• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing If you feed them they will come!!!

EricF517

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Howell, Michigan
So I have 10ac to hunt in Howell. I have two blinds on the property, one for bow and one for gun. I had the intention of getting a food plot in but unfortunately I couldn't afford the tilling, and I tried that "Throw and DON'T grow." Yes I roughed up the soil and rolled the seeds. However, my pumpkins grew like mad this year and there is no way I would be able to make pie with them all, so deer feed. I realized that the deer were ANNIHILATING the sugar beets this year. After talking to one of the farmers in the Howell area I picked up these today

2012-11-16_13-46-48_667.jpg

My helper didn't believe me that after putting out the beets the would absolutely come in. So she brought her computer to work on her paper for school.

2012-11-16_15-29-24_24.jpg

By1720 these were in, and three more came in 10 minutes later

2012-11-16_17-28-08_554.jpg

Now this year has been the best year since 1994 when I started hunting for buck sightings. I have seen 7 different bucks this year, 3 shooters (which have all been out of bow range) so I am conserving my doe for after the late rut.

Re: If you feed them they will come!!!

Now, by God, you can tell her......."Woman, if I tell you a chicken dips snuff; you better look up under that wing, cuz there'll be a can of copenhagen somewhere!"

I guess you already know that you can be happy or you can be right..but you won't ever be both.

Post us a pic of that big mossy back you get, but with a little pumpkin pie in his mouth!

Good Luck,
Breeze

Breeze I had my neighbor spook a 2 year old 7 about a week ago when he came out to do some yard work. The buck ran away about 20 yards, ran back and grabbed a large carrot and too back off. I was getting mad that he just took off with a doggy bag. I mean everyone should know that you can't have take home at a buffet!!

his Greedy ass is going to get charged a lead tax. Ass, gas or grass; no one rides for free!

That's what I say about my hilltop buffet, too.

Breeze

Good idea and deer have a sweet tooth.

I am about 1/3 of the way through that pile. Going to go and get another load here in the next week or so.

Unfortunately, we can't do stuff like this in TN. It sure does show just how much they like those pumpkins and beets though.

Was out for the last day of shotgun, and there was only 2 pumpkins left. The ones in the truck were in addition to the other truck load that was put out. Going to keep them fed through the winter since I will be planting some food plots out there next year.

They found the sugar beet I threw out for the rabbits. The the little button buck went into the dog kennel and found my stash of sugar beets. I guess they are telling me that they are out of beets at the bait pile?

2012-12-26_15-12-31_292.jpg

2012-12-26_15-16-20_460.jpg