with lightening speed. I think those, who don't believe this, are very naive. The left are emboldened and believe nothing can stop them. Certainly, the SCOTUS has proved itself to be useful to them and the AG's office and FBI are very useful to them. Certainly, the rest of the world will do nothing, but watch the USA continue on its current trajectory, toward becoming a puppet state of China. I'm curious to see if the Patriots, civilians and military, who are the sleeping giant, is pissed off, when it wakes up.

I think the arms related black market will be very, very expensive, both financially and legally.

Politicians discussing this have no idea how this process actually works - they think buying guns on the internet is like getting a cell phone case off fucking Amazon.
Yes they do. They know exactly what they are doing and dont give a fuck becuase trampling on your rights is the goal. Dont be nieve.

With all the shit Biden and the Democrats have piled into the first "100 Days" (which will take 2 years...) there is no room for all this legislation to take guns and ban online sales and all that BS. He has inherited a mess and fixing the economy and dealing with Covid will literally consume his first 2+ years..plus they simply so not have the votes to do this whacko stuff we are all afraid of. Will he try? Certainly. But it won't be simple or easy and they'll have to let it fall back on The Agenda or risk getting *nothing* done.

But the first priority for them is to undo Trumps EO's and get Covid on the decline and The Economy back on track. If they manage to get even 1/2 of that done it'll be Mid Terms.

VooDoo
You actually believe this?

Hahahhaahhahahahah

Like they give a shit about covid or EOs that can all be repealed with a penstroke.

Its going to be a full court press and the nevertrumper idiots and moderates will get their shit pushed in like the rest of us.

I dont see how it could be banned as long as it goes through a FFL and a 4473 is filed.
ATF stops processing or slows background checks to a crawl, says they will prosecute any dealer who releases after 3 days. States who are POS stop or slow down ( my state its 3-6 weeks to clear background depending on city/county).

There is a 100 things they can do to restrict you.

VooDoo
Although I hear what your saying. Hd can sit behind that desk and keep writing EO's and doesn't need to wait on Congress.

And until someone becomes a test case and gets arrested, and it goes up to SCOTUS , lots of bad stuff is going to be happening.

First the Dems are going to push a lot of shit though if they can. They want places like arms list and this forum gone. I don't think its so much online sales they want to ban, but people using the internet to meet up and sell guns face to face without background checks.

If you are ok with any kind of online purchasing restrictions, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Whether it is an 80% lower, FCG, barrel, hamdguard or a firearm itself.

Plain and simple. For far too long we have dealt with " i support 2a, but...." bullshit.

Doc
This x 1,000,000

You actually believe this?

Hahahhaahhahahahah

Like they give a shit about covid or EOs that can all be repealed with a penstroke.

Its going to be a full court press and the nevertrumper idiots and moderates will get their shit pushed in like the rest of us.
He's one of those. Notice his insinuation that Biden will be "fixing the mess of an economy he inherited." Also, the plan for dealing with Covid is exactly the same plan that we're currently following, just stated as if it's their own.

There aren't many gun "regulations" I support but one is requiring 100% of gun sales and transfers/gifts to include a background check via an FFL.

Yes it is an inconvenience, yes it can be considered an infringement, and yes it requires paying some fees.

Fees that'll often go to a local struggling gun shop. Which is a good thing. We'll need them in business now more than ever.

And I don't think it's a bad thing to know as much as you can know about who you're selling a weapon to.

But rest assured, because the Senate was lost (thanks to Republican half-assery in getting out the vote and Trump not shutting is pie hole causing many people to vote blue out of spite), every single "ammo" and "reloading component" and "gun part" and "full gun" you can simply order online today will be impossible to acquire online by the end of this presidency. Certainly nothing will be able to be shipped directly to your home that is a component that is operationally necessary for a complete rifle to fire a bullet. AR components, no. Replacement barrels, even for a bolt action, no. Triggers for anything, no. Maybe they'll let you buy scopes... if we're lucky. If they even let you buy online, you will have to ship it and transfer it by FFL. FedEx and UPS will magically refuse to ship ammo to non-FFLs. And we will return to pre-internet days in 2A world.

Part of me thinks this is a lifeline for gun shops, but... they're all so small and financially weak that makes them easy targets to "get rid of".

• Angry
Reactions: rancher5
There aren't many gun "regulations" I support but one is requiring 100% of gun sales and transfers/gifts to include a background check via an FFL.

