• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you had your choice...

Re: If you had your choice...

Agreed. Many talented builders, most have there own personal forms of canvas as to which they work their art on. Not to say that they cant do it all some can.

I am not into full customs yet, still running semi custom factory builds..
What are you wanting to build?

There are so many different options you can go with depending on your use for it. If your looking for military style some people think AI are the best, the you the guys that love GAP, Tac Ops, to name a few. That list can go on and on and on.

Are you looking solely for punch tiny little holes? Something you can drag through the mud and know it will still fire no matter how dirty it is. Are you carrying it long distances is weight a issue? Is it going to be a safe queen?

You can ask that question to 50 different people and in some cases end up with 50 different answers.

It comes down the person who is buying and the use they have for it. Only YOU can decide what is the best and what you want.

For me if money was not a object I'd say I want one of all but thats just me!! As far as if money was a issue, well to some people that means 1000.00 tops to others 10,000. Its all in the perspective of the individual.

I think timeframe is a bigger factor than money when choosing WHO to build. Most quality outfits are priced pretty close.

That said, if timeframe isn't a consideration, I choose Mark at SAC or Karl with Kampfeld customs. I know Karl and have seen several of his rifles. I've seen/shot several of Marks, and they are incredibly executed. Both have long waits.

6.5x47 Lapua, Bighorn Action,23" Brux Barrel M40 Contour fluted and melonited. It would sit in Ashbury Chassis and would have a USO 3.5-17 TPAL on top.

That's just something I would personally like to have. I probably never will because there's no where around here to shoot and take advantage of that round. At least no where close enough to justify building it.

Mark @ Short Action would build it. Great guy

$$$$$: Ashbury International ASW338LM

$$$: What Im currently working on! Bighorn SA, 24" Chanlynn .308, Mcrees chassis, SWFA SS 5-20

I would love to take the Gradous Rifles Gunsmithing Class and build a 300wm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: unincsmr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to take the Gradous Rifles Gunsmithing Class and build a 300wm. </div></div>

I'd venture to say that is a most wise decision. You can't go wrong there.

Money no object = Savage BA 110 in 338 LM
Money is an object = Savage Predator 10 in 223

Yeah I'm thinking definately a class III item if money was no object and the legality was no object. After seeing and shooting one though, I think I might go with Tac Ops. Like an Area 51 or something like that. However, I might just want to have a hide member or two build me a rifle. Or even better yet, I think I'd like to go and build one with them. I really love building these things and have done a few Savage or AR platform rifles with very good success! I'd just like to have an unlimited budget for the parts!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: n2turbos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If money was no object, who would you have build your next rifle?</div></div>

If it was no object I would buy the equipment and schooling and do it myself
grin.gif

But since that is not the case I will likely go to a local guy that was recommended to me by a friend...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If it was no object I would buy the equipment and schooling and do it myself
grin.gif
</div></div>

Yeah, I'd buy a shop, a CNC machine, etc, and build it all from scratch!

Someday...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: unincsmr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to take the Gradous Rifles Gunsmithing Class </div></div>

This

I got a new one on my list. Been dealing with Randy from R&D Precision The last couple days. I got to tell you he is a stand up guy and does beautiful work!

Bat single shot action with integral 20 moa base and recoil lug, jewel trigger (set at 12oz), Lilja barrel, one off custom stock with ar style grip and weight plate similar to mcrees, Nf 8-32 NPR-1, big beefy rings.

Lilja will be here in Jan, Nf 8-32 is sitting on current rifle, jewel is in current rifle, and keeping my eyes open for the action.

I don't know why, but I would rather single feed over mag feed

It depends on what you want to build , Roscoe is pretty high on my list right now .

I am still saving away and planing what I want to build ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: unincsmr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to take the Gradous Rifles Gunsmithing Class </div></div>

This </div></div>

Been there, done that, and it's even better than you can imagine. I'll be heading back for sure.

Sako TRG-22 in .260 Remington with the Sako folding stock option. A replacement barrel, 10 magazines and 10,000 rounds of corbon match ammo (practice & reload with the first 5K rounds, keep the next 5k for "what if" scenarios).

If I had the cash, I would go with Chad Dixon, Terry Cross, John Pierce, Robert Gradous, George Gardner, Derrick Martin, Mark Gordon, Gordy Gritters............I admire them all and would love to spend time in each of their shops learning their Voodoo!

But instead, I bolt together my own shit and look forward to the day I can retire and go to gunsmithing school.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigNoise</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If it was no object I would buy the equipment and schooling and do it myself
grin.gif
</div></div>

Yeah, I'd buy a shop, a CNC machine, etc, and build it all from scratch!

Someday... </div></div>
+100 on this idea buy the gear and build my own action run a McMillan stock, a kreiger barrel, either rifle basix or Jewell, as I have the tooling make my own bases and rings and a march scope

Money was no object.... become a mster gun smith and build my own.

Money no object....Get a new lathe and mill and build my own.
Money was an object.....A 700 project like I am doing now.