• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you are coming to Richmond to the Rally

Not a Clue

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2019
Thought I'd post up some things to know or be aware of while here.

First, and foremost, if you are from another State, Welcome to Virginia, we appreciate all you are doing to try and help us, so I personally thank you.

There are two counties that surround the city, Henrico and Chesterfield. Both are 2A friendly so please stay in hotels and eat in restaurants in those or any other county in your travels. Downtown Richmond has a lot of places to eat and drink, a number of them are anti-2A so please don't contribute to their businesses.

The Capital is at a couple major interstates/roads. It's East of I-95 by a block or so. West of I-95 is a lot of food and a lot of violence and crime. Stay away from that area if you can. The other major road is Broad St. It cuts east and west and the Capital is south of it. Cross over that into the northern side and crime goes up. Getting over by the Colesium and Convention Center, it starts to get a little rough, just keep a sharp eye out, head on a swivel.

They say the Capital grounds will be able to hold 10,000 people. If you plan to come unarmed, you can get in there, as well as actually go into the Captial, I believe (unless they have changed that). If you plan to retain your firearms, there is 9th Street, which is where you will be allowed to be. The VCDL has upgraded the speaker system so they are going to make sure if you are on 9th St., then you should be able to hear all the speakers.

Stay safe, let's enjoy the fellowship and represent our position unified.

I wish you all safe travels.

Perhaps others from the area have more details or suggestions. If anyone needs to know anything or needs help while in the area, please post it here and us locals will see if we can answer it for you.

A couple more thoughts....

If you want to go to a gun range, there's Colonial Shooting Academy on Broad St., near Horsepen Rd. It's very nice, in Henrico County, and it's about 6 miles east of the Capital. There's also Green Top Shooting Range in Hanover County, just north of the city. Takes about 15 minutes up I-95 to get to it. It's across the street from a Bass Pro Shop, so there's that too. Hanover County is very 2A friendly as well and more rural. Great place to live. If you want to shop, Green Top Hunting and Fishing (a couple miles from the range) is a big store with a lot of stuff, a LOT of gun stuff as well. It's not a chain but it's a big ass store.

Both of those are indoor ranges and have some limits on rifles, mainly the ammo used. You can bring your own ammo but it can't be magnetic for rifle rounds.

As I think of more stuff to do, I'll post it.

EDIT- The Green Top Shooting Range was a range called "Winding Brook Indoor Shooting Range" until about 3 months ago, so if you can't find it on your phone or GPS, look for Winding Brook, or just go to Bass Pro Shop and look across the street.

Last edited:
I would go into downtown Richmond, walk in the restaurants and stores and ask them what they think about 2a and people carrying... If they werent genuine and pro 2a i'd be like " Well I wont shop here, good luck losing business". Probably would feel almost as good as shit posting on the internet. :LOL::ROFLMAO:.

Penny Lane pub is anti-2A if I remember right. It’s a few blocks from the Capital.

Would be great if someone posted in front of each of the anti 2a businesses and warned others. Just held a sign stating to not eat there, "this business is anti-2A". Would be a good use of time considering how much money will be spent by our crowed.

Good luck everyone, we'll be praying for you.

If anyone runs across someone doing a live stream, post it up for the rest of is shmucks that couldn't make it.

Just came back from the Capital grounds. They have all the fencing and security checkpoints up. I disarmed and went through the checkpoint to be able to walk around the grounds and get the feel of it all. They have the steps of the Capital blocked off. Previously, events were held at the bottom of the steps. Not this time. It's about 1/2 of the back grounds fenced in, where the people will be allowed. Will 10,000 people fit there? Maybe, but it'll be tight. Taking the speaking platform off the steps, means it's going to get pushed down to the Bell Tower, I'm guessing. That will NOT be good. That is right at the corner of the lot, and it's small. I'm sure they did that on purpose to make it look much smaller than it will be, denying the imagary of the people on the steps.

They have two entrances, one on Bank Street and one on 9th Street. On Bank, there was only one station and it was occupied. Handheld scanners were used, empty pockets into tubs. The one on 9th Street is a bank of inspection stations, maybe 15 or so. I don't know if the one on Bank St. will shut down on Monday or stay open, but it looks like they want everyone going through the one on 9th St.

As I walked up and was emptying my pockets, I informed then I was wearing a holster but I was not armed and I let them lift my jacket and shirt. They appreciated that and then asked me what I normally carry. We stood there and had a discussion about Sig pistols for a few minutes. They were fantastic and very polite. I believe their only fears for Monday were outside groups coming in wishing to do harm.

They have a row of about 20 port-a-potty's on the street. Seemed like no where near enough for the people expected but I'm not up on my potty to people ratios.

It's blowing up the radio this morning how there's now a National Alert issued by the FBI and a lot of businesses in the city of Richmond and not going to open, which is actually good, since few want us there in the first place.

They told me the roads would be closed all around it to allow for people carrying to fill the streets.

This is from the top of the steps of the Capital. The gathering point is on the other side of the fence there. Just to the right of the lightpost, there's a round fountain, follow that sidewalk straight up and to the right a little and that's the Bell Tower. That's not a huge area.

