• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Illinois Foid card renewal

Bradu

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
IL
I know we have a few Illinois residents on here, just wondering how long people have to wait before getting their new card? I'm a little over two months into it and it's still under review. My card will expire soon so I'm not too happy right now.

My hunting buddy is waiting for the 3rd month. His wife, who was a new applicant, got hers within a month. It’s complete bullshit especially since it was discovered the state pilfered the funds to use for their failed budgets. Mine expires in 5 months and I plan to renew soon.

Reactions: Bradu

Illinois Carry Forum with lots of helpful advice for Illinois FOID and CCL people. Molly B. personally helped me fix my CCL debacle where Illinois State Police used the wrong address on my CCL and sent it/registered it to the residence of a know Registered Sex Offender.

You can imagine how difficult it was to sort this out. Good folks at the Illinois Carry Forum.

VooDoo

Reactions: Bradu and Pbgt
I sent my renewal in on Oct. 11. 2019 and have not received it yet. MY FOID expired 1/10/2020. The ISP FOID Inquiry site has my renewal as processed and shipped. I expect to recieve after the MLK holiday. You can't expect much from the ISP in this renewal process. A couple of years ago, I had to argue with them that they had processed my son's FOID request but hadn't sent it. It only took 6 months and it arrived 2 days after the 3rd phone conversation with them to get it forwarded to him. The ISP office help isn't nearly as efficient as our state troopers driving down the interstate with a cell phone in one hand and playing on a laptop with the other.

Reactions: Bradu

Illinois Carry Forum with lots of helpful advice for Illinois FOID and CCL people. Molly B. personally helped me fix my CCL debacle where Illinois State Police used the wrong address on my CCL and sent it/registered it to the residence of a know Registered Sex Offender.

You can imagine how difficult it was to sort this out. Good folks at the Illinois Carry Forum.

VooDoo

Thanks, I will check it out.

All part of the game.
What they are doing to FFLs is another cluster.
Supposed FOID/Constitutional challenge is coming through.
I'll wager they'll play the delay game for years.
And they said Al Capone was a gangster...
I'll wager Mike and the crew have made exponentially more that Al's booze selling.

R

Call your state reps office, if you are downstate like me. If upstate, its probably a dem and they wont help.

You can't submit for a renewal any earlier than 60 days prior to expiration. If you do submit before then they will deny the application. They have 90 days to return the FOID if it's approved. Yes I I know that makes you a felon, but they make the rules up as they see fit. If you had an address change and didn't update your DL that will flag the application and it will be denied. The State is supposed to be moving more troopers into the FOID/CCL bureau to expedite things. I'm not holding my breath.

Word is a large sum of funds destined to the foid system never made it.
Thus leaving them underfunded and short of hands.
Could be another line of bs.

R

My wife just renewed hers and it took close to 3mo for her new one to come in the mail. The phone number they have to call in on is a joke too. I don’t care what time you try to call it always goes to voice mail. I talked to our local district state police and they told me there is literally 1 guy answering that line.

Talked to buddy that's a lt in il sec of state police, he sent me this:
Screenshot_20200118-151020_Message+.jpg

Cops won’t enforce unconstitutional gun laws. They are on our side. Don’t know what you guys are worried about.

Reactions: Foul Mike
Cops won’t enforce unconstitutional gun laws. They are on our side. Don’t know what you guys are worried about.

It is supposed to be valid if you are in the waiting stage but I have my doubts that a gun store will sell you anything. That's the part that bothers me.

I have an Illinois CCL and a FOID card and they expire years apart. Nobody cares to see my FOID if I whip out my CCL. It's always gotta be a pain in the ass in Illinois.

The bad thing about showing a CCL to buy ammunition is that I once had a chicky at the cashier freak the fuck out when I handed her my CCL for ID when buying cheap 5.56 on sale. She looks at my CCL and her eyes get wide and she says in a loud voice "Do you have a gun on you right now?"

Not cool. Manager sorted it out but folks in line are freaking at the mention of "Gun"...so now I flash the FOID if I buy ammunition.

What a pain in the ass.

VooDoo

I will try to not de-rail this thread but some humor is needed.
Quite a few years back I was Sanchez Claus at Woodfield Mall in Schaumberg, IL. and part of the contract was a nice % off any business in the complex.
Being from Colorado, that was a free state back then, I had no idea what a FOID was, had never even heard of it before.
One evening I went to the Sporting Goods store South of the Mall but within the complex to check out a Savage Mod.12 .223 for prairie dogs here in Colorado. I asked the guy at the gun counter if they had one and he told me,"Yes, would you like to see it?"
I told him Yes I would so he unlocked it and brought it to the counter.
I have quite a bit of hearing loss and didn't understand him when he told me something like,"I want to see your Ford." This didn't help matters at all.
I smiled at him and told him No, I am driving an old Chevrolet. I really didn't understand what he was talking about, I thought he had mistaken me for some Ford enthusiast.
He said something about me being a smartass and Security showed me the nearest exit.
I didn't even get to finger fuck the rifle let alone buy it with that discount.

Twenty-four years ago I had to travel to Lislle, IL for a AT&T training class. I decided to drive up, mainly because I got a generous mileage payment from my company. By mid-week I was terribly bored so, as soon as class was over for the day, I looked up a local gunshot address and drove on over to "be with my own kind". I walked in the door and the guy behind the counter (in typical Chicago-speak) says "How U doin"?" and I replied in my very best southern drawl "fine and how are you?" . Well, this guy goes APE-SHIT yelling and pointing at the door with a repeated "GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY STORE"!!!!!!!! As I stand there trying to understand how he could hate my southern drawl that badly a guy comes up behind me. I hear him say "it's your FOID. He has to see your FOID before you can touch a gun in here." I say "WTF is a FOID?!" Guy explains and I give him a kind thank you and head for the truck.
Well, not the end of the story. I went to my satchel, retrieved a sheet of paper, came storming back in the store and then slapped it on the counter for the guy to see. As he looked at my FFL I impolitely said "I'll buy your whole FUCKING store if I want!!!!" We got along fine after that.

Reactions: Wlmiles