• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IL, WI, IN...shooting Long range in the MidWest, any Winnequah or Young's LR members?

Mincer

JAFO
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
Hello all,
I'm based in Chicago... as you may know, there are not a lot of good long range shooting options in the area. The facilities that are closer to my home (within 1.5hours) are either treading water to stay in business (recruiting tons of members and dropping lots of supplimental fees and special assessments on the noobs) or have very strict regulations like limiting you to 1 round, hand loaded for every shot on a centerfire rifle. While I undersand that safety is paramount, I purchased a magazine fed semi-auto rifle for quick follow up shots and convenience. The "one at a time" rule feels like joining a long range swimming club and being told that you have to get out of the pool after every lap.
That said, I just want to be able to lie down on my gun for an hour or two, point it downrange at steel and pull the trigger. I'm not opposed to paying a one time fee or driving 2-3 hours to get there, which seems to be the case with both Winnequah Gun Club in Lodi, WI and Young's Long Shot in Woodruff, IN. Any current or former members out there that can share their experience with either. Anyone know of any other options within 150 miles of Chicago?
Thank you for reading!