• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Illinois Passes "The Purge" Law

Handloader

Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Lewisburg, Ohio
BLUF: "12 non-detainable offenses where the new law would end cash bail. The law includes second-degree murder, arson, drug-induced homicide, robbery, kidnapping, aggravated battery, burglary, intimidation, aggravated driving under the influence, fleeing and eluding, drug offenses, and threatening a public official......[the] Safe-T Act would allow criminals a pre-trial release for the crimes listed above."

Wow-just -Wow! That shithole of a state is going to burn.

burn down a building... then run from the police... if you do get caught.. you get immediately released.
What could go wrong?

Reactions: 338dude
Let's see if I have this right.

I could commit second degree murder and not be detained for it?

I say let's bait ANTIFA to hold a "counterprotest" on Jan 2, 2023 somewhere in Illinois. We show up wearing full Templar armor, heraldry, lances, sword, and horse. We reenact the November 25, 1177 Battle of Montgisard. The local FD will have to hose down the streets afterwards tho...

My understanding is you’ll still be arrested (if caught). Go to jail, get processed. Receive a citation with a court date or go see a judge to set court dates. Then, you’re free to leave. Please, come back for your court date and don’t do bad stuff, while you’re out.

All this law means is that people with money don’t get to buy their bail. There will be pre-trial hearings and folks who are dangerous or a flight risk get detained.

we should just tranque all the Whitetail deer in IL, move them to a different state (NC please) and let IL burn itself to the ground. The deer herd is the only thing in that state worth saving. maybe some pizza.

All this law means is that people with money don’t get to buy their bail. There will be pre-trial hearings and folks who are dangerous or a flight risk get detained.

That's some people's theory/excuse. Maybe... just maybe even their true intention. But reality is not playing along well with it.

"Consider: In New York City between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, 26,535 people were arrested for a felony. 69% of them, 18,239, had a prior conviction or a pending case. 4,062 of these defendants were released on non-monetary release. Of the 4,062 released on NMR, 1,737, or 43%, were rearrested while their case was pending."

That's some people's theory/excuse. Maybe... just maybe even their true intention. But reality is not playing along well with it.

"Consider: In New York City between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, 26,535 people were arrested for a felony. 69% of them, 18,239, had a prior conviction or a pending case. 4,062 of these defendants were released on non-monetary release. Of the 4,062 released on NMR, 1,737, or 43%, were rearrested while their case was pending."
That’s fair. It’s a new policy, one that will require tweaking. That’s not an excuse, your data shows bad results.

I wonder what the rearrest rate was under the old system for comparison.

Catch and release isn't working... anywhere. "Require tweaking" might be the understatement of the year.

In any case, adios.

Unfortunately some of us here in downstate IL are screwed by the Chicago machine of politics and our jobs and elderly family are here. This really is a great geographical state with tons to offer but we are managed by the blue sadly.

The whole bill is just unbelievably F'd up and hard to comprehend these a$$ holes think this is great. Meanwhile we are being taxed to death and have a FOID card still.

Reactions: Halfnutz
we should just tranque all the Whitetail deer in IL, move them to a different state (NC please) and let IL burn itself to the ground. The deer herd is the only thing in that state worth saving. maybe some pizza.
I was with you until you mentioned pizza. Nope, you’re off the Xmas card list.

We'll keep our deer. But you can send matches for the burn part. South of I80 is ready to succeed.

Reactions: Redheeler
Catch and release doesn’t work because they are releasing them in the wrong place. Should be airdrop releasing them somewhere over Africa with weeks worth of food. Put our C17’s to work.

Just some better quality ones in the Sampson county area please

No. Arrested, processed, no cash fee for bail so you would be released until your trial date

They might still secure it other ways though but I don't see how that's any better than cash, people still bond out and miss court as it is

This is dumb, won't solve a thing, it's another idiotic idea dreamed up by some liberal college professor with no real world experience with crime or criminals

Reactions: Redheeler
I was with you until you mentioned pizza. Nope, you’re off the Xmas card list.
Aye. I prefer Brooklyn style pizza but won't turn down the deep dish