• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Iguana hunting outfit near Orlando???

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
Heading to Orlando in the next few months for a family vacation and want to do an iguana hunt/shoot while we are there. Does anyone have recommendations for a good outfit to use?

Reactions: serevince
Seems like a pretty legit game species. Maybe just wait until they go into brumation. Then sneak up on it like a trained assassin and cut its throat

Emailed trapper mike, thanks for the suggestion. If anyone has more suggestions I’m still interested. Looks like a good time.

One of my new favorite shows. They were shooting them with an air rifle, dog and a fishing pole with a loop on the end. Then they cook them up.

Hope you have fun. I used to catch lizards when I was a kid. For some reason they don't react when you poke them with a long stick. Has anyone else tried this? It's like their little reptile brains don't perceive the stick as a threat.

Hunt them? Aren't they just falling out of the trees from the cold. I think you can just sweep them up! haha

1675309526434.png

Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe did an episode on the Iguana problem in Florida. The state actually has a team that goes around shooting them with airguns and then grinds them up for bait. Quite the nuisance they have become.

1675345003586.png

no lizard or non binary trash collector will ever be able to see you coming till it's too late just dial up some jaws music on your phone and good hunting .

Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe did an episode on the Iguana Cuban problem in Florida. The state actually has a team that goes around shooting them with airguns and then grinds them up for bait. Quite the nuisance they have become.
FIFY

There's also some guides that do iguana hunts along the Lake Okeechobee canals.
Might be worth looking into.

Even a shit hunting trip is better than Mouseland