Why? It would be better off if there was a phone number you call, you tell them your selling a firearm to so and so, here's his full name, address, DL number. They do an instant background check, if they're good with it, they tell you he's approved, and here's your transfer transaction number to prove the background check was done. Can't be any simpler than that, and the technology already exists to make it happen.

The more hoops you make people jump through, the more you force it to go underground.

Reactions: jr81452
ATF stops processing or slows background checks to a crawl, says they will prosecute any dealer who releases after 3 days. States who are POS stop or slow down ( my state its 3-6 weeks to clear background depending on city/county).

There is a 100 things they can do to restrict you.
And yet they are able to do 25k extensive background checks in a matter of days to vet NG troops for having 'extremist views' for China Joe's sham inauguration.

Reactions: Edgecrusher

Yes it is an inconvenience, yes it can be considered an infringement, and yes it requires paying some fees.

Fees that'll often go to a local struggling gun shop. Which is a good thing. We'll need them in business now more than ever.

And I don't think it's a bad thing to know as much as you can know about who you're selling a weapon to.

But rest assured, because the Senate was lost (thanks to Republican half-assery in getting out the vote and Trump not shutting is pie hole causing many people to vote blue out of spite), every single "ammo" and "reloading component" and "gun part" and "full gun" you can simply order online today will be impossible to acquire online by the end of this presidency. Certainly nothing will be able to be shipped directly to your home that is a component that is operationally necessary for a complete rifle to fire a bullet. AR components, no. Replacement barrels, even for a bolt action, no. Triggers for anything, no. Maybe they'll let you buy scopes... if we're lucky. If they even let you buy online, you will have to ship it and transfer it by FFL. FedEx and UPS will magically refuse to ship ammo to non-FFLs. And we will return to pre-internet days in 2A world.

Part of me thinks this is a lifeline for gun shops, but... they're all so small and financially weak that makes them easy targets to "get rid of".

Dislike.

Why? It would be better off if there was a phone number you call, you tell them your selling a firearm to so and so, here's his full name, address, DL number. They do an instant background check, if they're good with it, they tell you he's approved, and here's your transfer transaction number to prove the background check was done. Can't be any simpler than that, and the technology already exists to make it happen.

The more hoops you make people jump through, the more you force it to go underground.

Because just like mail-in voting where there's no face to the name, there's no REAL way the second party on this "phone call" is the transferee.

If the transferee must be present at a gun shop to accept their purchase, a human is matching face to ID. Less "easily" (or likely to be) gamed.

This also further legitimizes the necessity and importance of guns shops. I am not calling in my deer tag here... I'm selling a firearm.

And you could argue... let's do it by app and require new photos to be sent in. Who's going to look at that? And that just creates some e-database of names and photos and guns. Or you just go to the gun shop, it gets handled like any FFL-transfer, and you submit the bare minimum.

Sometimes it's good to have human interaction...

Because just like mail-in voting where there's no face to the name, there's no REAL way the second party on this "phone call" is the transferee.

If the transferee must be present at a gun shop to accept their purchase, a human is matching face to ID. Less "easily" (or likely to be) gamed.

This also further legitimizes the necessity and importance of guns shops. I am not calling in my deer tag here... I'm selling a firearm.

And you could argue... let's do it by app and require new photos to be sent in. Who's going to look at that? And that just creates some e-database of names and photos and guns. Or you just go to the gun shop, it gets handled like any FFL-transfer, and you submit the bare minimum.

The face to face human interaction is between the seller and buyer. I'm not talking about an initial sales agreement via phone call, newspaper ad, or the internet.

Most responsible people have no desire to sell a firearm to a felon, or someone that's not authorized. If they know the guy is a felon to begin with, and still want to proceed with the sale, at that point do you think extra laws in place will be followed?

I'll give you an example of the problem we faced here in rural Colorado when the State passed a law saying all transfers have to go through an FFL. Initially most FFLs refused to do the transfer unless the firearm was originally sold by them. That forced many people to either drive a long distance to an FFL that would do the transfer, or just say screw it, and sell it without going through the dealer. Our County Sheriff said in a newspaper article, just drive across the border to the adjoining State to do the transfer, so that way you conduct the transfer legally.

Reactions: jr81452

VooDoo
I read all of this as a sarcastic post... Hopefully it was intended that way. No way you can be serious.

