• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes If you had 3k or save scope option

paigecm

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2007
I have seen threads like this before but none are MINE and as stated before I am a very self centered bastard!

Looking for a scope in the 25x power range it will be used as a range toy on top of a new to me AXSA 6.5cm and 308 for steel. What would you get if you had to stick in that price range? Thinking of a used PMII or possibly a new "on sale" but not sure what else is right in that range new or used. It seems like 3k is kind of the in between of very nice scopes and the ultimate level of scopes so this would be option 1.

The other option is to sell another firearm or two and step up to ZCO or TT I guess. I should state that this will be my primary rifle. The only other range Rifle I have is a 300wm by LRI with a Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25 Tremor 3 and am pretty happy with that. Except the stock but that's another "I want" story...

It is almost my thought that since I have dreamed about having an AI and this will be my say crown jewel of shooting rifles. Why not maybe sell something else to make it the most it can be? Because knowing me I may always think about that next better scope. Kind of like my problem with rifles!:rolleyes:

I guess my fear is buying something as high as a ZCO or TT and my ass won't be able to tell the difference between that and the Mark 5!

A used S&B 5-25x56 can be had in the $2500 and up range, leaving you plenty of funds for a good scope mount and bipod.
You could also get a Mark 8 for about the same price, but it's not a popular choice and the resale value isn't as good.

If buying new, then you'll be in the low $3k range which makes it worth looking at getting a bit more money together and getting the ZCO or TT depending on which one you prefer.

Guess this is what I kind of figured I would hear. Not a bad thing at all and why I asked.

You can get a Kahles K525i for 2500 or less in the PX. ZCO would be my choice.

You will definitely be able to tell the difference between a mk5 and a ZCO. The turrets are a little nicer, reticle is better, glass is much better, power ring and parallax tension is perfect on the ZCO.