• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IL HB5855 - AWB, 10 round mags

CSGambill

Pureblooded.
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2013
Usa
I'm surprised it took this long to happen, but it looks as if the Illinois domino is going to fall. Illinois has introduced HB5855 it's version of the "Assault Weapon Ban. The bill would make it a class 3 or class 2 felony to manufacture, sell, deliver or purchase "assault weapons" or .50 cal rifles.

They will permit you to keep what guns you have providing you, within 300 days of the bill becoming law, register your firearms by providing the affiant's name date of birth, FOID (gun card) number, make, model serial number of the "weapon," proof of a locking mechanism that properly fits the weapon and pay $25. Can only transfer them to heirs or someone out of state, or an FFL, providing you properly tattle on the new owner within 10 days of the transfer.

The bill bans magazines larger than 10 rounds. No grandfathering. Class 3 or class 2 felony. Additionally, the bill bans "assault weapon attachments," which the bill describes as anything that can convert a non-assault weapon into an "assault weapon."

There are the usual carve-outs for LE, .mil, nuclear plant security personnel, prison guards and a few others.

Some other goodies in there as well, but these are the highlights.

In spite of the supreme court ruling just this last June, IL showing no fear is pushing this ahead regardless. No respect for the rule of law just push the agenda. It shows you that there are no ramifications for breaking laws or stepping on individuals rights.

What do they mean by any thing that can convert a non-AW into a AW? That supposed to mean full auto or something else?

I'm surprised it took this long to happen, but it looks as if the Illinois domino is going to fall. Illinois has introduced HB5855 it's version of the "Assault Weapon Ban. The bill would make it a class 3 or class 2 felony to manufacture, sell, deliver or purchase "assault weapons" or .50 cal rifles.

They will permit you to keep what guns you have providing you, within 300 days of the bill becoming law, register your firearms by providing the affiant's name date of birth, FOID (gun card) number, make, model serial number of the "weapon," proof of a locking mechanism that properly fits the weapon and pay $25. Can only transfer them to heirs or someone out of state, or an FFL, providing you properly tattle on the new owner within 10 days of the transfer.

The bill bans magazines larger than 10 rounds. No grandfathering. Class 3 or class 2 felony. Additionally, the bill bans "assault weapon attachments," which the bill describes as anything that can convert a non-assault weapon into an "assault weapon."

There are the usual carve-outs for LE, .mil, nuclear plant security personnel, prison guards and a few others.

FUCK ILLINOIS.........

Reactions: Pbgt and 232593
When they round up all the illegally ”owned” firearms in the gang controlled areas of Chicago and other Democratic controlled urban areas of Illinois, I might consider that the politicians of this state are truly sincere.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Why do you think they have been shipping illegals all over the country? The Czar used Latvians because he knew the Russian army would not shoot peasants for long. They will build a police force with the illegals……………I believe Barack spoke of a force to rival the army.

Excuse me my tinfoil hat maybe too tight its made of mu-metal.

Rich

When they round up all the illegally ”owned” firearms in the gang controlled areas of Chicago and other Democratic controlled urban areas of Illinois, I might consider that the politicians of this state are truly sincere.
Exactly, they never mention anything about taking weapons out of the hands of criminals.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote

Well Oregon State Gov. is now Green with envy, outdone by IL. but in Oregon's defense, Oregon State Gov. always does everything Half-Ass .
You got to hand it to the Government mindset, It's a Win Win strategy, It's never ending . Pass Bills to remove your born Constitutional Rights, and if you practice your Constitutional Right that was just newly outlawed .You are charged with a Felony legally letting them remove all your Constitutional Rights .