• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you're going to get a speeding ticket, make it a good one.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Wonder what the biggest piece of the automobile would have been left at that speed if he had hit a solid object.....

Reactions: 338dude
    Was gonna say...
    I was cited for 167mph on the 15E in SoCal a bunch of years ago, cop was shaking like a cat on crack when he finally came up to my car window.
    Lost my license, registration, etc....took forever to get it all worked out.

It's kinda like this...
    high-score-speed-limit-4400541952.jpg

And I'm the idiot who, on my way to work in a business suit, the cop stops at 4AM (wooded area, no houses, crossing bridge over river) for doing 60MPH in a 50MPH speed zone going downhill on my motorcycle. He then runs my plates and calls for backup when it shows I have a CC permit. I really think he did it because I was on a YAMAHA!!!

My personal best was a buried speedometer . 76 Pontiac GranPrix , 350 with a little top end work . Blew by State Trooper parked in the median grass . His lights were off and didn't pop on . Figured he didn't see me . Bout 1-2 minutes later I see these 2 pin prick headlights and 2 big cherrys . Mother ##@$** started eatin ground up on me fast .
    So I grow a brain and pull over . Well Hell effin Lo it's FTO and a Probee . They take me out of the car at gun point , sit me Indian style with hands on head . FTO proceeds to tear my car apart . Even snapped cassette tapes in half . Probee stands over me with a gun in my face doin his best Michael J Fox impersonation . Guy is poorin sweat and nervous as fuck . Very surreal sitting there starring at this quivering barrel thinking wow this is how I die .
    All said and done FTO wrote me for 65 for " being a good sport " . Told me " slow it the fuck down , this stretch is a drug corridor " .

It’s a lot of times going to be the length of time of exposure.

You an mat the throttle on something quick, then slow down again and limit the risk by not being out of compliance for too long, or in a place that’s easy to monitor. The extended high-speed cruising will usually cost you big.

Buddy of mine was doing "well over 100" according to him in his ZR1 in rural somewhere(location not noted to protect the guilty)...

His laser goes off and he knows he's been hit HAMMERS the brakes slows down to 10 over and waits for the cop who eventually arrives.

Cop says "you must have a good laser detecter and known I got you because as soon as I pulled the trigger I thought you were going to come to a stop, you lost 40mph in about .5 seconds"...

Cop writes my buddy a ticket for the 10 over because he "never wants to see my buddy in his county ever again including having to come there to make a court appearance". I think the fine was $65 or something like that HAHAHA

My first and only ticket (so far) was a decent one. Got me for 86 in a 55 on a Texas country road. Was a bit worried because the ticket said to call the courthouse and make an appointment to see the judge. Thankfully the court clerk said I could just pay it online. $400 made me slow down a bit on that road haha

Got me for 86 in a 55 on a Texas country road.

There's parts of Texas to speed in, and im talking 30-40 over, and parts of Texas to not exceed the posted by even 1mph...

Any time out in rural Texas and you come into a city limit and the limit goes from 70+(on a 2 lane country road BTW) to 30mph... do not go 31mph... there will be a cop sitting at both ends of the city limits on that road getting people coming and going.

Back in 2000 or 2001, one of our NCOs at Luke AFB got pulled over for 200+ on his brand new Hayabusa. He was coming down the Mogollon Rim and opened it up on a straight patch to see what it could do......made national news for a day or two.

None of us could figure out why he pulled over--even the police helicopter couldn't keep up with him.

He went from SSgt to A1C almost as fast for that run.

ETA: For my own stupidity, after being stationed in Germany for ~4 years I went to Ohio to visit some friends. I KNEW that the area was famous for being a speed trap, but after driving autobahns and not seeing any traffic cops for the past several years, I totally forgot about it. I got myself pulled for 72 in a 45. The cop was cool enough that he didn't take me to jail, but the $450 fine in 1992 put a dent in my vacation plans.

Last edited:
    decades ago, leaving the then GF's home around 1am. 69 camaro rs. doing 20 over to the beltway. 20+ over on the beltway. then floored it to about 120. cop lights me up and i pull over. takes forever to come to my car. asks me what the rush is. i said look it's late at night, no one on the road, and i tuned up my car yesterday and wanted to see what it does. he says, well it does! takes another forever to come back to my car. he asks if i know the penalty and i said prob a very stiff fine if not loss of license. he says yes, but then agrees it's late at night with empty roads. ticket for failure to obey a traffic sign! so i'm dumb enough to ask how/where he got me. was following me at 20+ over no problem, but when i left him in the dust he figured he should check it out. he says keep it under warp speed on the way home.

Got busted last fall for 75 in a 55 coming down donners pass in California in a tractor trailer.
    I pulled over before he was able to get into his car.
    He said he was going to do a level 1 dot inspection instead of a speeding ticket.
    I passed the inspection, he told me to slow down and I get to keep my safety bonus.
    It was a good day.

