• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IFM Rings

buskin

Retired USCG
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2017
Grand River, Ohio
Anybody using these rings IFM ?

The specifications, materials, and overall design look top notch.

I ordered a set for my Barrett M98B, so I will post up my impressions once I have them in hand.

If you have them, post up your experience with them and how they compare to other rings you have had.

Attachments

• rs=h_750,cg_true.jpg
    rs=h_750,cg_true.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 46
Not quite the same as the original ARC or newer rings, but similar. But then again, so are many other ring manufacturer models similar...

Got my rings and they are definitely a very fine piece of craftmanship.

The milled aluminum and stainless screws, lug, and pivot shaft are all top notch in quality.

Installation is simple, slide the lug towards the front of the picatinny rail and torque one screw, then place the scope in the rings, level everything together, and then torque a single screw in each ring - 4 total screws to torque.

The scope does not rotate when torqueing and the machining tolerances are tight.

So it looks like another quality ring option is available, just an FYI.

Not quite the same as the original ARC or newer rings, but similar. But then again, so are many other ring manufacturer models similar...
It's is a clear infringement of the IP( if it exists) Changing the location of the hinge and bolt doesn't mean anything. It uses the same method and principle to secure the scope.

It's an obvious rip off.

It's is a clear infringement of the IP( if it exists) Changing the location of the hinge and bolt doesn't mean anything. It uses the same method and principle to secure the scope.

It's an obvious rip off.

Since I am not a patent attorney, I'll let ARC decide if they want to pursue that avenue with IFM...

Primus, I take it you have never seen the old Leupold hinge rings, Adjusto Mount I think was the name, from at least 40-50 years back? There’s little new under the sun...