• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Illinois assault weapons ban questions

M4sniperz

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2014
So Pat Quinn is wanting to ban "assault weapons" and "High capacity magazines"

My question is say the bill got passed can I keep my "evil" ar 15 and 30 round mags if I already own them?

Last edited:
No way to answer that until/unless the final law is written and passed.

Without stepping on the Third Rail of Snipershide...I swear everything north of US 30 should be its own state.

It might not be a political question if it can only be answered by the psychic friends network.

As if anyone South of I-80 will listen to that goof-ball anyways. Not giving them up, never planned to, and never will.

Last edited:
Silly Yankees and their gun laws.

I'm one of those guys who lived most of his life south of I-10, and am about to move to Illinois. I can tell you that the VAST majority of Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, etc are NOT yankees. It's the midwest: where people have enormous common sense, want to earn a living, shoot their guns, raise their kids, harvest their crops, and be left alone.

What skews the board is a few large population centers that have the power to drive the train in another direction while the rest of the folks get taken along for the ride.

I'm one of those guys who lived most of his life south of I-10, and am about to move to Illinois. I can tell you that the VAST majority of Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, etc are NOT yankees. It's the midwest: where people have enormous common sense, want to earn a living, shoot their guns, raise their kids, harvest their crops, and be left alone.

What skews the board is a few large population centers that have the power to drive the train in another direction while the rest of the folks get taken along for the ride.

Sounds a lot like California...

As someone who live just south of 30 in Illinois, I am not worried about this. It's typical for these things to come up and we always get them stopped.

Dam a crap is up to their old trick again. Vote the bum name Quinn out of office.

I'm over here in Larose,LA and there's very few places more south than that :rolleyes:

That **** don't fly here cause we shoot the wings off before it can take off.

They bring these same crap laws up every year. Sometimes multiple times a year. It won't pass at this juncture. The members of ILcarry are a very vocal and persistent group and the elected officials know to listen to them. However. It is IL ruled by the cesspool up north. So one must sray vigilant. As a former resident it does wear on you. But as long as they have tax dollars to fight with you gotta keep after them. They just throw stuff up there to see what sticks. Sometimes they get lucky.....most times they don't.

You'll need to read the bill and see what happened in New York, Connecticut, etc. Illinois is a fine state with the exception of that sh*thole and voting block in Chicago. I just drove through there this week from Ohio to Colorado, had to lock up my CC piece and hope that I didn't get bothered for having a suppressor on my prairie dog rigs. (legal in the endpoints, just not in Illinois). The real question is how long will it take for the governor to be indicted and sent to prison like the last 5 of 6 governors (some high percentage)?

It's the same bull shit year after year. None the less it stirs up quite an uneasy feeling in my hometown. We have Armalite, Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms within miles of each other. A large population is employed by them. All this does is put a burden on the families because if the bill passed, they would be unemployed or having to move out of state.

Careful on the "no politics" yall. Lotta people get banned for that and this is not a forum for trash talking about politicians. Far as I see it aint none worth the words anyway.

Try putting something like this in the Bear Pit next time.

Im dealing with the same BS here in Maryland. Beretta was getting ready to add on or build another building here but since the Ban they did it in Virginia I believe. Its great to see all them jobs get moved out of state.