• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you have a swartz safety and are thinking rmr read here first.

Im2bent

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Jun 30, 2020
    So Pmclaine inspired me with his rmr thread to put an rmr on my KImber TLE II. I went with the Chambers Custom RDSM https://www.store.chamberscustom.com/products/chambers-custom-rdms-plate
    It is sweet looking. Sent my slide to their preferred smith for cutting the slide and installing these. 4 months later my slide comes back and it looks good. I mount the Trijicon RMR and it looks great. Put the pistol in its box and leave it. Decide I am going to go shoot it. I grab the pistol and go to rack the slide except the slide wont budge. Release the grip safety slide racks easy peasy. Hmmmm. Long story short cutting the slide left no room for the swartz to move and it was binding against the rmr plate. So the pin the grip safety moves up was jamming against the bottom of the swartz which was trapped by the plate and causing a friction lock. So I no longer have the swartz. So if you have a pistol with a swartz safety and you want to cut it for a rmr plate keep this in mind. Will call the smith and enlighten them as to this situation.

Last edited:
    Couldn’t test it if he only had the slide…

Joe is one of the nicest guys out there, I’m sure he’ll make it right any way he can.

I only have 2 Kimbers, a Micro-9 and Kimber .45 Ultra CDP II. Need to be careful with slide
    re-assembly so you don't shear the Schwartz pin off !
    Some background information on the Schwartz safety mechanism.
    Kimber CDP size compared with Colt Officer .45 ACP
    Leather & Safariland Level 1 Holster options.
    Kimber Series II Firing Pin Block Diagram copy.png

DSC00960 copy.JPG
    IMG_0023 copy.JPG
    IMG_4684 copy.JPG
    IMG_4687 copy.JPG
    IMG_9976 copy.JPG

Last edited:
    For all the shit Joe Chambers talks online about other gun smith’s work, the surface finish on that mount looks like it was chewed by a Chinese grandmother in a fucking sweatshop. FJC.

Interesting I may have to go the titanium firing pin heavy spring route.

Glass horses and and all that.

RDMS_Plate_1024x1024.jpg

Where are the posts that engage in the holes under the front of the optic?

RDMS_Plate_1024x1024.jpg

Where are the posts that engage in the holes under the front of the optic?
    The 2 holes in the corners at the front have the posts in them. They are a super tight fit in the rmr (not sure what the tolerance is heh). The little bracket in the front is where the iron sight dovetails into.

Reactions: 308pirate
    For all the shit Joe Chambers talks online about other gun smith’s work, the surface finish on that mount looks like it was chewed by a Chinese grandmother in a fucking sweatshop. FJC.
    He has a history of getting a lot of shit wrong.

Only two options with a Kimber. Don't buy it or disable the grip safety.

Reactions: Terry Cross
    For clarification this post was not meant to blast anyone. It was meant purely as an FYI. I sent an email to the smith and he contacted me and was like what the fuck why did you not contact me before doing anything so I could make it right. And he is right but I wanted to shoot the thing to try it out so I tore it apart. The funny thing is I never got to try it out cause it was freezing ass lulz. So one way or another things will be alright. Hell how many 1911 don't have this safety and its not like people are dropping dead left and right. And seem like a lot of people disable it in Kimbers due to timing issues anyway.

In lieu of 1911 style pistols with no firing pin block (series 70) or those with firing pin block (series 80, belt & suspenders philosophy) conventional modern 1911 mfg.'s employ a heavy firing pin spring combined with a titanium firing pin, which almost reduces the chance of a dropped pistol discharge to 0.1% or less, which doesn't interfere with the trigger pull mechanics / minor added trigger pull weight. Bill Wilson studies demonstrated 1911's employing standard firing pin spring weights, steel firing pin and no block could discharge with a 3 foot drop test.

• Wow
    Reactions: r.tenorio671
    For clarification this post was not meant to blast anyone. It was meant purely as an FYI. I sent an email to the smith and he contacted me and was like what the fuck why did you not contact me before doing anything so I could make it right.
    Funny thing is that the website link you posted has a warning/disclaimer at the (very) bottom stating it's "not compatible with firing pin safety or external extractor". I probably wouldn't have seen that warning either.

Probably just needs the blind hole for the spring plunger re-drilled.