There's parts of Texas to speed in, and im talking 30-40 over, and parts of Texas to not exceed the posted by even 1mph...

Any time out in rural Texas and you come into a city limit and the limit goes from 70+(on a 2 lane country road BTW) to 30mph... do not go 31mph... there will be a cop sitting at both ends of the city limits on that road getting people coming and going.
    This^^^^^, ask me how I know. And yes in most of Texas speed limits are only a suggestion.

Reactions: Mwalex and 338dude
    Few things I enjoy more than when I see law enforcement pulling people over for speeding. Personally, if you're going 30 over the speed limit it should be automatic go straight to jail, no exceptions. You should explain to a judge exactly why you can't keep your car around the speed limit

Same shit when I lived back in Virginia. Speeding tickets in this country are a complete fucking racket run by the state and their armed tax collectors (cops). Absolutely nothing at all to do with "safety".

This^^^^^, ask me how I know. And yes in most of Texas speed limits are only a suggestion.
    Sounds like Montana. Except in the Miles CITY area where the local Mountie likes to sit west of town on I 94 and catch someone coasting down that long hill.

Reactions: 338dude
    You'all stop? as a kid, pretty lights meant go fast, then turn. I came out of a grocery store to a kid drooling over my bike, his milf mom was standing there patiently while the kid asked me questions...He had his heart set on a first bike- gixer 1000, so I told him some stories of a buncha dumb shit I'd done over the years, and his mom was in horror...I then looked at her, told the kid I an telling you all this stuff so you don't do dumb shit like me, I was lucky to live...you might not. its not YOU who suffers, it'll be your parents, she smiled. and son, that 1000 is WAY too much for a first bike....

Few things I enjoy more than when I see law enforcement pulling people over for speeding. Personally, if you're going 30 over the speed limit it should be automatic go straight to jail, no exceptions. You should explain to a judge exactly why you can't keep your car around the speed limit
    You sound vaccinated.

I got a ticket for 57 in a 55 by the cop in Texas back in the 80s that actually made iT onto Johnny Carson show as the cop who gave out the most tickets in the US. He posted up at the bottom of a long downgrade south of Waco if I remember right

You'all stop? as a kid, pretty lights meant go fast, then turn. I came out of a grocery store to a kid drooling over my bike, his milf mom was standing there patiently while the kid asked me questions...He had his heart set on a first bike- gixer 1000, so I told him some stories of a buncha dumb shit I'd done over the years, and his mom was in horror...I then looked at her, told the kid I an telling you all this stuff so you don't do dumb shit like me, I was lucky to live...you might not. its not YOU who suffers, it'll be your parents, she smiled. and son, that 1000 is WAY too much for a first bike....
    This.

Had a brand new Kawasaki 750 and blew by some cops going about 130. Managed to lose them on some back roads but my asshole was puckered tight.

Thats why I stopped riding bikes. The power in that right hand was too much for my young lack of self control.

I got a ticket for 57 in a 55 by the cop in Texas back in the 80s that actually made iT onto Johnny Carson show as the cop who gave out the most tickets in the US. He posted up at the bottom of a long downgrade south of Waco if I remember right
    Very little of value came out of Waco.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    A friend came back from one our jobsites in rural New Mexico. The company pool cars were Crown Vics back then. He walked in Monday and told me he had official, written documentation that the Crown Vics would do 137mph. I asked "What did the speedometer say?" He said "D".

Thank you,
    MrSmith

This.

Had a brand new Kawasaki 750 and blew by some cops going about 130. Managed to lose them on some back roads but my asshole was puckered tight.

Thats why I stopped riding bikes. The power in that right hand was too much for my young lack of self control.

So true. I gave up the graveyard ponies after stitches and scars. Could see where that was headed.

The 2 stroke?

Thank you,
    MrSmith

So true. I gave up the graveyard ponies after stitches and scars. Could see where that was headed.

The 2 stroke?

Thank you,
    MrSmith
    First year they came out with the 4 cylinder. It was quick.

My best ticket was in a 97 mustang cobra headed towards Nashville from ft Campbell. Just crossed the state line hauling ass at about 130, and was slowing down. Hp at the rest stop hit me at 110 in a 70. $267 fine, I didn't tell a soul at the base, or at home about it. He asked if I'd ever been arrested, but was largely cool about it.

Branden

First year they came out with the 4 cylinder. It was quick.
    I can't remember if it was a Kaw or Yamaha. The early '70s 3 cylinder 2 stroke 750. Terrifying.

My best ticket was in a 97 mustang cobra headed towards Nashville from ft Campbell. Just crossed the state line hauling ass at about 130, and was slowing down. Hp at the rest stop hit me at 110 in a 70. $267 fine, I didn't tell a soul at the base, or at home about it. He asked if I'd ever been arrested, but was largely cool about it.

