• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Illuminated reticle problem

usmc7980

Sarge
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2008
Springfield MO USA
Anybody have issues like this with their illuminated reticle? Almost looks like dust or putting in the glass catching the light and showing up. Looks like tiny red star constellations. I have cleaned exterior lenses and this is a BNIB scope
CE05B932-75D2-4DCF-BCBD-7F93C5284496.jpeg

Last edited:
That certainly doesn't look right......I have an illuminated reticle on one of my scopes and it's just that....A fine, reticle width , lit up line......

What mfg is that, how much of a pain is it to send it to get looked at?

That certainly doesn't look right......I have an illuminated reticle on one of my scopes and it's just that....A fine, reticle width , lit up line......
I have brightness maxed out. I was trying to get image of the red specks everywhere
What mfg is that, how much of a pain is it to send it to get looked at?
vortex, already have an RMA just wondering if I’m being too picky. I’ve never really used illuminated reticles so I don’t know what’s acceptable. It’s a strike eagle

I have brightness maxed out. I was trying to get image of the red specks everywhere

vortex, already have an RMA just wondering if I’m being too picky. I’ve never really used illuminated reticles so I don’t know what’s acceptable. It’s a strike eagle
I'd send it back... That's what a warranty is for. It sucks sending back something brand new, but you play the game long enough, it's going to happen occasionally.

Bad thing is I really only got it for the little bit of extra adjustment but now that illumination is bothering the hell out of me

When will you ever max out the illumination when in the dark or use it with the front cap closed? You are causing glare that you will never see in use. I’m not understanding the problem.

Reactions: 1911hombre
It’s there regardless of those factors, I was just trying to get it to show better in the pic
Send it back, Vortex warranty is bullet proof and I’d bet they’d just send you a new one if you explained it was brand new, never been shot on a rifle, and you need it right now (it is hunting season after all).

Y