And we found another liberal.

If I want to gift my son, wife, daughter or any family member, I dont need to pay a fee. If I check someone else's credentials and do a bill of sale, no need for a BG check.

All they do is let the ATF know what weapons are going where. Period.

Doc

It’s not just gun sales. It’s ALL gun parts and ammo.
Need a new trigger for your AR? Gotta buy from a store in person. Need ammo? You get what’s available on the shelf at said store, 1 box per week.
Etc etc

Thanks, guys. OP here. While Theis's red telephone gives me some measure of comfort, I think I'm just going to order my Forever 1911s this week.

Much Appreciated!

He's one of those. Notice his insinuation that Biden will be "fixing the mess of an economy he inherited." Also, the plan for dealing with Covid is exactly the same plan that we're currently following, just stated as if it's their own.
For real. Going into 2020 Trump has the Economy fucking roaring. We couldn't find enough people or pay enough the Job market was so hot. He was a 100% lock to get reelected. Highest approval ratings from miniorites for any Republican president in last 80 years. Best Job numbers for minorities and even got criminal justice reform passed. People from the left started working with him and they just couldnt have that, as that destroys their narrative of him being some evil racist biggot who doesn't know anything.

And coincidentally the Chicoms release a bio weapon right before the election, while the media, nevertrumpers, and left blame Trump 24/7 for something he has zero to do with. The same assholes who were calling him a racist and xenophobe for trying to shut down transportation in January 6 months later were blaming him for not doing anything fast enough. Typical hypocrite bullshit you get from the left and these nevertrump disgraceful excuses for Americans. Modern Day Benedict Arnorlds.

But Slow Joe who wants to increase taxes, regulations, get us back into the TPP and green deals that will cost us trillions all while helping the technocrats destroy the constitution is going to fix the economy? Yea as he lets in millions of more illegals who will consume resources and take jobs from Actual Americans and overwhelm our already taxed infrastructure. As he sends more jobs overseas that will surely boost the economy. Its not like there are strategic national implications of being able to manufacture items domestically or anything.

The Same technocrats who have gotten massively more wealthy while the entire world economy came to a halt and millions of people lost their jobs..........Maybe this is not all a coincidence. Guys like bill gates spending billions around the world through foundations testing immunizations all over the globe and saying a global pandemic will wipe out half the planet,ect.

1610952626486.png

Yea its all a coincidence and Orange man bad. Its not possible all of this was planned from the beginning to not only destroy the US Economy and make it vulnerable to outside influence, but take down trump and massively increase the new worth and power for these people. The same assholes who helped suppress election fraud evidence and have deleted any proof systematicly from all social media platforms. We all saw the raw footages before they were deleted and relegated to offshore hosts that 99.9% of Americans don't even know exist.

Yea its all just a coincidence. Amazingly when SARS hit during the Obama Admin nothing was shut down and you barley heard about it outside some pig virus shit on nightly news when nothing else was going on. A virus that was more deadly and just as contagious.

Regular Americans are fighting to keep from going homeless and all these fucks are just getting wealthier and more powerful. And these idiots still think Trump is the problem when he is the ONLY thing that has stood between America and the Enemy for the last 4 years.

WAKE THE FUCK UP.

How much does shareblue pay you to make these accounts and post this bullshit?

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
And yet they are able to do 25k extensive background checks in a matter of days to vet NG troops for having 'extremist views' for China Joe's sham inauguration.
They arent doing BCG"s. I worked the Obama Inaguration (well before i got sent home early for making a joke that Greaseman said a few decades earlier). Everyone in uniform has already had an OPM/DOD background check with atleast national database search.

Well at least all the morons on the left side of the isle think that and likely 50 % on the right side. Stupid assholes - once they realize it dont they will calm down. That isnt the biggest problem - 100% of the population believes this shit that the poli's tell them without any researching themselves.

You'd still be able to have your LGS order whatever you wanted. It would just raise prices because there'd be less competition and alot of online vendors keeps costs down by not having a brick and mortar.

As the world revolves around the internet, I would think that most (99%) wholesale purchases are made via the internet. There are no more purchase orders mailed, there are very few customer representatives waiting to take you calls.

This would effectively destroy the firearm industries.

PS Don't bet that this also won't include parts and accessories.

VooDoo
Biden wont last a year and it will be Cameltoe's first agenda to disarm America to serve her Communist masters.