• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Illinois laws about a sound suppressor

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
I live in Illinois and the way i understand it is that i can NOT own a suppressor. There is however PK forearms just down the road they have them on there personal firearms. PK is a huge AR parts dealer. What do i need to do to own one here in Illinois? Lee

Re: Illinois laws about a sound suppressor

Are you sure you were seeing REAL suppressors, not just fake shrouds?

The last time I checked they were illegal. I couldn't even bring my silencer equipped duty rifle in for some training at Blackwater (never did sign up for that class).

Just because someone else has it, doesn't mean it legal for you.
wink.gif

Re: Illinois laws about a sound suppressor

Skeet. I live in Charleston so first Hi. Flash suppressors are legal silencers are not in in Illinois. Why PK has them I don't know. I do know that they do have fake silencers for sale.

If you want to own a suppressor, you should probably just move somewhere more friendly. Illinois is a lost cause.

man this post is 5 years old, I don't even remember asking this. Pk does have a class 3 so they are allowed to own full auto and sound suppression. They had one on a ruger 1045 and it was cool. you could hear the action cycling and that was about it. Lee