Branden

Used to take a shortcut to Campbell down I-24 while it was still being under construction. Saturdays, no crews, no cars, no cops. Had a 66 Chrysler Newport. 383. Stayed down around 90. The bridges and overpasses didn't have the approaches paved in yet so it was about a 2" hard bump to get on and off. I didn't trust the tires that much.

Thank you,
    MrSmith
    edited for CRS

Last edited:
    I’ve had three street bikes and at least 10 dirt bikes but as far as street bikes, my first one was a Honda 750 that used as much oil as gas eventually moved up to a shaft drive suzuki gs 1000 my last bike was a katana 1100

Stationed at Ft. Riley, I got busted in Ogden, KS for 3mph over the speed limit. That was in ‘94 I believe. Such Fuckery.

2002 I passed state patrol doing 165mph in a 55. He wrote the speeding ticket for 120+ since he didn’t know exactly how fast I was going. I got out of that one with 40hrs of community service plus court and attorney fees. I’m still not sure why he put a “+” on the ticket.

196661_17635972576_992_n.jpg

Here's the cure for that, This is what I drive fast and hard so I don't have the temptation on the streets. Few things are better than going over 80+ mph, an inch off the ground.

Never had a speeding ticket since I started racing at age 13. 👊 😁

A friend came back from one our jobsites in rural New Mexico. The company pool cars were Crown Vics back then. He walked in Monday and told me he had official, written documentation that the Crown Vics would do 137mph. I asked "What did the speedometer say?" He said "D".

Thank you,
    MrSmith

Crown Vics governor out between 134 and 140 depending. This is with the pursuit package.

The old Caprice was a sleeper. It would do 160-165.

Crown Vics were a huge downgrade for most departments. Chevy just couldn't figure out how to sell them.

Somehow I have no big speeding tickets. Eastern Montana is very forgiving, as I've averaged 120mph across large stretches. It's different when you know the road, know where to slow for blind approaches and where to hammer down because you can see everything for 20 miles.

nope, got tired of telling parents their child died in a car accident that was wrapped around trees and telephone poles because they were speeding.

To be fair, it's not simply because they were speeding. It's because they couldn't control their vehicle.

I've seen people do some dumb shit well under the speed limit and end up upside down or in a pole.

To blame speed for idiots killing themselves is simplistic and unrealistic. There's just people out there that should not be driving to begin with, yet we just hand them a license to injure the people around them.
    My SIL is this person. She rolled her last Tahoe at 35mph on an interstate last week. This was the 14th vehicle she has totalled in 10 years of driving. She's been suspended, can't get insurance, and somehow they keep letting her out of jail time because "she has kids at home and is a single mother".

Boot Licker.

I hope you enjoy your slavery and servitude.

Please keep taking your "boosters" regularly.

Boot Licker.

I hope you enjoy your slavery and servitude.

Please keep taking your "boosters" regularly.
    if speeders just took themselves out seeking to get first place on the darwin awards, that would be one thing. There's more efficient methods to unalive oneself without depriving law enforcement, medical, and fire department resources from the community that could have been spent on someone that actually needs those services.

Call me a bootlicker, whatever you want because I want the speeds heavily enforced. I've cut too many people out of cars and told too many families that loved one passed away because they were speeding.

View attachment 8095531

Here's the cure for that, This is what I drive fast and hard so I don't have the temptation on the streets. Few things are better than going over 80+ mph, an inch off the ground.

Never had a speeding ticket since I started racing at age 13. 👊 😁
    I run one of those, but in the 206 class. I only get to about 50mph, but on a tight little spring track, 2.5 to 3g's in the corners is a bunch of fun.

I started autocrossing when I was 16, and that really kept me calmer on the streets during racing season. I got most of my tickets during the off season when I didn't have an outlet.

Branden

Reactions: 101st and ColinW
    if speeders just took themselves out seeking to get first place on the darwin awards, that would be one thing. There's more efficient methods to unalive oneself without depriving law enforcement, medical, and fire department resources from the community that could have been spent on someone that actually needs those services.

Call me a bootlicker, whatever you want because I want the speeds heavily enforced. I've cut too many people out of cars and told too many families that loved one passed away because they were speeding.

That's at best a straw man argument for the insane huge racket that is bandits with badges trying their best to get easy money off the taxpayer.
    Everybody intelligent KNOWS that speeding tickets are ALL about MONEY and NOTHING else.
    (even the news was forced to report on city managers threatening police they better get out there and write tickets for the city budget or else).

Even the way the "police" if I can call bandits with badges that with a straight face, "enforce" speed limits is pure MONEY driven Greed.

