• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes If only one optic which one would you get?

Opiy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
I was curious which optic choice out of Aimpoint, EOTech, and Trijicon.

Which did you pick and why would you have it over the others?

I was leaning more toward Aimpoint.

I was going to make this a poll but I couldn't figure out how.

Re: If only one optic which one would you get?

For what purpose?
For what platform?
For what range?

All you mentioned are good but the above needs to be addressed as there are some that work better than others for a specific purpose.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For what purpose?
For what platform?
For what range?

All you mentioned are good but the above needs to be addressed as there are some that work better than others for a specific purpose.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

Your answer was more diplomatic than mine.

After reading the initial post, my answer was simply going to be, "Yes"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For what purpose?
For what platform?
For what range?

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

I suppose your right. It was a broad question but I assumed it was mostly used in close target acquisition.

Purpose - Close target shooting, fast acquiring, multiple targets.
Platform - AR 15/M4
Range - say 50 Yards MAX

Which Trijicon? ACOG, Accupoint, TriPower or Doctor?

I use an Aimpoint M2 for CQB shooting. However it's going to be subjective. The Aimpoint has the edge when it comes to battery life and durability but some prefer the reticle on the EOtech. The Tripower doesn't need batteries due to the other illum options. The ACOG is magnified so it gived you an edge at longer ranges.

With any of the 1x optics a 50/200 zero will allow you to engage tarets to 300 meters with almost a center hold (hold a little high for 300).

Try them and see what you like.

I perfer Aimpoints because of there durability over EOTechs, I have broken both, but if NV is involved, EOTech hands down, a flat piece of glass will always be faster than a tube.

ACOG, especially if your going NV.

At short range, I prefer my Aimpoint. If anything over 100 yards is involved, I use my ACOG.

maybe acog w/ doc on top? kills all birds with one stone.