• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you could only own 1 gun for the rest of your life, what would it be?

rockin randy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2019

Mine would be a Remington 700 chambered in 300 win mag. Wood stock. Quality sling. Badger rings and light weight hunting scope capable of dialing up enough to get me to 1k.

Reactions: 338dude
Ruger Vaquero .357 Magnum.

81921cb87b63e33f115f2d30a9ea9158--camo-guns-gentleman-jack.jpg

1. Versatile.

2. Can be loaded to an extremely wide range of power levels.

3. Rugged and simple single action mechanism. Field expedient repairs with basic tools. Parts swappable with other 1851 and 1873 pattern guns. (Even more so if you got an Uberti/Pietta .357. Some Ruger parts are slightly different such as coil springs and separate spring-loaded cylinder ratchets, but other SAA components can be modified to fit in the Ruger frame.)

4. Black powder and smokeless powder.

5. Cast bullets from pocket size molds and equipment.

6. Concealable, yet long range capable up to 200 yards.

7. Big game and small game.

8. Reloading equipment can all fit in an eyeglasses case.

9. Can be drilled and tapped for optics if needed.

Conclusion: If limited to ONE gun only, .357 Magnum master race it is.

Last edited:
Model 7 in 308 load it down For varmints, 150s for deer/hogs/antelope, push 200 grains for bear or dangerous critters. Top it with a 1-8 lpvo and you’ll have a rig that weighs less than 8 pounds around 34”s long and capable of doing most anything in the upper 48.

Mine would be a Remington 700 chambered in 300 win mag. Wood stock. Quality sling. Badger rings and light weight hunting scope capable of dialing up enough to get me to 1k.

If it’s for the rest of my life and that’s all I had for any possible purpose or application regardless of likelihood, I’d have to go with either my:

DDm4 5.56 or SR25

trade space would be weight/capacity vs range and kinetic energy.

Last edited:
that is a sinfull question for a wanna be gun hoarder to think about one of each maybe but then they would be only one two is far nicer . not to mention the thought of two of ever gun makes me smile and my landlord cringe .

It's possible I haven't come across "The One" yet but of all of the shit that I currently have, have had or have shot I would still go with my mk12 Mod0.

Always figured a good AK would be the answer. Near impossible to break, accurate enough for hunting and defense, easily hoardable ammo etc. Not good for more than 300ish yards tho so maybe not the SH answer haha.