Try going to other countries where speed limits are actually about keeping the roads safe and not money.
    NO hidden cops hiding in the bushes like monkeys with speed readers, no hiding out in dangerous blind corners trying to get someone.
    NOPE big huge signs on the side of the road letting you know speed cameras and speed check up ahead, Big painted lines on the road letting you know you are in a speed enforcement zone. Flashing light letting you know a new speed checkpoint has been setup.
    If you are dumb enough to miss all those, sure you deserve a ticket.

If it wasn't about money why would the stupid police be all pissy about folks warning others of the police ahead and telling them to slow down? Isn't that even more effective and helps prevent bad accidents when someone sees the lurking bandits with badges and slams on their brakes?
    The police should hail such citizen help instead of trying to brutalize anyone that does, even when the courts ruled it is clearly an expression of free speech.

Most speed limits are set WAY too low, on purpose so when money is needed they can trap folks.

the "harshly enforced" B.S. states like VA, it's just about getting even more money with a smug B.S. coat of self righteousness.

I've driven the roads for decades in plenty of traffic and almost never see any accidents caused by speeding, most are actually caused by being dumbass and doing stupid, insane things on the road, but to the police bother with those? Nope, no money in it.
    Then of course there is all the stupidity of things caused by terrible road design or stupid construction setups, but nobody cares about that because the state isn't going to get money from itself.

I got pulled over in Montana at 100 in my 73 240Z that was bone stock. I had just bought It, did breaks and tie rods. I took this picture just before seeing the trooper. I was running paper tags and dammed glad he did not ask about the camera in the front seat.
    4D2D4184-AE51-4083-9FA5-ED764A272F80.jpeg

The trooper let me go with a warning after I told him that my Speedo was whacked and that I was pacing the car before me. He was much more interested in a duct tape covered cooler that I flew my tools ,carry on (could not do that these days), and once he was satisfied, he told me to fall in behind him and he would hit his lights at 65. I recall him looking back at 85, slowing down to 65 and then hitting his lights.
    After 2+ wheels and tires coil overs and an engine and tranny upgrade:
    680CCFBE-1165-44A5-B47F-8E6D6A60588D.jpeg

Later that day I watched John Elway crack his front bumper, on his new 500SL, on the landscape boulders in front of his Nissan Stealership(he gawking at my 240Z) where I was test driving the new 350Z convertible.
    93D205B2-9E99-4FDE-82B8-91B20722F077.jpeg

1st bad speeding ticket back in high school going 90mph in a 35 mph zone while street racing with my 1970 Barracuda. got my license suspended for 3 months. needless to say the ass whooping that followed by my old man was much worse. after that i was averaging one ticket a month for awhile for other driving mischief.he never found out.about those.

Miss those good old days. wish i was that young again.

That's at best a straw man argument for the insane huge racket that is bandits with badges trying their best to get easy money off the taxpayer.
    Everybody intelligent KNOWS that speeding tickets are ALL about MONEY and NOTHING else.
    (even the news was forced to report on city managers threatening police they better get out there and write tickets for the city budget or else).

Even the way the "police" if I can call bandits with badges that with a straight face, "enforce" speed limits is pure MONEY driven Greed.

Try going to other countries where speed limits are actually about keeping the roads safe and not money.
    NO hidden cops hiding in the bushes like monkeys with speed readers, no hiding out in dangerous blind corners trying to get someone.
    NOPE big huge signs on the side of the road letting you know speed cameras and speed check up ahead, Big painted lines on the road letting you know you are in a speed enforcement zone. Flashing light letting you know a new speed checkpoint has been setup.
    If you are dumb enough to miss all those, sure you deserve a ticket.

If it wasn't about money why would the stupid police be all pissy about folks warning others of the police ahead and telling them to slow down? Isn't that even more effective and helps prevent bad accidents when someone sees the lurking bandits with badges and slams on their brakes?
    The police should hail such citizen help instead of trying to brutalize anyone that does, even when the courts ruled it is clearly an expression of free speech.

Most speed limits are set WAY too low, on purpose so when money is needed they can trap folks.

the "harshly enforced" B.S. states like VA, it's just about getting even more money with a smug B.S. coat of self righteousness.

I've driven the roads for decades in plenty of traffic and almost never see any accidents caused by speeding, most are actually caused by being dumbass and doing stupid, insane things on the road, but to the police bother with those? Nope, no money in it.
    Then of course there is all the stupidity of things caused by terrible road design or stupid construction setups, but nobody cares about that because the state isn't going to get money from itself.
    Or, you could simply follow the speed limit and not worry about law enforcement. There's nothing you can say that will deter my celebration at another dumbass for speeding. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. At best you get a speeding ticket and a slap on the wrist. At worst, you kill yourself, or someone else. It's funny you mention other countries and their speeding policies. There's some European countries that if you go over 1 mph over the speed limit, you get a ticket.