IMG_5423.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5421.JPG
    IMG_5421.JPG
    812.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5417.JPG
    IMG_5417.JPG
    811.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5422.JPG
    IMG_5422.JPG
    558.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5414.JPG
    IMG_5414.JPG
    538.5 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: MCHOG and ewoaf
My thoughts are known, but I must be realistic. This is happening.

My only overwhelming concern is for the welfare and safety of the legitimate participants.

Be smart, be safe, and be confident.

Best fortune in your endeavors, and may your outcomes all be positive.

Greg Langelius

Last edited:
While I "want" this all to go along good, safe, productive, and effective,,,,, I am wary of others who're dissenters for dissent sake.

Be like that "young man" whom stood and smiled at adversity. He's been redeemed, and is constantly being 'even more redeemed' as events unfold for him. I truly PRAY that all you fine, upstanding, law-abiding individuals are able to return home at the end of the day, as you had left in the morning. With progress being made.

And your voices not just heard, but adhered to. May God Bless you ALL.

The word going out is that those protesting the 2A have called their protests off.

From what I'm hearing, the real threats are coming from out of state and they are coming armed with intent to do harm. I don't know who they are threatening to harm, since all the people there are 2A people. I don't know the nature of those threats.

• Wow
Reactions: Jgunner
Yes, welcome to the Old Dominion! Its a great state, some of the best trees in the country (seriously, we have more variety of hardwoods than any other state).

Anyway, what do you guys think is the recommended ROE if we see Nazis? My grandfathers fought against those bastards and I'm sure not happy to see anyone supporting them, or anything like that garbage. (And I'm sure many of these idiots have granddads and grand granddads that also picked up rifles to fight against this dark ideology as well.)

Just keep n mind, it’s not if something happens it’s when and how bad will it be.
10,000+ people, there is surely one fool that’s is going to provoke or do something stupid. False flag or otherwise.
Be aware of your surroundings the best you can, keep exits and cover in mind.

Be safe and best of luck!
Stand strong!

Anyway, what do you guys think is the recommended ROE if we see Nazis? My grandfathers fought against those bastards and I'm sure not happy to see anyone supporting them, or anything like that garbage.

I'd suggest that you just leave them alone.
There is a greater than 50% chance they are actors or other partisans that are paid to be there specifically to cause trouble.

Just give them a wide berth and laugh at them as much as you can.

Furthermore, if You are from Virginia, and you didn't vote in the last election, keep your sorry ass at home.

Look at the bottom of the linked lists. Low turnout means almost always blue.

I wish I could get a law passed that would prohibit pro-2A non-voters from panic buying stuff that their absence from the booths will get banned. The "You snoozed - you loose - eff you" law.

Last edited:
No excuse for low turnout and it makes me sad...but low turnout being blue...not as simple as that. Keep in mind we had ~19 Democrats run UNOPPOSED. That really makes me sad.

Even if the established Dem is a shoe-in, put somebody up and make them at least work a little and say a few stupid things in public...

I am from Senate District 2. Ms Locke ran unopposed again....but at least I voted...and wrote my own name in!

I do pray the day is productive and sucssesful in showing the resolve of the pro 2a movement but most of all with out any problems or people hurt there far too much of that to go around best wishes and prayers .

Y'all be careful up there. Godspeed.

Last edited:
What they taught us in Parris Island back in the 60's is still true and effective.

Don't worry about watching your own back. Watch your Buddy's back; watch all your Buddies' backs. They'll be watching yours.

Keep together, keep an eye out, and don't let the Devil tempt you. Many of the others are genuinely evil, and that puts them on the side of Hell.

Impulse is not your friend tomorrow.

Greg

Last edited:
What's up w/ ANTIFA siding w/ the *NAZIs?

View attachment 7228310

*I'm being facetious w/ my reference to NAZIs. :geek:
The Redneck Revolt has been trying to side with a bunch of the ultra right grounds. They have been telling them to put down their racism and join a PRO 2A group that welcomes all races equally. Both the Redneck Revolt and the John Brown Gun Club Members have been trying this for a couple of years now. Their mantra is anti-capitalism

Local papers are saying they are expecting 50,000 plus people. That's going to be a lot of people for 15-20 port-a-pottys :)

The things I read on this forum, I feel like it's going to be a good, safe event. Then I see stuff on Facebook and it causes me quite a bit of alarm. People bringing gas masks, pepper spray, etc, grinders, cutters to cut the fence. Not digging any of that stuff.

If those people show up and do some of the things they are suggesting, then God help us all. I want no part of that.

Everyone there, including the LEO's all just want a peaceful event so we can all come home to our families. I had plans to take family with me because they wanted to go. At this point, no way I'm taking them based on the shit I've read on FB.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
Just wanted to take a moment to thank all of those that came from out of state to support us. There were a number of state flags from other states flowing in the breeze. It was awesome to see. It was a sad, but proud moment in my life. Sad because we have to do this but so proud to have the opportunity to stand with all of you and be heard. Once I got into the crowd, the mood instantly changed. So positive and supportive, people with gear everywhere, people asking strangers what that gear was, if they liked it, etc. Just gun people sharing gun people conversation. I didn't see a single negative thing.

Again, thanks for visiting our State, thanks for helping us fight the fight, and thanks for carrying yourselves with such dignity.

Very proud right now.

So we doing this again next Monday? :)